• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Player of the Season So Far

NaijaSpurs

Les Ferdinand
I simply cannot make up my mind at the moment although it has to be one from Dembele, Dier or Toby. If I was pushed I would say Dembele but it is close, what do you guys think?

I simply cannot make up my mind at the moment although it has to be one from Dembele, Dier or Toby. If I was pushed I would say Dembele but it is close, what do you guys think?

Dembele has played great since he came into the side but I don't see how he could be a serious contender to the other two when he has played less games.

Dembele has played great since he came into the side but I don't see how he could be a serious contender to the other two when he has played less games.

A very valid view, however I think in the 10 games he has played in he has excelled.

Eric Dier for me hands down.

There is no denying he has been impressive, personally as long as it is of the 3 mentioned in my first post then I have no problem at all. Lets face it generally most of our players have done well this season

Toby Alderweireld for me. He and Dier have been monstrous. But yes Dembele very important too.

Lloris Alderweireld Dier Dembele and Kane is a solid dependable spine

A very valid view, however I think in the 10 games he has played in he has excelled.

I agree but I think that Alderweireld and Dier have also excelled during those games and before. I think that Toby would just shave it for me but there is little in it between him and Dier. I would have Dembele in the chasing pack along with Alli, Lamela and Kane.

Lovely conundrum. Toby really has been tidy and taken the ego off Verts...

Dier, Alli, Dembele, a lot of options!

I agree but I think that Alderweireld and Dier have also excelled during those games and before. I think that Toby would just shave it for me but there is little in it between him and Dier. I would have Dembele in the chasing pack along with Alli, Lamela and Kane.

Lamela and Dembele in the same pack? Hell no, I think there has been a chasm in the consistency between those two players

Toby has overtaken Dier for me now

3/4 game ago I thought Dier had been the player of the season so far across the league but that's clearly Vardy now

We have so many players now at a higher level than we have seen before as a team

Last edited:
Can I just say 'all of them'? :D

In all seriousness, Toby. I was delighted when he arrived, and I'm even happier that he's exceeded my already high expectations of him. The best complement I can give him is that he makes Jan look like the composed, classy, ice-cold CB we all thought we were buying from Ajax - and players who can do that (make their team-mates look better than they are) are a rare breed indeed.

78043762_o.jpg

1. Dembele
2. Alderweireld
3. Dier
4. Kane
5. Alli
6. Walker
7. Vertonghen
8. Lamela
9. Eriksen
10. Lloris

Roughly the top ten in my opinion, taking in to account consistency across games played. Each of the top ten have been excellent this season.

Lloris has been quieter than usual but has still made some excellent saves when called upon. His save in the match against Crystal Palace is particularly memorable.

Eriksen has been solid but without the same goal return as in previous seasons. I think he'll have a patch of form soon. I think he was good against West Ham, but he's been quieter than usual.

Lamela is rated lower than I'd expected. He has, in parts, been excellent this season however, a combination of the form of those above him, added to his own consistency have seen him slightly lower.

Overall a good season for us, would be an excellent season if only we can stop drawing so many games. I'd prefer to win a game & then lose the next one, than draw twice - more points. But, it is a promising sign to remain unbeaten, in the league, from the opening day.

Can I just say 'all of them'? :D

In all seriousness, Toby. I was delighted when he arrived, and I'm even happier that he's exceeded my already high expectations of him. The best complement I can give him is that he makes Jan look like the composed, classy, ice-cold CB we all thought we were buying from Ajax - and players who can do that (make their team-mates look better than they are) are a rare breed indeed.

78043762_o.jpg

I'm so close between Dembele & Alderweireld for my 1st/2nd placing. Alderweireld has been excellent. He has been a rock in defence, impressed with his distribution, and encouraged Vertonghen to play at a higher level. An excellent start with us.,

This .. great season's for Dier, Dembele, Lloris (normal for him), Kane and mention to Alli .. but

Toby looks like the buy of the decade .. look at today, 3 out of back 4 got yellow cards, another part of his game that is missed, great defender yet very rarely booked, and scores ..

Eric Dier by a mile for me.. Everyone has improved but Poch/Levy anybody who would listen was getting abused for the lack of a DM.
Up steps a 4mil 21yr old who was pushed to RB last season, has scored important goals, and has largely contributed us being 2nd best defence in the league.

Toby has been excellent but if our midfield was open then we wouldnt be as good.

And im coming from the position where i was happy with Mason and Bentaleb and didnt agree we needed a DM

Eric Dier by a mile for me.. Everyone has improved but Poch/Levy anybody who would listen was getting abused for the lack of a DM.
Up steps a 4mil 21yr old who was pushed to RB last season, has scored important goals, and has largely contributed us being 2nd best defence in the league.

Toby has been excellent but if our midfield was open then we wouldnt be as good.

And im coming from the position where i was happy with Mason and Bentaleb and didnt agree we needed a DM

Dier has been good but there are still weaknesses to his game, which is totally understandable given his transition to the new role. I'm unconvinced by his passing and think sometimes his positional is a bit out. But, he has been very good for us this season, no doubt.

Back