• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

Ah ha, looks like we've found our new spacegoat for when Richi isn't on the pitch!

Maddison was great first half of the season and then his form plummeting coincided with the team as a whole being damn poor. Please remind me who was actually good second half of the season? Bissouma? Bentancur? Son? Kulu? Yeah, thought not - we have way bigger issues than Maddison.....

Ah ha, looks like we've found our new spacegoat for when Richi isn't on the pitch!

Maddison was great first half of the season and then his form plummeting coincided with the team as a whole being damn poor. Please remind me who was actually good second half of the season? Bissouma? Bentancur? Son? Kulu? Yeah, thought not - we have way bigger issues than Maddison.....

All the players you mentioned have been criticised though.

At the end of the day, the only person I can really blame is the manager as they're the one putting out the team. Just speaking for myself.
Agreed regarding Maddison's early-season form, but I don't think he did himself any favors with the way he played when coming back from his injury. However, it's not like Bentancur was playing that great either when he was also returning from his injury.

All I can say now is that there's more competition thankfully, so Maddison has to perform at a high level or risk being benched.

Agreed and agreed again.
I still think that IF we decide to pull the trigger and actually splash out for Eze, he will walk into this side, leaving Maddison and Deki on the bench.

I think if we had a first 11 of

Vicario

Porro
Romero
VdV
Udogie

Gray
Bissouma
Sarr

Eze
Son
Johnson

and a bench of

Austin, Maddison, Deki, Spence, Radu, Bergvall, Donely, Lankshear, Moore

things would look good...of course, then suddenly there's no room for Davies and we're reliant on Donely filling in for Udogie if needed, and we know Werner will be involved in the match-day squad, ditto Richy...so already there's only really room for ONE of the four youngsters. Moore can float between u-21 and first team, so that might take care of that issue. But the (good) problems are piling up and we love to see it!!!!
Give it a fee games for their fitness to hopefully kick in, but i think you'd always have to have Bentancur over Bissouma and Richarlison over Son in our best 11

fudging hell it’s one pre-season game, in ridiculous heat after doing double sessions some days on the other side of the world.

This is my problem with Maddison everywere he has played he has been a hit and miss player generally. When we signed him i was not that overjoyed because of his previous record of being that way. He has talent and has shown it especilly the early part of this season but it seems to have gone that way, i know he has been injured and i hope he comes back and becomes more of a consistant player.
Same, wasn't overjoyed but happy we finally got someone with creativity after too many years with the likes of sissoko, skip etc....I can live with skillful but streaky players. But not with players who have skills but don't show up in the big matches, Maddison increasingly appears to me as that sort of player. It's a mental thing in my opinion.

Give it a fee games for their fitness to hopefully kick in, but i think you'd always have to have Bentancur over Bissouma and Richarlison over Son in our best 11

Let's see which Bentancur we still have. I agree that Biss needs an upgrade. Sonny walks into our starting 11 every time for me, it's not even a question.

Same, wasn't overjoyed but happy we finally got someone with creativity after too many years with the likes of sissoko, skip etc....I can live with skillful but streaky players. But not with players who have skills but don't show up in the big matches, Maddison increasingly appears to me as that sort of player. It's a mental thing in my opinion.

Similar to Eriksen in that regard then.

Last week in Tokyo was brutal, but this might be the hottest day of the tour today. Currently 34° and will still be 31° at kick off (plus 70% humidity.) Going to be a huge test for the players who have been working so hard.

Back