• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Thats one way of looking at it.

I was about to post that they are cleaning up terrorist networks left right and centre.

But we wouldn't bomb France and Holland because we didn't like Le Pen and Wilders. The facists in the coalition have just pushed them completely rogue.

They are not active terrorists (yet), Hezbollah and the houthi's are.

One man's terrorist in another's freedom fighter. Israel are the occupying force in all this. Hezbollah are also a political party who are part of Lebanon's democratic government. No different to Otzma Yehudit and co.

They are viable and not profound. They won’t achieve a change to wealth distribution for example. Or the ethics of modern societies. To me these things are a basic baseline. The minimum. And they won’t make meaningful changes, certainly won’t make a dent in degrowth or scratch the surface of the ills of capitalism that you identify…by proxy.

Why communism didn’t succeed is a complex question, and there isn’t one simple reason but of course many. Not least is a centralised economy. How could government run a whole economy with all of the myriad detail? Buying, manufacturing and selling everything from screws to jeans to farming equipment? You need local (greedy) actors to make an economy work well. Civil servants are not hungry or greedy in an entrepreneurial sense (which is what makes an economy tick with efficiency and innovation). Instead the greed shows itself in corruption and kleptocracy.

All that said there are a lot of things that were much more viable within Marxism and even communism, that we should learn from. Within communist societies people did very much believe the n the points you raise below, for example. And there was a greater collective ethic. The rest of the system - economy and elitism of the party - didn’t support the ethics ultimately but they were there. Along with education and many other strong social endeavours.

Couldn’t agree more. As someone once said: if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
Good discussion mate, we agree on some things, not on others, and it's been fun to get alternate opinions. Nice one.

One man's terrorist in another's freedom fighter. Israel are the occupying force in all this. Hezbollah are also a political party who are part of Lebanon's democratic government. No different to Otzma Yehudit and co.

My opinion on this is based on who I think are terrorists, and in the last couple of weeks, they have been getting slammed, I'm all for it.

Back