• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

Agree with this. And your viewpoint on pre-season. The results and performances mean very little come the opening day of the season. Utd's pre-season last year was hardly awe inspiring and they went on to win the league. Our best pre-season, possibly ever, preceded 2pts from 8 games.

I will say that Utd seriously punched above their weight last season, thanks mainly to Van Persie. They aren't as strong as they have been and Fergie left at the right time. However, the league is very weak at the moment so a not very strong Utd team is still capable of winning the title as a result. But my money is on a sugar daddy battle between City and Chelsea for this years title.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt be surprised if these two were 10-15pts clear of 3rd place and the rest of us. With Bale in our team that 3rd place is up for grabs, saying that there are still 3 weeks left of this window, I'm pretty sure Arsenall will spend, depends who they get. Think United will be a learning season for them, will be their lowest finishing position for years, thats not saying much as they have pretty much been 1st or 2nd for an enternity

So what will be the lineup today? Get your team sheet in.

Soldado, Chadli, Paulinho should figure.

Who will play left back?
Who will play in central defense? It doesn't look like Capoue will have signed in time to slot into the defense.
Who will make up the midfield?

And what formation will we line up? 433?

Who will play left back?
Who will play in central defense? It doesn't look like Capoue will have signed in time to slot into the defense.

Lloris; Walker, Livermore, Fryers, Rose; Dembele, Paulinho; Lennon, Chadli, Sigurdsson; Soldado

Who will play left back?

Sandro is in according to his tweets, so probably him,Paulinho and Dembele in the middle.

My guess:

Lloris
Walker - Fryers - Livermore - Rose
Paulinho - Dembele
Lennon - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Soldado​

My guess:

Lloris
Walker - Fryers - Livermore - Rose
Paulinho - Dembele
Lennon - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Soldado​

Agree with that. Would like to see Kaboom, Sandro and, ideally, Bale off the bench for cameos. Would also be reassuring to see Holtby appear at some point as well!

@AssouEkotto 1h

Good luck to spurs all the best and many goal for them LOL #coys

@basicbloke2012 20m
@AssouEkotto how come you're not playing mate?

@AssouEkotto 6m
@basicbloke2012 not good enough may b lol...

With Sandro self-reporting ready for duty might we see him at centre back at some point today? I think he will do a better job there than Livermore and Fryers at this point.

Hoping to see Soldado, Chadli and Paulinho get good run outs. I was lucky enough not to have time to watch the Monaco game so I haven't seen any of them on the pitch in a Spurs shirt so far.

I'm also hoping Bale plays some minutes at least obviously.

@AssouEkotto 1h

Good luck to spurs all the best and many goal for them LOL #coys

@basicbloke2012 20m
@AssouEkotto how come you're not playing mate?

@AssouEkotto 6m
@basicbloke2012 not good enough may b lol...

See the Benny thread

With Sandro self-reporting ready for duty might we see him at centre back at some point today? I think he will do a better job there than Livermore and Fryers at this point.

Hoping to see Soldado, Chadli and Paulinho get good run outs. I was lucky enough not to have time to watch the Monaco game so I haven't seen any of them on the pitch in a Spurs shirt so far.

I'm also hoping Bale plays some minutes at least obviously.

Why bother with Sandro at CB? WOuld rather that he develops an understanding with Paulinho and Dembele as a trio

If Bale was really spotted an hour plus ago fiilling up his car in Enfield on the way to WHL then there has to be a decent chance that he might be involved

I haven't seen any rumours about a Capoue announcement at the stadium. Anyone with badger access up for starting one?

Or maybe we can get a "at the stadium crappy mobile photo" like with Vertonghen last season...

Why bother with Sandro at CB? WOuld rather that he develops an understanding with Paulinho and Dembele as a trio

If Bale was really spotted an hour plus ago fiilling up his car in Enfield on the way to WHL then there has to be a decent chance that he might be involved

We have 3 centre backs, all of which are good enough for me to be happy with them starting for us in the PL in Vertonghen, Kaboul and Dawson. Right now all of them are reportedly injured and doubtful for the first game of the season. We're also reportedly looking for another centre back, who may or may not be ready for the first game of the season. At best he'll just be ready, but quite possibly only to play next to someone who isn't a natural centre back in what will be a rather scrappy looking back 4.

This is not a good situation and the Palace game is coming up quickly. Getting the best possible centre back pairing out for the first game (or three) will be very important for us I feel. More important than 3 experienced, natural central midfielders - two of which played together last season - gelling as a trio.

If Sandro is a real option for a start as a centre back against Palace, and I think he should be, he should be getting game time there today.

i want townsend in the line up today, u know, the winger who actually takes on his opponents and creates and scores. fed up of lennon and his non improvement

Parker's at the Watford-Bournemouth game so he won't be in the squad today, his brother in law plays for Bournemouth or something.

We have 3 centre backs, all of which are good enough for me to be happy with them starting for us in the PL in Vertonghen, Kaboul and Dawson. Right now all of them are reportedly injured and doubtful for the first game of the season. We're also reportedly looking for another centre back, who may or may not be ready for the first game of the season. At best he'll just be ready, but quite possibly only to play next to someone who isn't a natural centre back in what will be a rather scrappy looking back 4.

This is not a good situation and the Palace game is coming up quickly. Getting the best possible centre back pairing out for the first game (or three) will be very important for us I feel. More important than 3 experienced, natural central midfielders - two of which played together last season - gelling as a trio.

If Sandro is a real option for a start as a centre back against Palace, and I think he should be, he should be getting game time there today.

ok, understand now why you would play him at CB today. I wouldn't play him there v Palace at all so wouldn't play him there today. I always think that, if someone is out, you play the next best in that position rather than move top players out of position. Otherwise by doing so you weaken two positions rather than one

Back