• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

That bottom bullet point
They are not really living in the real world are they

View attachment 15715
With my tin foil hat on....I'm beginning to think this squeeze is another wealth transfer ploy around residential property.
The banks effectively own your house, it's their asset. If you can't pay, they'll take possession. Everyone still needs somewhere to live...so what used to be Dukes and Lords read Financial institutions, Private Equity and Hedge funds becoming mass residential landlords.

They're even flushing (pushing) out the 'amatuer landlords' with the recent tax and tenants rights changes.

As for 'matching any kind of distress' from the 2008 financial crisis....most of that was eliminated by artificially low interest rates that provided everything with life support...the exact opposite to now.

It’s fudging grim
Worst thing is I’m having to educate some smart people one what’s going on
I even said to my wife late last week when this first came out… I wonder what this government will hide in the news
The press barons have the real power in the UK. It is fudging grim.

Murdoch's son and heir is a chip off the old block too, unfortunately, so even when the old clam dies not much will change.

which works when the workforce is allowed to remove/restrict their work through collective action to ensure they get a deal that suits them. If you restrict that... well... that's also not free market then is it? the govt is interfering in the markets as you say... works both ways.
There's more than one job out there.

Any employer not paying enough would soon run out of employees.

but you accept that the govt put labour restrictions in place by removing the ability for collective bargaining in most industries right? that's not free market.
Actually, it was the government that put the restriction on employers in the first place. In any sensible world, doing the kind of brick union members do would be reason to sack them - the government restricted that right for employers.

Rolling some of that back is a good thing, but doesn't nearly go far enough.

Forgotten the password to his phone, I think.

Android accepts 16 char passwords, I think. Randomise that and nobody is cracking it within his lifetime.

I hope he is using iOS then because otherwise he has no excuse.
Pretty sure on Droid you can still enter a password incorrectly 5-6 times and then it will take you down the avenue for a forgotten password - so he now needs to adjust his excuse to either he has no Gmail account on the phone or he has forgotten that password too (but again, can be recovered)

Should just ask his mate Lebedev to get his bosses to unlock the phone for him.

If the combined might of MI5 and MI6 can’t unlock a phone then I don’t hold out much hope that they are effectively protecting us from national security threats.

Different topic, but this is worth a read if you are in your work-pension's default fund. Must admit I was surprised so many pension fund managers are signed up to this scheme already.
https://www.ft.com/content/b13e149f-459f-410a-a4a9-9fb9422ea993
Here we go......
The government need to keep their hands ,opinions and strategies off the publics private pensions. Because they're skint themselves (the gov), and have literally no idea how to restructure, reinvigorate, lay new pathways and foundations for the UK economy...they'll re-direct, repurpose others wealth and savings to jolly that along. Promising stellar rates and only a 2% charge (wtf), and if you do really well we'll take even more.

They know most people won't even know about this, hear about this or do anything about it. Stealth like plundering.

Back