• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It has everything to do with Brexit for the Remainders because they want as much time as they can to pass as many laws as they can closing off all routes to Brexit.

Even if Proroguing was about Brexit, the answer is still political, not legal.

If that’s the case, it’s the same for the brexiteers.

In which case the ruling was correct and Boris misled the queen.

I’ll read it all in future ha!

Forgive me for not reading through pages and pages

Actually on the subject of the pound/dollar rate, in theory we ought to get some of the losses back now that the US have (I think? I'm not following in detail) started reversing course on interest rates? Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The pound has reverted to something approximating it's historic level of the past decade. Take another look at the charts if you're struggling with that.

The person in this conversation trying to explain the movements of the pound is you, not me. All I've done is point out the facts and call out your attempts at misleading people.

The question was WHY had it reverted. That's where we started. You maintained it wasn't Brexit but a natural levelling off. When clearly it was Brexit that has brought about the drop. Never mind it is quite boring.

Actually on the subject of the pound/dollar rate, in theory we ought to get some of the losses back now that the US have (I think? I'm not following in detail) started reversing course on interest rates? Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I can’t see it changing much till Brexit is sorted one way or another.

Gone are the days I worked in the states for a year - and it was £1 - $2 - Christ that was a good time!

What is a win for Boris? Suppose he gets a majority in the "popularist election". The popularist thing suits the Sun, so he'd probably scrape enough votes to cross the line. Then what!?

A Canada style deal that still leaves the UK worse off and doesn't address the N Ireland issue? The only thing Boris could do is to somehow sweve Brexit. Because he will face the same issues May has. No deal = economic stupidity, which would harm the UK. Other various forms of Brexit are either suboptimal (worse than now like Norway where we suck it up and have no say), or we have the issue of the Irish border and worse trading terms with our neighbours.

Folks the sooner this ^ realisation of there being no brexit win hits home, the sooner we move on. If there is a 'brexit win' please do outline it. Is it a Singapour tax haven you're thinking of, or a communist state owned Uk reality that promises fuit and honey? Each is as deluded as the other imo.

What is a win for Boris? Suppose he gets a majority in the "popularist election". The popularist thing suits the Sun, so he'd probably scrape enough votes to cross the line. Then what!?

A Canada style deal that still leaves the UK worse off and doesn't address the N Ireland issue? The only thing Boris could do is to somehow sweve Brexit. Because he will face the same issues May has. No deal = economic stupidity, which would harm the UK. Other various forms of Brexit are either suboptimal (worse than now like Norway where we suck it up and have no say), or we have the issue of the Irish border and worse trading terms with our neighbours.

Folks the sooner this ^ realisation of there being no brexit win hits home, the sooner we move on. If there is a 'brexit win' please do outline it. Is it a Singapour tax haven you're thinking of, or a communist state owned Uk reality that promises fuit and honey? Each is as deluded as the other imo.

The only way I see out of this in the current set up is annexing NI and having a separate arrangement, which is why they are gambling on a GE and a change in numbers.

That's a different subject!

The current labour party setup is not to my liking! But is has little to do with Brexit!
Labour as a party and how they will do election wise is not what we are talking about here!

All parties are trying to make sure that we all have a choice except for Boris’s rude boys who wants no deal!
Not on!

You will get a vote of that I’m convinced and you and everybody will have choices, as it should have been organised three years ago!

The point is Conservatives are on their 3rd leader in 3 years...and he can't take advantage and Labour are further away from power than 3 years ago.

What kind of leader does that make him?

He is an utter goon...People slag Blair but he was a leader, he broke the Conservative monopoly on number 10 and the conservatives were 100 times stronger than the party you see today.

He couldn't run a tap let alone his own party "comrades" and GHod forbid he got a grip on the country.

The Anti Semite scumbag

The question was WHY had it reverted. That's where we started. You maintained it wasn't Brexit but a natural levelling off. When clearly it was Brexit that has bought about the drop. Never mind it is quite boring.

At the risk of repeating myself...care to prove this with quotes?

No. You don't. Because you can't. Because what you've asserted here is quite simply untrue.

I've honestly no idea at this point whether you're genuinely confused, or on a deliberate wind-up. Either way I'll be wasting no further time conversing with you.

At the risk of repeating myself...care to prove this with quotes?

No. You don't. Because you can't. Because what you've asserted here is quite simply untrue.

I've honestly no idea at this point whether you're genuinely confused, or on a deliberate wind-up. Either way I'll be wasting no further time conversing with you.

I wrote - increased cost of going abroad (due to Brexit)

You after bolding the above: "I'm not entirely convinced about this either."

--

So can we end this nonsense as you now seem to agree that the pounds drop against the Euro post vote was due to Brexit.
You also failed to answer the previous questions re. Brexit positives. Never mind.

It might wind you up that you couldn't give an answer as to why the pound dropped post vote (odd as it was obviously Brexit), and you weren't able to point to any positive from Brexit. That might wind you up I guess. There are a few positive things like increased tourism to the UK due to the cheaper pound, cheaper housing, cheaper exports from the UK....? Not much else besides i can think of.

Last edited:
I wrote - increased cost of going abroad (due to Brexit)

You after bolding the above: "I'm not entirely convinced about this either."

--

So can we end this nonsense as you now seem to agree that the pounds drop against the Euro post vote was due to Brexit.
You also failed to answer the previous questions re. Brexit positives. Never mind.

It might wind you up that you couldn't give an answer as to why the pound dropped post vote (odd as it was obviously Brexit), and you weren't able to point to any positive from Brexit. That might wind you up I guess. There are a few positive things like increased tourism to the UK due to the cheaper pound, cheaper housing, cheaper to exports from the UK....? Not much else besides i can think of.

I wonder why you chose to only copy in that one sentence of mine? Could it be because the remainder of what I said made perfectly clear that what I was disputing was the pound/euro long-term level, and not whether or not brexit was responsible for the drop?

No....you wouldn't do that, would you? Attempt to mislead by presenting cherry-picked, context-free evidence...?

Why am I getting a sense of deja-vu here?

Goodnight.

I wonder why you chose to only copy in that one sentence of mine? Could it be because the remainder of what I said made perfectly clear that what I was disputing was the pound/euro long-term level, and not whether or not brexit was responsible for the drop?

No....you wouldn't do that, would you? Attempt to mislead by presenting cherry-picked, context-free evidence...?

Why am I getting a sense of deja-vu here?

Goodnight.

Stop crying. I posted it in full only above. It's not important anyway. Sweet dreams.

Back