• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

After the disappointment of not winning anything with Pochettino I was reluctantly prepared for the pragmatic football Mourinho and Conte practice in the hope of success, alas there were no throphies and if not for the form of Kane and Son the depressing football would have been even worse. Even when we won our journeys home lacking in enthusiasm for what we had seen. It didn't sit easy with me trying to be "it's all about winning" fan, I've seen enough rubbish but at least we usually tried to attack over the years.

We may not win any silverware (only a few can) but at least our games will be exciting with thrills at both ends, that's the sort of football I like, when we were kids how many of us wanted to be a goalie or defender? Not many I bet, it's all about goals, I don't want to know how or why they're scored I just want to be entertained I'll leave the bone picking to the experts on TV. Carry on Attack matron.

After the disappointment of not winning anything with Pochettino I was reluctantly prepared for the pragmatic football Mourinho and Conte practice in the hope of success, alas there were no throphies and if not for the form of Kane and Son the depressing football would have been even worse. Even when we won our journeys home lacking in enthusiasm for what we had seen. It didn't sit easy with me trying to be "it's all about winning" fan, I've seen enough rubbish but at least we usually tried to attack over the years.

We may not win any silverware (only a few can) but at least our games will be exciting with thrills at both ends, that's the sort of football I like, when we were kids how many of us wanted to be a goalie or defender? Not many I bet, it's all about goals, I don't want to know how or why they're scored I just want to be entertained I'll leave the bone picking to the experts on TV. Carry on Attack matron.

He's had success. So we know the system can work.

I just hope the other players than the 2cbs know that there will be a counter attack. When it does happen they get their arses back aswell. Yes we attack. But focus. If we lose the ball you then defend.

He's had success. So we know the system can work.

I just hope the other players than the 2cbs know that there will be a counter attack. When it does happen they get their arses back aswell. Yes we attack. But focus. If we lose the ball you then defend.

The system requires a lot of legs, it's why (in my opinion), we looked a little ragged at times in preseason (tired, not match fit), and when we did look good, it was with a lot of the youngsters on the pitch

- VDV will make a difference (he did last season)
- Romero (step out and shut down) and Dragusin (in air) would kill a lot of what we say today
- Spence actually showed he has some decent recovery pace and instincts

I don't see a role for Skipp in this side at this point, you are better off playing the Academy players (and that's not hyperbole based on this preseason).

Maddison needs to find form or there will be players to take his place, I'd argue Deki has that spot based on current output

The system requires a lot of legs, it's why (in my opinion), we looked a little ragged at times in preseason (tired, not match fit), and when we did look good, it was with a lot of the youngsters on the pitch

- VDV will make a difference (he did last season)
- Romero (step out and shut down) and Dragusin (in air) would kill a lot of what we say today
- Spence actually showed he has some decent recovery pace and instincts

I don't see a role for Skipp in this side at this point, you are better off playing the Academy players (and that's not hyperbole based on this preseason).

Maddison needs to find form or there will be players to take his place, I'd argue Deki has that spot based on current output

Agreed and agreed again.
I still think that IF we decide to pull the trigger and actually splash out for Eze, he will walk into this side, leaving Maddison and Deki on the bench.

I think if we had a first 11 of

Vicario

Porro
Romero
VdV
Udogie

Gray
Bissouma
Sarr

Eze
Son
Johnson

and a bench of

Austin, Maddison, Deki, Spence, Radu, Bergvall, Donely, Lankshear, Moore

things would look good...of course, then suddenly there's no room for Davies and we're reliant on Donely filling in for Udogie if needed, and we know Werner will be involved in the match-day squad, ditto Richy...so already there's only really room for ONE of the four youngsters. Moore can float between u-21 and first team, so that might take care of that issue. But the (good) problems are piling up and we love to see it!!!!

Last night couldn't have been more different to Tokyo...but that was very much as expected. Very strange atmosphere, but the people got what they came for. Lucas Bergvall also very, very, very popular. Everytime he came up on screen the crowd went mad. There's not too many blonde-haired, blue-eyed Calvin Klein-looking models here.

screenshot_2024_08_01 _10.27.jpg

Maddison posted this not long before the match. Maybe he just wasn’t in the right headspace. He’s become a real family man it seems, so had to blame someone who might be wishing they were at home celebrating than playing a friendly half way around the world.

This is really insightful actually. Add the disappointment of not making it to Germany for the Euros to his family head, and it makes a lot of sense. I hope he can find his way through it (if there is an 'it' of course)...

Mental or physical doesn't matter. If he can't sort it out we need someone that can do the job required.

Mental or physical doesn't matter. If he can't sort it out we need someone that can do the job required.
I am expecting that Bergvall will play as soon as Maddison isn't productive... its blindingly clear we have to improve in attacking centrally

Doesn't really account for the 2nd half of last season though? Also interesting when you see Leicester fans say he's known for playing half a season well.
He is known for playing well before an injury

The half a season thing needs that context

His record the year before we brought him was 32 games and 10 goals. That would be great here

191 prem appearances and 47 goals, 41 assists

Doesn't really account for the 2nd half of last season though? Also interesting when you see Leicester fans say he's known for playing half a season well.

This is my problem with Maddison everywere he has played he has been a hit and miss player generally. When we signed him i was not that overjoyed because of his previous record of being that way. He has talent and has shown it especilly the early part of this season but it seems to have gone that way, i know he has been injured and i hope he comes back and becomes more of a consistant player.

Maddison posted this not long before the match. Maybe he just wasn’t in the right headspace. He’s become a real family man it seems, so had to blame someone who might be wishing they were at home celebrating than playing a friendly half way around the world.
That excuse doesnt wash. He is an adult and has history. He is not reliable enough to be what we are looking for at Spurs.

Back