• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

****ing hell yesterday was tough to watch. In a pub full of the Chelsea ****s. They are unbearable.

As for their team and style of play.. don't get me started. I would be so loathe to watching my billiion pound squad with a manager on over £100k per week playing that type of negative, dour football week in week out.

I truly hope Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project win the league over the chavs of the earth. Sometimes I wonder whether I hate them more than l'**** - it's close.

Rodgers is in danger if disappering up his own backside. He has had the media salivating over him all season and it has gone to his head. Now things arent going perfectly he is biting !

He forgets that it was'nt that long ago he was managering Swansea and in managerial terms, he is barely out of short trousers.

I do wonder if Rodgers will have some regrets. Chelsea came out and did exactly what everyone knew they would do, exactly what they did against City when they won at the Etihad (although mainly with a different set of players).

A draw would have kept it in Liverpool's hands for them. They could have gone out in a more conservative fashion. At the very least I think they should have been prepared to be more patient, they were visibly frustrated by Chelsea's time wasting and tactics in the first half and I think it hurt Liverpool a bit.

Fact is Liverpool could have passed it around patiently and waited for Chelsea to have to attack if they wanted to.

I kind of admire a performance like that, its pragmatic above all else. I don't feel its any less valid an approach than Liverpool's, ultimately the result is all that really matters. Also I expect you don't have to go back to far to find a Rodgers Watford or Reading performance where they prioritised defence.

Just seen on the SSN there are 2 articles on yesterdays game next to each other that made me laugh...

Cascarino (ex-Chelsea) saying ''Rodgers got it wrong''
and
Houghton (ex Liverpool) saying ''Mourinho must evolve''

Made me laugh how biased some old pro's are.. You would think they would get the opinions of some neutral ex pros :lol:

i think you'll struggle to find a neutral ex pro when it comes to liverpool (or united for that matter), they either played for them and love them or they hate them

Owen is an interesting one, I expect he's in the latter camp due to the abuse he got for signing for united

Just seen on the SSN there are 2 articles on yesterdays game next to each other that made me laugh...

Cascarino (ex-Chelsea) saying ''Rodgers got it wrong''
and
Houghton (ex Liverpool) saying ''Mourinho must evolve''

Made me laugh how biased some old pro's are.. You would think they would get the opinions of some neutral ex pros :lol:

Houghton is obviously wrong. A solid decade after Mourinho burst onto the big scene with Porto he's won more than most, managed bigger clubs than most and returned to Chelsea as their hope after a string of managers failed to emulate his results. Here he stands, more or less unevolved, still successful, still highly rated, still pretty much on top.

It would be better to watch if Mourinho changed his ways/evolved, but it's quite clearly not something he must do.

Houghton is obviously wrong. A solid decade after Mourinho burst onto the big scene with Porto he's won more than most, managed bigger clubs than most and returned to Chelsea as their hope after a string of managers failed to emulate his results. Here he stands, more or less unevolved, still successful, still highly rated, still pretty much on top.

It would be better to watch if Mourinho changed his ways/evolved, but it's quite clearly not something he must do.

And Mourinho has just beaten City and Liverpool twice this year. Surely Rodgers should evolve to understand there is more than one way to win a match. If Chelsea played that way week in, week out then fair enough but as a tactic to counter in-form attacking sides and nulify Liverpool like that then Rodgers needs to evolve to have a plan B for these situations.

As Spurs fans I am sure we all loved the attacking football we mostly played under Redknapp but you can't complain when a team changes their tactics and parks the bus and you don't have a Plan B. Good managers will find a solution instead of hoping Plan A will eventually win out.

And Mourinho has just beaten City and Liverpool twice this year. Surely Rodgers should evolve to understand there is more than one way to win a match. If Chelsea played that way week in, week out then fair enough but as a tactic to counter in-form attacking sides and nulify Liverpool like that then Rodgers needs to evolve to have a plan B for these situations.

As Spurs fans I am sure we all loved the attacking football we mostly played under Redknapp but you can't complain when a team changes their tactics and parks the bus and you don't have a Plan B. Good managers will find a solution instead of hoping Plan A will eventually win out.

The Rodgers one is more debatable for me.

I do like the "if in doubt, attack" philosophy, but at the same time when you're in with a good shout to win the league it's time to turn a touch pragmatic if not downright cynical.

You can be entirely sure that had Rodgers gone for a more cautious approach and lost the same critical part of the media would be all over him for not having the courage to continue with the style that had worked for them. And I could at least see an argument that being more cautious would send a signal to his players that might have influenced their confidence negatively.

Premier League @premierleague

Best #BPL goal involvement (mins per goal or assist):
1 Henry (85.6)
2 Aguero (88.9)
3 Podolski (96.7)
4 RVP (97.2)
5 Hernandez (100.8)

Premier League @premierleague

Best #BPL goal involvement (mins per goal or assist):
1 Henry (85.6)
2 Aguero (88.9)
3 Podolski (96.7)
4 RVP (97.2)
5 Hernandez (100.8)

Blimey! He's gone under the radar a bit this year hey? I wonder why he hasn't got much acclaim?

Blimey! He's gone under the radar a bit this year hey? I wonder why he hasn't got much acclaim?

Podolski seems to be very much a flat-track bully looking through his goal contributions on http://www.espnfc.com/player/_/id/39759/lukas-podolski

Last season he got 10 goals plus 11 assists in 1986 minutes which is 95mins per goal involvement... However against the Top 9 teams in the league he only scored 2 in 11 games (once in the 5-2 against us plus 1 against Liverpool) and got 1 assist (also in the 5-2) over 946 minutes played, which works out at a less impressive 315 mins per goal involvement.

Similarly this season, all his goals and assists have been against teams in the bottom 8 of the league with 0 in 6 games / 274 minutes against the top 12.

Perhaps he would make a good signing for Spurs (what with our problems scoring against Wet Spam since Bale left) as in 4 appearances against the Spammers he's scored 4 goals plus got 5 assists.

Ozil clearly offside

Offsides dont count for Arsenal it seems

BmVS02BIAAAm12u.jpg

Old Luis, that boy could eat an apple through a letterbox

Back