• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

its clear when he plays deep its a waste of time....he is much more effective further up the field supporting the attacks. TS chose Dembele to do this against Everton, so it was useless playing Paulinho further back. Capoue would have been a better option

My take on what he wanted was Bentaleb sitting, Dembele playing a supporting role to the strikers and Paulinho the 'box to box type'

Agreed.

The least you expect from a player is determination and he has none of that. How can a player get away with bottling 50/50 challenges so often? deary me if this was an English player playing exactly like Paulinho does..he would get slaughtered. Hell Jermaine Jenas didn't pull out of as many challenges as Paulinho does, no ****ing bottle at all. I honestly can't think of another CM that gets away with simply running about a bit during games...he's left on just because he has the ability to pick good attacking positions at times (i give him that). Actually, Paulinho is one of the reasons i totally gave up on AVB.

I've been very frustrated with his apparent lack of commitment too; he seems to have got worse the longer he's been here, if anything. I think there may be (at least) two ways of looking at that — either he's decided the English game isn't really for him, and he just wants to get through his time here without picking up a bad injury before he gets an opportunity to bail back into a slower league, or he realises his current limitations, is biding his time while he gets used to the pace of the game here and thinks he'll be of more use to the club without a leg-break to recover from in the meantime. I'd say it's about 50-50 at the moment. Either that, or I'm being overgenerous and he's just a рuѕѕy.

I agree with you guys who think he's going into tackles halfheartedly . The world cup is his priority so perhaps we wont see the best of Pauly till its out of the way.

something to take into consideration is that Paulinho has been playing non stop football for over a year..... also moving to a new country, league,language, i wonder if his family is over with him and whether he or they are settled into a home of their own. So much stuff can affect a players mentality, commitment, fitness.

something to take into consideration is that Paulinho has been playing non stop football for over a year..... also moving to a new country, league,language, i wonder if his family is over with him and whether he or they are settled into a home of their own. So much stuff can affect a players mentality, commitment, fitness.

Yep , there's all that too ... I do think he'll be a much better player for us next season .

there is a noticeable and significant difference between what we are seeing now from this clown than what he showed us when he first came...and i am not talking about actual ability...'m talking effort, determination and resolve

This man has none. yet when he first came he seemed to be a bundle of energy...able to press hard and fast..get back into defensive positions quickly and get up front for support....well at least move into the final third with vigour and determination..he looked like one of those guys that was everywhere at once

He appears to be happy just jogging through the 90 minutes and pulling out of challenges than anything else

incredibly enough i though his passing was pretty decent, but looking at him closer now , i see this is crap and it could well have been dwn to AVB's system that made him look like he could pass as in a possession based system players tend to come short to the supplier / passer in order to receive the ball

so if he isnt a good passer
isnt a good worker
pulls out of challenges (he is apparently defensive minded box to box player?)
coasts through the games
doesnt occupu good positioning in front of his back line either tactically or with emergency

then looking for glory aside by getting himself into the box leaving another CM that isnt the best positionally exposed (dembele)

then pray tell me

WHAT THE **** IS THIS GUY GOOD FOR!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

its been a while since i was over joyed and swore "great **** OFF off the pitch" when someone got substituted.....not since zokora (but even he put in the work rate / effort)....but i was certainly happy when Capoue came on for paulinho

the madrid offer cant come soon enough for me

THe likelihood is he started off well and faded is that he's burnt out after non stop football for a year? Not to mention he's just come back from injury, new country and surroundings etc Anyone is an idiot for not giving new signings a season to bed in, there are so many variable factors noone here can appreciate, myself included....

I've been very frustrated with his apparent lack of commitment too; he seems to have got worse the longer he's been here, if anything. I think there may be (at least) two ways of looking at that — either he's decided the English game isn't really for him, and he just wants to get through his time here without picking up a bad injury before he gets an opportunity to bail back into a slower league, or he realises his current limitations, is biding his time while he gets used to the pace of the game here and thinks he'll be of more use to the club without a leg-break to recover from in the meantime. I'd say it's about 50-50 at the moment. Either that, or I'm being overgenerous and he's just a рuѕѕy.

He doesn't want to miss the World Cup is my read on it

I agree with you guys who think he's going into tackles halfheartedly . The world cup is his priority so perhaps we wont see the best of Pauly till its out of the way.

Just saw this. Yep I think he's terrified to miss out on what will be a once in a lifetime experience (in Brazil) for him.

Really funny reading people throwing the towel in with this player after just over half a season.
Sad really.
I get frustrated with his lack of bottle in the challenge, but Eriksen's the same…both need to toughen up for sure. I have seen enough of Paulinho to feel very very comfortable that he will be an excellent player for us if we can keep him.
Such a shame that dirty **** Adam did him as he was absolutely starting to hit some rich form...

Just saw this. Yep I think he's terrified to miss out on what will be a once in a lifetime experience (in Brazil) for him.

In fairness, he is just coming back from injury aswell, perhaps he is just trying to protect himself as he returns to full fitness. I think he can be an important player.

so if he isnt a good passer
isnt a good worker
pulls out of challenges (he is apparently defensive minded box to box player?)
coasts through the games
doesnt occupu good positioning in front of his back line either tactically or with emergency

then looking for glory aside by getting himself into the box leaving another CM that isnt the best positionally exposed (dembele)

....but i was certainly happy when Capoue came on for paulinho

Er... is that a joke or an attempt at irony?

Capoue has worse passing than Paulinho
Less work rate
Gets pulled out of position when he is supposed to be defensive minded
Jogs back into position

Neither have been great recently but to criticise Paulinho for things that Capoue does too... and say Capoue is a lot better... makes no sense.

I think Paulinho is a good player and could be as effective as Lampard; he was great against Stoke until Charlie Adam did what he always does to the best player on the pitch.

That's not always the way, look at his goal v Hull; a great first touch, from a difficult all from Rose, followed by an excellent finish.

True, but I've seen more examples of a heavy first touch. I guess it's one of those things, we expect to see pro footballers controlling the ball so when they do no one notices it, unless it's a sublime piece of control. Yet the moment they screw up a simple thing like that it's noticed. Bentaleb shows most of our team up with the way he brings the ball down.

He doesn't want to miss the World Cup is my read on it

Yes, that too, in which case putting club=club+country in option 2 probably makes it 40-60 at least, and I'd be inclined to wait till next season before returning a verdict on him—assuming he's still here, of course.

How frustrating will it be if Paulinho plays like a genius at the World Cup displaying performances that many of us know that he is capable of but has yet to consistently display.

How frustrating will it be if Paulinho plays like a genius at the World Cup displaying performances that many of us know that he is capable of but has yet to consistently display.

I think I'll be happy if he does. Atleast it shows that there's much more to come from him!

Back