• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I suspect that's more to do with a low bar elsewhere than the high bar of there standards tbh.
If it wasn't a public funded corporation it would have more freedom to do its/the proper thing.
Of course the problem is it would just be funded/controlled by the murdochs and mawells of the world, which is infinitely worse.

Which is exactly why it shouldn’t be disbanded and defunded.

Not heard of that, will need to Google it.
I make a beef Wellington with a Haggis layer instead of the mushroom duxelle, lovely.

More Haggis Bon Bons but exactly the same as Arranchi Balls

When I was up in Dalmally for work took myself out to Oban, thats some spot to enjoy a meal or two, loved it there

Lineker is well aware of the bbcs policy on what thier representives are expected to say and not to say, to act surprised i find odd.
Those that work in news and politics are held to a higher standard than those that work in sports etc. There is a Twitter thread that explains it

Fiona Bruce now bowing to pressure for legally contextualising a comment on a show and is having to step down from a charity. You can't win with this mob

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Fiona Bruce now bowing to pressure for legally contextualising a comment on a show and is having to step down from a charity. You can't win with this mob

Not up to date with everything as I’m away but is that where she “contextualised” Stanley Johnson hitting his wife in that he “only did it once”? In which case, f@ck her. She deserves whatever approbation she gets.

Not up to date with everything as I’m away but is that where she “contextualised” Stanley Johnson hitting his wife in that he “only did it once”? In which case, f@ck her. She deserves whatever approbation she gets.
Comments she was urged to make as part of the impartiality and legalities of the subject. Not sure its logical to think Bruce comments are airbrushing or supporting domestic violence as a fellow woman. She has clearly stated it wasn't and was an effort to maintain the standards of what she is instructed to at the Beeb. Which Just adds to the mockery of what those guidelines cause

No she relayed the facts as known to her, the only once comment was her quoting his friends and contextualising a comment that was made on the show. It wasn't her personal opinion.

Another twitter storm and people miss quoting and raising a storm over nothing...

Thus is the modern world

Are all the other presenters now boycotting next weekend's Antiques Roadshow in response? fudge, that would be a catastrophe.

I genuinely think it was a mistake as she was trying to be "impartial" and unfortunately ended up appearing to condone domestic violence. She has apologised and accepted the mistake.

Not the same imho as people who say something stupid and inflammatory then double down on it.

We going out? You buying the first found!

Not me the other night most definitely, to be baited in to the discussion with yourself alongside the one who shouldn't even be allowed access to the internet, I'd clearly had enough already! 6 beers 1 bottle of jim beam and half a bottle of port but who's counting?

If I went out with either of you I'd probably end up fighting both of you but thanks for the offer.

At least the gammons have been roasted by means of the BBC's backtracking.

You're malicious representation of Linekar's tweet and the gaslighting approach of making it out like you were joking whilst just essentially posting inaccurate views were what I considered "despicable" btw.

Last edited:
Back