• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

It’s a massive call. Fulham will be 9th or 10th at best, and could be sucked into a relegation battle. Moving there could more or less end his career at the top of the game.

Of course, that’s a dramatic way of thinking but when you have literally 3 or so hours to make a decision of that size and with that much potential impact you’d have to be crazy or desperate to accept.
I meant it as a no brainer for him
It’s not even a call
He thinks he is good enough for an elite side so Fulham isn’t a “call”

Hojberg looked so indifferent when he came on against Burnley. Didn't really get stuck in . Thought Skipp and Hojberg would improve us and close out the game but we still looked shaky.

Hojberg looked so indifferent when he came on against Burnley. Didn't really get stuck in . Thought Skipp and Hojberg would improve us and close out the game but we still looked shaky.
Go back and watch their second goal, just watch Hojberg and what he does, same a bit later on when they got a corner, the ball bounced infront of him and he was just staring. I have never rated the guy higher than bang average and i really hope a youngster can come through and take his place.

Go back and watch their second goal, just watch Hojberg and what he does, same a bit later on when they got a corner, the ball bounced infront of him and he was just staring. I have never rated the guy higher than bang average and i really hope a youngster can come through and take his place.
We're listening to offers...so big Ange knows

Yes, I noticed that. OK, there was no danger of us losing the game so the temptation to be lazy is there but he'd barely been on the pitch ten minutes and you might think he would have been keen to impress.

As for the phantom penalty, his addiction to the dark arts seems to have got to the point that he would rather go for a 10% chance of winning a penalty than a 50% chance of scoring a goal.

He looks like he's reached a stage in his career when it has dawned on him that younger and (in his view) inferior players are being preferred to him - sounds like my mediocre career as a middle manager. I think he could still do a job in a team in firefighting mode but most people, including PEH himself, realise he is not going to be part of the THFC reset.

I wonder if Nile John might come through over the season to become our 5th CM? He's apparently doing well for the U21s in one of those roles, now he's over the injuries that disrupted him for a while

Really hope she sticks around for at least the season.

It's a pity we're out of one cup as he'd have got more starts and maybe be more settled. He shouldn't be starting but he's done well everytime he's come on and I thought he was good on Monday, differnt to Bissouma obviosuly but played well. Will be hard to bring in a replacement squad player who can offer more especially during January.

Just thought he deserved a bit of recognition for what he's contriubuted so far this season.

It's a pity we're out of one cup as he'd have got more starts and maybe be more settled. He shouldn't be starting but he's done well everytime he's come on and I thought he was good on Monday, differnt to Bissouma obviosuly but played well. Will be hard to bring in a replacement squad player who can offer more especially during January.

Just thought he deserved a bit of recognition for what he's contriubuted so far this season.

Does look rather likely that he'll leave in January or in the summer.

Been really rather important when called upon to see out games. And now most recently to replace Bissouma against Fulham.

His versatility is really useful. Can cover both for Bissouma and Sarr/Bentancur. He has experience and can be trusted in various game states.

I'm still split on what I want to see going forward. Part of me would like to see us bring in a more natural understudy for Bissouma. Someone with quicker legs defensively, more press resistant and a better ball progressor in tight spaces through passing or dribbling.

At the same time that player would probably have to be a younger player with potential to be happy to come here without becoming first choice and be affordable. Particularly in January I struggle to see us signing an immediate upgrade on Hojbjerg without significant uncertainty about how quickly that player will adapt and settle in.

For the medium term getting that replacement in earlier if Hojbjerg is leaving at some point in the next 12 months is probably better. Give a replacement the chance to settle in. But for this season Hojbjerg is a safe, trusted and reliable ready made option that could be really important.

If we're still flying high come January I think I would lean quite strongly towards keeping him for that short term reason. Unless a ridiculous offer came in.

If we can fit it in the squad and afford it perhaps sign that replacement 6 months early and let them compete this season. But that then possibly leaves us bloated and players unhappy.

Not just the part he's played on the pitch but his professionalism off of it.

