• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

Lets be honest KD, we could say this about all of our summer signings. All 7 have been poor, if it was one or two (or maybe even 3) you could put it down to taking time to settle in.All of them? I think this is down to naive, ineffective tactics and poor leadership from both our managers this season. We need a manager with some vision

Vlad and Eriksen have been good in patches, but are definately the best of the group. I do feel we need to stick by these players but Paulinho today really was poor at times.

its clear when he plays deep its a waste of time....he is much more effective further up the field supporting the attacks. TS chose Dembele to do this against Everton, so it was useless playing Paulinho further back. Capoue would have been a better option

Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho.....70 mill
images

I want the Paulinho that played against Stoke back that guy was our signing of the season.

All seven, including Paulinho - it's their first season in the league, their first playing together and with the current squad. Paulie needs to develop his role and presence in this squad, in this club; though I do confess with so many buys in midfield, what is his role ? AvB and Baldini have created this 'beautiful' mess, we have some very strong players with technique.

Now we are 5th only 3 points off liverpool. Give our lads a break, and support. Change of managers, and tactics, so early on has required another level of adaptation !

Really don't think Paulinho has been as bad as some are making out on here....

Agreed. If I recall correctly he has pretty much been played all over the midfield (perhaps except for the left side) and has had his suspension and then injury.

there is a noticeable and significant difference between what we are seeing now from this clown than what he showed us when he first came...and i am not talking about actual ability...'m talking effort, determination and resolve

This man has none. yet when he first came he seemed to be a bundle of energy...able to press hard and fast..get back into defensive positions quickly and get up front for support....well at least move into the final third with vigour and determination..he looked like one of those guys that was everywhere at once

He appears to be happy just jogging through the 90 minutes and pulling out of challenges than anything else

incredibly enough i though his passing was pretty decent, but looking at him closer now , i see this is crap and it could well have been dwn to AVB's system that made him look like he could pass as in a possession based system players tend to come short to the supplier / passer in order to receive the ball

so if he isnt a good passer
isnt a good worker
pulls out of challenges (he is apparently defensive minded box to box player?)
coasts through the games
doesnt occupu good positioning in front of his back line either tactically or with emergency

then looking for glory aside by getting himself into the box leaving another CM that isnt the best positionally exposed (dembele)

then pray tell me

WHAT THE **** IS THIS GUY GOOD FOR!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

its been a while since i was over joyed and swore "great **** OFF off the pitch" when someone got substituted.....not since zokora (but even he put in the work rate / effort)....but i was certainly happy when Capoue came on for paulinho

the madrid offer cant come soon enough for me

Last edited:

there is a noticeable and significant difference between what we are seeing now from this clown than what he showed us when he first came...and i am not talking about actual ability...'m talking effort, determination and resolve

This man has none. yet when he first came he seemed to be a bundle of energy...able to press hard and fast..get back into defensive positions quickly and get up front for support....well at least move into the final third with vigour and determination..he looked like one of those guys that was everywhere at once

He appears to be happy just jogging through the 90 minutes and pulling out of challenges than anything else

incredibly enough i though his passing was pretty decent, but looking at him closer now , i see this is crap and it could well have been dwn to AVB's system that made him look like he could pass as in a possession based system players tend to come short to the supplier / passer in order to receive the ball

so if he isnt a good passer
isnt a good worker
pulls out of challenges (he is apparently defensive minded box to box player?)
coasts through the games
doesnt occupu good positioning in front of his back line either tactically or with emergency

then looking for glory aside by getting himself into the box leaving another CM that isnt the best positionally exposed (dembele)

then pray tell me

WHAT THE **** IS THIS GUY GOOD FOR!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

its been a while since i was over joyed and swore "great **** OFF off the pitch" when someone got substituted.....not since zokora (but even he put in the work rate / effort)....but i was certainly happy when Capoue came on for paulinho

the madrid offer cant come soon enough for me

For what its worth he was pulling out of tackles when AVB was here too.

If all of our new signings were to move on, they would all go onto do well.

For what its worth he was pulling out of tackles when AVB was here too.

Agreed.

The least you expect from a player is determination and he has none of that. How can a player get away with bottling 50/50 challenges so often? deary me if this was an English player playing exactly like Paulinho does..he would get slaughtered. Hell Jermaine Jenas didn't pull out of as many challenges as Paulinho does, no ****ing bottle at all. I honestly can't think of another CM that gets away with simply running about a bit during games...he's left on just because he has the ability to pick good attacking positions at times (i give him that). Actually, Paulinho is one of the reasons i totally gave up on AVB.

His passing is also horrendous for what it's worth. Has panic attacks when attempting 5 yard passes ffs.

Sell him to Real in the summer....bring in a creative midfielder to play alongside Dembele and Sandro.

His passing is also horrendous for what it's worth. Has panic attacks when attempting 5 yard passes ffs.

Sell him to Real in the summer....bring in a creative midfielder to play alongside Dembele and Sandro.

What about the Stoke game though?
He was completely different player with the ball all of a sudden. Do you not think there's a good player in there somewhere?

I don't really get what your obsession is with Paulinho, KD, you seem to post more about him than you do any player that you like.

I'd agree that he's only had a couple of good games for us so far but he's shown promise at international level and he knows where the goal is.

Surely, the best thing that could happen for us is that he comes good. He certainly wouldn't be thge first player to take a while to show his worth.

If some of you lot have a problem with Paulinho why don't you go Hotspur Way and tell him yourself instead of being all conquering masters of the internet :rolleyes:

If some of you lot have a problem with Paulinho why don't you go Hotspur Way and tell him yourself instead of being all conquering masters of the internet :rolleyes:

YEH MATE WE SHOULD ALL ****ING DO HIM IN, NAH WOT I MEAN MATE, ****IN AVE IM AT HOTSPUR WAY.

Alternatively we could simply discuss his short commings as a footballer on a Tottenham Forum:rolleyes:

Back