• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

The Times is very centrist, The Mail more UKIP than Tory IMO. The Sun flip-flops between any centre ground parties. The Star doesn't really discuss politics - I remember it being anti-Gordon Brown at one point, but then so was everyone.

BBC is definitely left wing, to even attempt to describe it as anything else is just silly.

I'm not sure why you're including local papers - you left out the Chichester Observer and the Liverpool Echo. I don't suppose you did it to make the Tory list look bigger by any chance did you?

Yeah, including some of those local papers was very London-centric, apologies.

But Milo has responded better than me on this, and perhaps what it would have been better for me to show was the national media outlets who tend to support Labour v those who tend to support the Tories/UKIP and who would almost never support Labour. I think the generally pro-right wing media climate that exists would be much much clearer then, though i'm happy to debate that and be corrected...

But Milo has responded better than me on this, and perhaps what it would have been better for me to show was the national media outlets who tend to support Labour v those who tend to support the Tories/UKIP and who would almost never support Labour. I think the generally pro-right wing media climate that exists would be much much clearer then, though i'm happy to debate that and be corrected...

The might be more right wing then left wing media outlets I am not sure as I do not really care for the media like some do. But the is only one media outlet that I have to pay money in to watch even if I do not want that particular service. The BBC is so left wing it is unreal and several of it's employees have even admitted as much, I am to tired to bother finding the links to put them up here.

I resent paying for the BBC to put across it's bias news output and that I have to pay for it even if I do not want to watch BBC channels is a disgrace. It is like me having to pay for the Guardian or the Mail even though I only read the racing post.

*The BBC does excellent countryfile programme but I do not think that justifies the fee I have to pay for a year.

Most proper lefties think the BBC is too right wing and most right wingers feel they are too left. Always a decent indicator that they have found the semblance of balance. And you can never keep every fecker happy.

In regard to my feelings about pig gate. I find the act disgusting. I know a lot of people are indifferent to it but I am not. The fact that it isn't a big deal in posh circles to do stuff like that shows a decadence in decency for me. Obviously these things are relative to personal ideals so I don't expect or want anyone to share my opinion but it is my opinion.

Most proper lefties think the BBC is too right wing and most right wingers feel they are too left. Always a decent indicator that they have found the semblance of balance. And you can never keep every fecker happy.

Nope it is not, just because people on the left are not happy that it does not go far enough does not mean it is center ground. The have been many reporters who have even come out and said it is to the left, not to mention the amount of employees who are members of the Labour party. It is always the left who protest the most about the thought of getting rid of it.

If the BBC is too right wing then really the only sensible thing to do would be to stop forcing people to pay for it would you not agree? :)

In regard to my feelings about pig gate. I find the act disgusting. I know a lot of people are indifferent to it but I am not. The fact that it isn't a big deal in posh circles to do stuff like that shows a decadence in decency for me. Obviously these things are relative to personal ideals so I don't expect or want anyone to share my opinion but it is my opinion.

At least this 'political scandal' didn't involve kids......this time...:eek:

The vast majority seem to support whoever is in control of the middle ground at the time. Pretty much all of them supported Labour under Blair and were fairly approving of the coalition government.

The one that really skews it all is the BBC because we're forced to pay for it by threat of imprisonment. If we were all taxed for the Telegraph and had it delivered to our houses every week by default, I imagine the Left would be kicking up a pretty pile of brick by now.

I'm not sure about all this, surely there is a twist in the tale

well, yeah, its almost certainly not true, branding someone a pig fudger is political smear 101

i'll reiterate though, even if its 100% true and he does it every friday, who gives a brick

well, yeah, its almost certainly not true, branding someone a pig fudgeer is political smear 101

i'll reiterate though, even if its 100% true and he does it every friday, who gives a ****
By all accounts PG parties are nothing like as interesting as they are rumoured to be and Cameron was never even a member.

It's not the sort of thing that working class people do, just those twisted by the public school system.

Good question, he does strike me as a intelligent guy so maybe he is just trying to stir it. ;):eek:
Thanks for the compliment. I also have a (good for a layman) understanding of economics which, coupled with my aforementioned cognitive agility, means they are the only logical conclusions I can possibly come to.

The vast majority seem to support whoever is in control of the middle ground at the time. Pretty much all of them supported Labour under Blair and were fairly approving of the coalition government.

The one that really skews it all is the BBC because we're forced to pay for it by threat of imprisonment. If we were all taxed for the Telegraph and had it delivered to our houses every week by default, I imagine the Left would be kicking up a pretty pile of **** by now.

The BBC has to try its best to be representative of the people who pay the licence fee. If the Telegraph was funded through taxation, I would imagine that it would feel under pressure to do the same and would be far less partizan as a result.

Back