• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

Davies shows himself as better at LW than Werner, along with most of squad/juniors.

WTF have we sold Santiago ?

3 days to the first Bayern match.. I hope they are missing a load of first teamers still!

Anyone know when VDV, Romero, GLC and Bentancur are expected back?

Missing the CBs, but I'm sure they are the issue, it's way to open and better teams will punish us.

Only pre-season mind and could get better

Its a conditioning thing ey

Changing keepers at HT and having 12-15 changes a game, its hardly going to be grade A football.

Its mins in legs, I enjoyed the good parts and ignored the bits second half after 100 changes thats not reflective of a season. Also with Romero and MVDV not featuring too

3 days to the first Bayern match.. I hope they are missing a load of first teamers still!

Anyone know when VDV, Romero, GLC and Bentancur are expected back?

Dragusin joined yesterday. So how long did romania get knocked out before the others?

Others were in Copa, Argentina is also in Olympics, are we sure non of ours went?

Yes i know they were in the copa. But the players get a certain amount of time off. Whatever country they played for or competition they were in.

Back to the game

- Donley, Devine, Moore, Lankshear all look the part
- Skipp not so much and unfortunately this preseason has looked poor in comparison to Gray/Bergvall as well as the others above
- Porro looking better than back end of last season, big passes, getting himself into scoring positions
- Maddison, ouch, should have had either a hattrick or hattrick of assists, just off.
- Good to see a Son trademark goal and cool 1:1 finish as well
- Deki looks good in center, question is would he actually play there if we had a CF?
- Dragusin reminder of his ability in air, cleared a couple early, useful to have

Noticeable, Sarr/Gray/Bergvall midfield in First half and score was 3-0

More time in legs for boys, we could have been better at both ends, while they might have scored a couple more at most, we easily should have had 3-4 more.

Many of the players looked tired. It's all taking a toll -- particularly the heat -- but I think that's a positive thing.

My main take away from pre-season so far is that Lankshear, Donley, Moore and Spence definitely have a place in our squad.

Yes we are doing double sessions in intense heat, really stretching the fitness of the boys, to get us bang on fitness/form for the league start.
So when someone looks a bit slow and lumbering, that is because they started the game pretty tired and are just doing what they can, to get fit i.e. they won't do double sessions right before the Prem starts.

Many of the players looked tired. It's all taking a toll -- particularly the heat -- but I think that's a positive thing.

My main take away from pre-season so far is that Lankshear, Donley, Moore and Spence definitely have a place in our squad.

I would add Devine to that, he's done well when used, I was worried he would be down the pecking order but the quick passing suits his game. I know we've only played teams we would be expected to beat but it's the first time I can remember so many young players come in and play well with confidence.

Overall thought Gray's passing was poor and Maddison was atrocious. Skipp's time looks like it's running out. Not sure Abbott is cut out for the first time based on his displays in pre season.

On the other hand, Spence and Donley looked very good again, Bergvall too. Werner, Moore, Lankshear were all varying degrees of tidy.

Decent performance all in all albeit worrying open on the break. Good to play against a match fit team, keen to see how we far against Bayern x2.

Watching the highlights. Everytime they countered they had 4 attackers against 2 of our defenders. Similar to last season.

We're going to concede a lot of goals again next season if it doesn't change. Our attack is going to have to be on point.

Watching the highlights. Everytime they countered they had 4 attackers against 2 of our defenders. Similar to last season.

We're going to concede a lot of goals again next season if it doesn't change. Our attack is going to have to be on point.

Hopefully

First half not so much, Skipp & Maddison did not help our midfield at all

Back