• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

In today's other political news, Corbyn has rambled about the benefits of Brexit, because we will be able to build choo-choo trains in Birmingham again, and Dominic Raab was just claiming to the Brexit Select Committee that he wasn't planning to put a hard parting in the Red Sea (while delivering the British people to a land of milk and honey, presumably) when it emerged that he'd been demoted and the Cabinet Office was formally taking over negotiations.

So, we're still fudged.

We are sooooo fudged. But if Brexit does happen I really hope it's a Corbyn Brexit. Not because I'm in love with the guy or his policies or anything (he is not the Messiah). But if it is a Corbyn Brexit then JRM and his Ilk are as likely to get fudged by it as the rest of us are.

And that would at least give me a little sense of satisfaction as I que up for my food rations.

We are sooooo fudged. But if Brexit does happen I really hope it's a Corbyn Brexit. Not because I'm in love with the guy or his policies or anything (he is not the Messiah). But if it is a Corbyn Brexit then JRM and his Ilk are as likely to get fudged by it as the rest of us are.

And that would at least give me a little sense of satisfaction as I que up for my food rations.

That's the spirit, Comrade!

:D

I have a question to ask of the Brexitiers.

If you are wrong and we end up considerably worse off, will you hold your hands up and say my bad I fudged up.... We should never have left?

Because if the reverse happens I will happily admit I was wrong... In fact If Brexit happens I really really want to be wrong. I will joyfully admit it.

Just wondering if there is any responsibility national pride to your positions?

Wait, I thought this wasn't going to cost??!!

The Govt are definitely laying the foundations, just in time for summer break, to highlight the (accurate) "doomsday" scenarios for the likes of JRM etc to solve.
They want no deal, fine - explain the contingency plan.

I also think they are setting up for a withdrawal of Brexit. Nov-Feb will see more of these stories, and some enactments, and with no contingency the cliff edge will become clear.
People won't like the cliff edge when they actually see it. When it's real, rather than hypothesis.

If you are wrong and we end up considerably worse off, will you hold your hands up and say my bad I fudged up.... We should never have left?

Because if the reverse happens I will happily admit I was wrong... In fact If Brexit happens I really really want to be wrong. I will joyfully admit it.

The majority will blame everyone else, it is already starting.

For me liberalism is always more important than utilitarianism. You can't put a price on freedom

I mean, it's really not.

And frankly to call the EU a dictatorship is so ignorant and disrespectful to people actually being persecuted under dictatorships that you should be embarrassed.

Can we remove the president(s)? Change the ideology? Nope

The EU fails nearly all Tony Benn's 5 tests of a democracy

We’d normally say that; Javid is deviating from the rule.

So lets say I witnessed a murder in the US within a state that holds the death penalty I should not give evidence because as a UK citizen there is a risk the offender might face the death penalty? Sounds a warped logic to me

So lets say I witnessed a murder in the US within a state that holds the death penalty I should not give evidence because as a UK citizen there is a risk the offender might face the death penalty? Sounds a warped logic to me
You can do what you want but as a state we have decided we do not support the death penalty, this is the status quo and Javid is going against this without any Parliamentary oversight - This is the point being made, this is not an argument if it is the correct or incorrect position as that decision was made ages ago, but if it is up for debate its not Javids remit to change this unilaterally.

In this case Abbot is with the general consensus not extreme.

Reactions: DTA
Can we remove the president(s)? Change the ideology? Nope

The EU fails nearly all Tony Benn's 5 tests of a democracy

I like that the president is seperate, but they are still accountable to memeber states and an elected parliment. Democracy is flawed in many ways too, as was Tony Benn's 5 tests. Chruchill's missives on the limits of democracy are just as interesting.

You can do what you want but as a state we have decided we do not support the death penalty, this is the status quo and Javid is going against this without any Parliamentary oversight - This is the point being made, this is not an argument if it is the correct or incorrect position as that decision was made ages ago, but if it is up for debate its not Javids remit to change this unilaterally.

In this case Abbot is with the general consensus not extreme.

Fair play but I would say the guy is paid to make decisions and not debate them all, this in the grand scheme of what will be debated in parliment.

Back