• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

This was amazing game from my point of view, I've seen so many pre season games where we bring on subs and the game goes downhill, if anything we look better the longer the games go on.
This. I think it also helps that the youngsters play the same brand of football and that the brand of football they play is attacking.

This. I think it also helps that the youngsters play the same brand of football and that the brand of football they play is attacking.

It helps that they won their league last season playing this type of football. It's the first time in years the academy teams have replicated the first team. The confidence in their ability is very impressive, no looking to play safe all the time, first thought to go forward.

The youngsters at spurs have been playing that way for years. The older players have had conte, Mourinho... they’ve only been playing this way for a season.

The youngsters at spurs have been playing that way for years. The older players have had conte, Mourinho... they’ve only been playing this way for a season.

You must have been watching different games than me, the U21's had been a shambles since Sherwood left them. I know all the usual suspects will jump up and down but he was good with the youth team. Skipp and Edwards were the outstanding players amongst some average ones but little sign of a system or style.

You must have been watching different games than me, the U21's had been a shambles since Sherwood left them. I know all the usual suspects will jump up and down but he was good with the youth team. Skipp and Edwards were the outstanding players amongst some average ones but little sign of a system or style.

You’d have seen more than me.

Did Sherwood ever manage the u21s? I thought he was in charge of the next gen team (u19s?) but that was short lived. Thought his role was mostly outside of the training pitch/coaching

Did Sherwood ever manage the u21s? I thought he was in charge of the next gen team (u19s?) but that was short lived. Thought his role was mostly outside of the training pitch/coaching
Probably was can't keep up with the need to rebrand or change names everywhere, but the teams had little recognisable strategy other than swapping from 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-3

From the players that have played in pre season so far.... What would be your starting 11 based on only pre season?

So i haven’t been fortunate enough to watch many of the friendlies so i am going off of information from other people. Is it correct to say that we have been the same as last season by being mediocre in the first half and then turning it on in the second half?

So i haven’t been fortunate enough to watch many of the friendlies so i am going off of information from other people. Is it correct to say that we have been the same as last season by being mediocre in the first half and then turning it on in the second half?
Not really; today the first half we were excellent with the senior players up front, then the kids came on and looked just as sharp against more tired opposition and a more fractured defence. Really it feels like we can swap out various forwards and midfielders for the kids, as they've looked really strong, without a drop-off. Particularly once a player gets tired, we can just swap them out.

Pretty much, except we played well in the 1st half today. And, like last season, we play some brilliant football, score good goals, and concede really poor goals. I know we haven't played with our centre backs, but that didn't help last season. We still conceded really poor goals.

Back