• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

My chosing to not play along, again, is not the same as "having nothing".

I have pointed out how you have behaved/are perceived. Ive tried to show you that perhaps you arent engaging in the way that you think you are. And Im not the only one to say so.

I havent even tried to "win an argument" here, which really only goes to expose your attitude to this thread.

Which you basically validate by missing the entire point of the post to focus on one term you didnt like to then score points against me.

Okay old bean. There are no winners in Brexit. Am I mistaken, you voted to Remain in the 'first' refferendum?

You see, @SpurMeUp , there's hope for you yet...

Hahaha awesome post. Thank you.

Funny thing is I like the undercurrent of sentiment towards Brexit. Revolution. Shaking up the establishment. All good. I just don't think leavin ghte EU will do that. We have to look closer to home. I'm not sure how you can harness the passion that Brexit has thrown up. But if you could, and channel it into a national drive to make the UK great again, then we'd be onto something.

Funny thing is I like the undercurrent of sentiment towards Brexit. Revolution. Shaking up the establishment. All good. I just don't think leavin ghte EU will do that. We have to look closer to home. I'm not sure how you can harness the passion that Brexit has thrown up. But if you could, and channel it into a national drive to make the UK great again, then we'd be onto something.

I have come to respect and admire your views even if I do not agree with them.

But anyone who wants to make Britain great is a ducking tosser. Decent, kind, respectfull and hard working. Great, that is for tossers like Trump.

Brilliant that is what I have been on about. We should be doing it in every city in the UK. Along with a 20 year plan to get all our energy needs from within the UK from renewable sources.

Difficult sure, but when you really push yourself you achieve things. Sadly I see no ambition in the Tories, a little in Corbyn but I am worried about some of his motives.

The middle East is seeing oil is no longer the future and is looking to new industries. Wish we had someone with vision.

Do you not think a big part of the problem though is that, since 1992, we've outsourced so much of our governance? If things like trade, laws and borders are beyond the remit of the national government, there's not actually much they can do. Tinker a bit with economic management/tax and spend maybe, but all within narrow parameters. If you are expecting something downgraded to a village fete committee to be bold and courageous, it just isn't possible.

Look at the EU's defiance when Italy proposed innovative spending plans - they pretty much tried to bring down the democratically elected government (and have done similar things in Greece)

I have come to respect and admire your views even if I do not agree with them.

But anyone who wants to make Britain great is a ducking tosser. Decent, kind, respectfull and hard working. Great, that is for tossers like Trump.

Agree. The post-Brexit mantra should be 'make Britain happy'. We need to switch our priorities from greed to contentment. Become more Japanese or Scandinavian.

Brilliant that is what I have been on about. We should be doing it in every city in the UK. Along with a 20 year plan to get all our energy needs from within the UK from renewable sources.

Difficult sure, but when you really push yourself you achieve things. Sadly I see no ambition in the Tories, a little in Corbyn but I am worried about some of his motives.

The middle East is seeing oil is no longer the future and is looking to new industries. Wish we had someone with vision.

Ironically the researcher developing all this for the Middle East is from Sheffield

Do you not think a big part of the problem though is that, since 1992, we've outsourced so much of our governance? If things like trade, laws and borders are beyond the remit of the national government, there's not actually much they can do. Tinker a bit with economic management/tax and spend maybe, but all within narrow parameters. If you are expecting something downgraded to a village fete committee to be bold and courageous, it just isn't possible.

Look at the EU's defiance when Italy proposed innovative spending plans - they pretty much tried to bring down the democratically elected government (and have done similar things in Greece)

I have often said if we have to stay in the EU. Then we might as well get rid of our politicians and save the money. EU make the laws and civil servants do the paperwork.

I think if we can't have brexit then that would be my choice actually.

When they faced the select committee, they were too confident, bolshy and you could see there were some underlying nerves.

It is classic Soviet tatics. The Soviets used to buy 1000s of books written by authors who supported them. The unpopular books were never sold, it was a means to financially support their supporters.

This would have been the scandle of the year a decade ago, today no one is suprised! Will anything come of it? It may be used when Brexit negotiations fail and the government are looking for a fall back position, as to why they need a re-vote...?

Last edited:
Back