• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

The analogy is sound I'm setting the parameters based on realities. The fact that you can't respond to it, is indicative of the position that we find ourselves in re Brexit.
Ie... Saying you don't want to play anymore doesn't make the lorry turn.

As a side note to my excellent analogy ;)

What was the compromise made by the eu in relation to freedom of movement with the Canada deal? And more importantly if they have offered us the same deal, why is that not good enough for you?

Yes, a fairly predictable response.

Not wanting to engage in torturing an analogy to death is not the same as not having a point/argument. It comes from experience of forums like this, we all know how it goes - Im recognising that early and getting out of what will inevitably be a laboured and pointless discussion - as I am very sure you already know.

As I understand it, the Canada deal has no FoM, but does have clause for people working in certain sectors to have easier passage. I dont claim to be expert, but thats as I read it. And, personally, Ive no issue with that at all, never claim to have had.

Any 'issue' I have in the Canada deal is simply that the EU has shown precedent for being flexible on its freedoms - but refuses to with us.

It betrays their real intent, something I find distasteful to say the least.

The analogy is sound I'm setting the parameters based on realities. The fact that you can't respond to it, is indicative of the position that we find ourselves in re Brexit.
Ie... Saying you don't want to play anymore doesn't make the lorry turn.

As a side note to my excellent analogy ;)

What was the compromise made by the eu in relation to freedom of movement with the Canada deal? And more importantly if they have offered us the same deal, why is that not good enough for you?

The only reason we've not signed a Canada deal months ago was because Ireland kicked up a fuss about Northern Ireland. The bind there has basically screwed over the whole of Brexit. That's why we won't be able to have full Brexit until the nationalist voting age majority comes about in a few years' time.

As I have said before (yawn)....

i'd truly like some of the vision of Scara and GB etc to come to pass....however.

Regardless of the ins and outs of both sides of the argument (and the arguing could go on for forever and a day) and what the projected results/impact may be, it's wise to consider the journey of how we might get there. And sadly this is where it's more likely to fall down. (Even if it's the right thing to do)

The klaxon sounds, 'strap yourself in we're going in for a hard Brexit'....you look around...pah, .48% straight away aren't on board....you look to the benches for inspiration/leadership...nope, they're all poo poo..even the ones who 'fancied' a bit of Brexit' don't really want to know. Politics is uninspiring and directionless. Collective effort is none existent, blame/finger pointing is the order of the day, of course it is, that's easier than standing up and owning something.

The country doesn't have the appetite for this, there is no common cause, no bogeyman to bring us together. Perhaps if you shut Facebook and Twitter down people would have enough time to get stuck in, or at least glance up from their phones to notice their country needs them. Sorry. Not gonna happen.

And that will be the fallout (and failure ) from Brexit.

Everything is surmountable..but in these situations, you've (and not the next man) gotta do the hard yards.

Edit: and of course, the arguing will continue on here:)

Last edited:
It’s also seen the UK go from sick man of Europe to a real powerhouse.

What would you prefer, soft Brexit, with less sovereignty, and a little less EU trade; or Hard Brexit, which might be pretty anarchic. All car manufacturers and investment banks would move into the EU, the value of the pound would plummet, they’d be queues at all ports, shops would not have stocks of imported items, we’d have problems with imported medicine and a divided Ireland with a new generation of Irish militants bombing border posts.

Which option appeals?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Honestly me personally a hard one but I can see that the vote was so close and for a united country a soft one will probably have to do.

Think we are headed for a Corbyn government and I think he will want a hard one to bring in everything he wants.

I would always go for hard due to long held beliefs, but I can see why May has done what she has done.

Honestly me personally a hard one but I can see that the vote was so close and for a united country a soft one will probably have to do.

Think we are headed for a Corbyn government and I think he will want a hard one to bring in everything he wants.

I would always go for hard due to long held beliefs, but I can see why May has done what she has done.

You're not a fan of flacid?

The thing about 'soft' is that Remaining is better. More sovergnity, better trade etc.
The thing about 'hard' is everything. A significantly poorer UK.

Both are flawed, and I actually agree with hardline Brexiteers, what's the point of a soft Brexit it achieves nothing? It's a way of saying 'here you go we delivered Brexit'. All they will do is downgrate the UKs global standing and its sovrignity further.

Last edited:
You're not a fan of flacid?

The thing about 'soft' is that Remaining is better. More sovergnity, better trade etc.
The thing about 'hard' is everything. A significantly poorer UK.

Both are flawed, and I actually agree with hardline Brexiteers, what's the point of a soft Brexit it achieves nothing? It's a way of saying 'here you go we delivered Brexit'. All they will do is downgrate the UKs global standing and its sovrignity further.

But it's a step outward. The second step comes later when we've built up more RoW trade through the TPP and don't need to worry about NI anymore.

But it's a step outward. The second step comes later when we've built up more RoW trade through the TPP and don't need to worry about NI anymore.

Maybe. Fact remains that nations trade most with their neighbours. I think the next 6 months or so will see politics try to navigate a path to have a vote on the exit deal. Brexit is potentially too damaging to the UK not to give people a chance to vote once we know what it will look like. It's boring, but it seems increasingly like the only way forward.

Back