• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Well this has made my mind up...

rally-large_trans++FmdtdovgxskirSSG45rbt_bRECLDCmz-qqX99gmUIiY.jpg

You don't see that every day, a woman with 3 qunts.

Brexit would not make £8bn available for the NHS

Michael Gove claimed on Friday that the IFS had said that leaving the EU would free up £8 billion to spend on the NHS. We have not said that. We have looked carefully at the likely public finance implications. We conclude that the net UK contribution to the EU over the next few years is indeed likely to be about £8 billion a year, £8 billion which would become available for other things were we to leave. However we also point out that even a small negative effect of just 0.6% on national income from leaving the EU would damage the public finances by more than that £8 billion. There is virtual unanimity among economic forecasters that the negative economic effect of leaving the EU would be greater than that. That is why we conclude that leaving the EU would not, as Michael Gove claims we said, leave more money to spend on the NHS. Rather it would leave us spending less on public services, or taxing more, or borrowing more.

http://www.ifs.org.uk/about/blog/346

Also, this 'net contribution' figure: how possible is it that there may be some EU Migrants working in very highly-paid professions who contribute disproportionately to the tax contribution compared to most others (who may in fact be net consumers of tax spend if you get what i mean).

Basically, what if there are 100 EU Migrants: 15 working in investment banking (very highly paid), 30 in public sector (middle level to lower paid), 40 in low paid/seasonal work (that means they are entitled to some low-pay in work benefit top-ups after some years) and 15 who are mostly unemployed, but the payand tax returns from the first 15 i mentioned vastly dwarf the pay (and benefits claimed) of the rest?

The data on the net contribution of recent EU migrants can be found on page six of the paper below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...cently-arrived-eea-nationals-for-2013-to-2014

The piece on Fact Check covers economic activity of EU migrants to the UK and also the cost burden on the NHS.

https://fullfact.org/europe/are-there-600000-unemployed-eu-migrants-uk/

In the 1600s
I think late 1700s mate - 1776 and all that ;-)

Comes down to national identity and historic politics related to their liberty - don't underestimate how much weight they hold in the US. Trust me there is little coincidence that the UK is one of the few countries not eligible for the green card lottery.

My mate moved to Australia, qualified on the points system, works and has over 250k in his back pocket to boot, thats the life

Problem solved send the lazy bastards who live off the state/ dole money there are plenty who do that. But that does not suit the agenda that Cameron and his cronies keep making.
I'm lost. Do you mean that Cameron wants to keep lazy people that are on the dole in the UK, rather than let them leave?

I'm surprised by your responses to Milo, he couldn't have been more polite and backed up all his points with facts, seems convincing to me.

This country has a lot of people in London and vast open swathes of countryside elsewhere, plenty of room for more people if they are tax contributors.

This country has a lot of people in London and vast open swathes of countryside elsewhere, plenty of room for more people if they are tax contributors.

My eyes must be deceiving me as it feels that the figures showing England is one of the most densely populated countries in the world are correct. Incredible migration stats in the last 20 years, without democratic consent, with barely any thought beyond wage suppression.
The mad thing is that we still have austerity whilst the numbers are swelling, deteriorating services, where are the improvements to everybody's quality of life?

I am voting to leave the EU. Most of the arguments to remain appear to be how difficult it all be to live alongside an unreformable and sclerotic EU. I understand the schism will lead to some economic volatility as we re-calibrate. But nobody will die.

I'm lost. Do you mean that Cameron wants to keep lazy people that are on the dole in the UK, rather than let them leave?

No i mean the lazy bastards who live here and live on the dole milo was going on going on about needing immigrants to work the fields, if those who have not done a days work in their lives were made to earn their dole then would be no need to employ immigrant labour. See milos words below. Its gonad*s.

( Agriculture in this country would collapse without seasonal immigrant labour and a points based immigration system would not be well placed to deal with this.)

My eyes must be deceiving me as it feels that the figures showing England is one of the most densely populated countries in the world are correct. Incredible migration stats in the last 20 years, without democratic consent, with barely any thought beyond wage suppression.
The mad thing is that we still have austerity whilst the numbers are swelling, deteriorating services, where are the improvements to everybody's quality of life?

England has become the most overcrowded major country in Europe, send them to the countryside isn't a solution.

