• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

No
I’ve said that son is great option wide
And at CF he is poor
He can’t keep a ball or pass a ball
So therefore in Ange ball he can’t play the game at CF
Especially as most teams play a low block against us
Because he can’t keep the ball it allows teams to counter more
Now Richy when fit, and despite his weaknesses was getting a goal a game
We also weren’t getting the same counters because he literally played on the CBS meaning there wasn’t a spare man for the opposition.
Appreciate you may not see it that way but the numbers don’t lie

Unless we move back to long ball counter attacking.. like Saudi Sportswashing Machine did to us … then Sonny is only good against 5 teams as CF. He can play WF against the rest and probably be very good

The issue with counter attacking is your team are getting turned. The reason why you need a CF is that they normally minimise that “punt” by putting pressure in the central areas where the opposition tend to start the counters

The sonny example form Saudi Sportswashing Machine was him and Maddison literally trying to play simple 1-2s on the the of their area meaning one of their 3 Cbs stepped out to them and their full back took the ball and launched a quick counter
That CB can’t do that if he is marking the CF
As I said, look at Morata for Spain to understand how Poseidon football works now. Most sides don’t have prolific CFs instead they have players do the basics well

Richy was successful scoring tap ins. Sorry but I think we need slightly more than that from a CF. We can’t rely exclusively on tap ins.

I’m curious as to what you think about the defending from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game considering all of the goals seems to be all Son’s fault.

Richy was successful scoring tap ins. Sorry but I think we need slightly more than that from a CF. We can’t rely exclusively on tap ins.

I’m curious as to what you think about the defending from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game considering all of the goals seems to be all Son’s fault.
I never said they were all sons fault did I?
I actually agreed with you around VDVs slip… but fix the route cause and the issue goes away
I mean one goal was a porro pass for them and one was a corner
Ange system though is all about tap ins. That’s the way he plays. High scoring chances not screamers

Watch the highlights and look where son loses the ball for the first and third goals
Key positions that arguably he should be in as Cf

Last edited:
Not on bein or one of the other arab channels?
No idea.
LiveOnSat reporting similar

ESPN 1 Brazil HD
Sport 4 Israel HD
SportKlub 2 Hrvatska HD
SportKlub 2 Srbija HD
SportKlub 3 Slovenija
SpursPlay ($/geo/R)
V Sport 2 Suomi HD
V Sport Premier League HD
V Sport Premium HD
ViaPlay Danmark HD
ViaPlay Suomi HD
ViaPlay Sverige HD

No idea.
LiveOnSat reporting similar

ESPN 1 Brazil HD
Sport 4 Israel HD
SportKlub 2 Hrvatska HD
SportKlub 2 Srbija HD
SportKlub 3 Slovenija
SpursPlay ($/geo/R)
V Sport 2 Suomi HD
V Sport Premier League HD
V Sport Premium HD
ViaPlay Danmark HD
ViaPlay Suomi HD
ViaPlay Sverige HD

Cheers. Might go the pub and see if it's on. Or just watch the highlights on youtube.

Back