• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

If it is Johnson, he'll have been sacked again by Christmas.

FIFY.

Apparently the Parliamentary Standards Committee has plenty of damning evidence yet to be made available in the public domain.

On the plus side, they are ensuring that the Conservative Party is going to be politically irrelevant for at least a decade once a GE is called - and that will have to happen within the next six months, quite possibly due to serious levels of public unrest.

Germany have us nailed - banana republic. The cover of yesterday’s Der Spiegel.

1C292C0B-587B-4B4B-87D7-C2E507C9AD13.png

I honestly think some of you are in an echo chamber, because as Bedfordspurs says Johnson is still popular.

I work at B&Q and two of the mums in their 40s said they voted for him and this week said they would vote for him again. The guy who fits the vending machine the same.

Two blokes in the pub this week both said we need Boris back and Jill who is organising the Brighton parkinsons support group Christmas party this year,said to me yesterday when I said the country is a joke "we need Boris back"

The guy is oddly popular.

I honestly think some of you are in an echo chamber, because as Bedfordspurs says Johnson is still popular.

I work at B&Q and two of the mums in their 40s said they voted for him and this week said they would vote for him again. The guy who fits the vending machine the same.

Two blokes in the pub this week both said we need Boris back and Jill who is organising the Brighton parkinsons support group Christmas party this year,said to me yesterday when I said the country is a joke "we need Boris back"

It’s scary
You have people who want to, and will find the facts and the truth and make their own mind up
Then a majority who want it fudge fed to them via the media in its many forms. That’s how elections have been won now
If the press don’t share the complete view how can people find it with no effort

Sunak is the best normal choice.
However.......how involved in party gate was he? If there is a sniff that he's as involved as BoJo then it could be very tricky.

I definitely don't understand it, but do recognise it.

Oh, I'll reply to your big message soon. Get sunburn in Greece at the mo

It’s scary
You have people who want to, and will find the facts and the truth and make their own mind up
Then a majority who want it fudge fed to them via the media in its many forms. That’s how elections have been won now
If the press don’t share the complete view how can people find it with no effort

I’m not sure that’s true at election level.

I saw a graph of general opinion polling on Twitter this week (which I will try and find), he has a negative reputation everywhere.

Of course there are still people who support him, but every poll strongly suggests he will be well beaten if he leads the Conservatives into an election. The party was already running 12 -20% behind in polls before he left.

There are, I believe, millions who are very strongly opposed to him and they will be sure to make their voices heard at the upcoming election. He won’t be able to command the support of his MPs either, and the Parliamentary Committee are coming for him.

He and his party are fudged. The fact that they are even considering him is a clear marker of their desperation.

I saw a graph of general opinion polling on Twitter this week (which I will try and find), he has a negative reputation everywhere.
He has a negative reputation but it didn’t stop him before
He can’t turn around their election popularity but he can always spin it to Braine someone else

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure he’ll stand. I think he might say Sunak has the support of most MPs and he’ll stand aside “for the good of the country.” He’ll then try to wriggle out of anything the Standards Committee might find and will attempt to re-launch himself as the Conservative’s saviour after a term of Labour government.

(I’ll probably be proved completely wrong by this evening, mind you. :D)

His approval ratings at the last election were worse than May's at the one before. He was just up against a very unpopular opponent (Corbyn's popularity nose dived between 17 and 19)

I’d love to see the Venn diagram of those who are backing Johnson now and those who put a letter in on him in the summer.

Back