People moan about British living off the state but thats what it is there for, I doubt I would agree with every applicant that is on it but it also serves deserving cases.

Its a fact that public services are deteriorating and its down to overcrowding, my mother worked for the NHS for 25 years, went from running one doctors to having to run three due to cuts to system, eventually the pressure on a 61 year old woman to run three surgeries (for no extra money) told and she quit end of last year. The numbers on the books in each surgery soared in recent years and Dr surgeries are bursting at the edges.

Blimey..That's my up mind made as well...

Seriously though, Campbell just a maverick..will jump to whatever will suit him..

I'm surprised he isn't on the Remain side actually. You could see him standing on a platform saying he's always been European, why would he want to leave now and confirm he was staying.

Then turn up on a Vote Leave podium on the day of the referendum smiling at the cameras as he drops his "out" vote into the ballot box.

Its a fact that public services are deteriorating and its down to overcrowding
It's a fact that previous governments spent an unsustainably huge amount on public services. An amount that got us into deep, deep debt. That could not be allowed to continue.

We need better systems, not fewer humans. E.g. I'm supposed to take hours off work to go in to see a doctor, much more efficient to do it over Skype.

My Colombian programmer colleague spent years trying to stay in the UK. I recruited and trained him. He did a correspondence course with Barcelona Uni to get a Masters to get more points. We gave him lots of pay rises and he got more points. He ended up running one of my teams of six but in the end he couldn't keep up with the points system and got tired of talking to solicitors and the home office and went back home. So he works from there as a freelancer and built a team in Colombia and they all pay taxes there rather than here.

It's a fact that previous governments spent an unsustainably huge amount on public services. An amount that got us into deep, deep debt. That could not be allowed to continue.

We need better systems, not fewer humans. E.g. I'm supposed to take hours off work to go in to see a doctor, much more efficient to do it over Skype.

My Colombian programmer colleague spent years trying to stay in the UK. I recruited and trained him. He did a correspondence course with Barcelona Uni to get a Masters to get more points. We gave him lots of pay rises and he got more points. He ended up running one of my teams of six but in the end he couldn't keep up with the points system and got tired of talking to solicitors and the home office and went back home. So he works from there as a freelancer and built a team in Colombia and they all pay taxes there rather than here.

I completely agree that technology could aid efficiency

Immigration is a net win for the UK economy, the problem is the lazy fudgers who were born here who contribute nothing, rather than close immigration we should be forcing emigration

England has become the most overcrowded major country in Europe, send them to the countryside isn't a solution.

People moan about British living off the state but thats what it is there for, I doubt I would agree with every applicant that is on it but it also serves deserving cases.

Its a fact that public services are deteriorating and its down to overcrowding, my mother worked for the NHS for 25 years, went from running one doctors to having to run three due to cuts to system, eventually the pressure on a 61 year old woman to run three surgeries (for no extra money) told and she quit end of last year. The numbers on the books in each surgery soared in recent years and Dr surgeries are bursting at the edges.

Get with the program mate, its not down to being overcrowded its because we have a ageing population ( apparently) ;)

I will be voting remain BUT, the flipside to your colleague's immigration problem is the fact that successive governments have made it harder and harder for non-EU migrants to come here due to the fact that they (the government) can do nothing about migration from within the EU. Non-EU migrants get a very unfair deal in comparison to EU migrants, they are used as a political football imo -- so politicians can say "look how tough we are on immigration."

On a different point, apart from the fruit picking type of agricultural work (and that's only because I don't know anybody who has worked this kind of job), I don't know of any jobs that 'lazy' British won't do. I have known British cleaners, factory workers, warehouse workers (I am one myself), shop workers, delivery drivers etc. etc. all the low-paid unskilled menial jobs. I've worked alongside foreign workers, they have been no better or worse generally speaking.

I think a lot of the foreign workers will get exploited by certain employment agencies (see Sports Direct) whereas British workers are less likely to put up with that sort of thing (in my experience). This might be seen as an advantage by some employers.

Get with the program mate, its not down to being overcrowded its because we have a ageing population ( apparently) ;)

I don't think that you are going to convince anyone (or at least should not) with unsubstantiated opinions. Are you able to find any independent sources that can back up your view that the pressure on public services is down to immigration from the EU rather than an aging population and under investment?

Back