He has gone from being a constant starter for past 3 years or so to being a bit part player, and had the disappointment of what would be a fantastic move to Atletico not end up going through. Yet he hasn't moaned about any of it, just got on with it and showed a willingness to be part of the family (as Maddison put it in his post match interview the other day).

He will never be appreciated by many, he's less easy on the eye and more functional but is definitely a very good player and more than good enough to play his part here. More than happy for him to stick around....

Not just the part he's played on the pitch but his professionalism off of it.

He has gone from being a constant starter for past 3 years or so to being a bit part player, and had the disappointment of what would be a fantastic move to Atletico not end up going through. Yet he hasn't moaned about any of it, just got on with it and showed a willingness to be part of the family (as Maddison put it in his post match interview the other day).

He will never be appreciated by many, he's less easy on the eye and more functional but is definitely a very good player and more than good enough to play his part here. More than happy for him to stick around....

Yeah, he come out an spoke about it, just said he's working hard and getting on with the job. Funny thing is he's actually better higher up the pitch, can switch the play nicely and plays good veritcal passes.

Will probably be him that will come in and replace Bissouma in the starting lineup. Big couple of months needed, and a chance for him to settle into that role if he's the preferred option for Ange.

He hasn't seemed like a great fit from the start in that role so far. Do you guys think there's any chance of him stepping up in the coming weeks or will it be a case of managing to get by until after the AFCON, or until we can bring someone else in during January?

On the pod the lads brought up GLC as an option there. On the ball he makes a ton of sense for that role, but I'm not sure he has the defensive ability to play that anchor role. And he'll be needed further forward for some of the games at least I would have thought. Skipp the other obvious option, but for the 6 role Ange has seemed to prefer Hojbjerg so far.

Will probably be him that will come in and replace Bissouma in the starting lineup. Big couple of months needed, and a chance for him to settle into that role if he's the preferred option for Ange.

He hasn't seemed like a great fit from the start in that role so far. Do you guys think there's any chance of him stepping up in the coming weeks or will it be a case of managing to get by until after the AFCON, or until we can bring someone else in during January?

On the pod the lads brought up GLC as an option there. On the ball he makes a ton of sense for that role, but I'm not sure he has the defensive ability to play that anchor role. And he'll be needed further forward for some of the games at least I would have thought. Skipp the other obvious option, but for the 6 role Ange has seemed to prefer Hojbjerg so far.

Højbjerg starting has killed the tempo and attacking intent of the team. He just keeps recycling the ball sideways and backwards, but doesn't progress us forwards at all.

Højbjerg starting has killed the tempo and attacking intent of the team. He just keeps recycling the ball sideways and backwards, but doesn't progress us forwards at all.
He doesn’t when he starts
But he does when he comes on
It’s a weird dynamic
He is also a better quick passer than Bissouma but a crap tempo one
But what the alternative

Certainly as long as the opponents keep good pressure on him that often happens. Don't really see who the good alternative is.

Think we need GLC back and for him to drop back more often and help out in buildup.

Or for us to change our buildup structure a bit on other ways. Hojbjerg to drop even deeper and the centre backs to take on even not responsibility on the ball.

He might be okay in the role with Sarr and Kulu.

When he’s been poor the other midfielders he’s had with him have been the likes of Skipp iirc.

He might be okay in the role with Sarr and Kulu.

When he’s been poor the other midfielders he’s had with him have been the likes of Skipp iirc.
He has had starts have with Bissouma I believe and they were both on top of each other playing sideways.

Sarr makes a huge difference as he stretches teams with his running

That should, in theory, work for Pierre

Wouldn't surprise me to see Skipp. Think there has quietly been an upturn in effectiveness - don't know if his poor form was down to injury or expectation.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Skipp. Think there has quietly been an upturn in effectiveness - don't know if his poor form was down to injury or expectation.
Yeah happy with either in the CDM role as long as we have two of Sarr, Kulu or Gio along with him.

As others have said I am more concerned about missing Udogie.

I think Everton will park the bus massively, just hope we have the cutting edge to open them up.

Back