• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

That doesnt make sense. Their plan is to improve regardless... you cant control what others do...Your 'action plan' cannot contains the demise of others. So by defintion ahead of schedule would be ways to improve Their targets however will always be affected by others.

livepool and rodgers have defined their target around the top 4.
ie. he has said that their target was to break into the "top 4" next season. hence, by being title contenders already, he has said they are ahead of schedule.

Rodgers on Chelsea approach: 'It's the polar opposite to what we do ... it's not difficult to coach, to put 10 players on the 18-yard box'

Rodgers asked whether he would ever set up a team to play like Chelsea. Answers, 'What do you think?'

Rodgers: 'Jose will probably shove his CV in front of me [to justify approach] but it's not my way of working, I like to take initiative'

Chelsea tactics "have prepared us for Crystal Palace....long balls, long throw ins, players behind the ball"

Boo ****ing hoo.

Rodgers on Chelsea approach: 'It's the polar opposite to what we do ... it's not difficult to coach, to put 10 players on the 18-yard box'

Rodgers asked whether he would ever set up a team to play like Chelsea. Answers, 'What do you think?'

Rodgers: 'Jose will probably shove his CV in front of me [to justify approach] but it's not my way of working, I like to take initiative'

Chelsea tactics "have prepared us for Crystal Palace....long balls, long throw ins, players behind the ball"

Boo ****ing hoo.

Nice....hopefully Pulis sees this and shows his squad.

Nice....hopefully Pulis sees this and shows his squad.

rodgers has just made a game against a team whos season has effectively finished that much harder. understandable tho, given what his emotions are likely be to atm.

i'm surprised like everyone about mourinho's comments today. but is it perhaps justifiable? given that redknapp is critiqueing mourinho's work, is mourinho justified to do the same? fwiw, i'm not saying it is (or isnt). would like to know what others think

i'm surprised like everyone about mourinho's comments today. but is it perhaps justifiable? given that redknapp is critiqueing mourinho's work, is mourinho justified to do the same? fwiw, i'm not saying it is (or isnt). would like to know what others think

Given that Redknapp isn't fit to lick the boots of any professional manager (and I include Sherwood in that), fair play Mourinho.

He might be a bit of a pantomime villain but Mourinho is a master of manipulating the press and has the tabloid hacks hanging on his every word, Jamie may think twice before questioning Jose' managerial abilities in the future after the bashing he's going to take now.

[video=youtube;YmO10-1_w1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmO10-1_w1o[/video]

Given that Redknapp isn't fit to lick the boots of any professional manager (and I include Sherwood in that), fair play Mourinho.

Agreed.

BmP8e4hIMAAF8M-.jpg

Inter Milan lastnight

BmP8e4hIMAAF8M-.jpg

Inter Milan lastnight

completely true. but it raises another question: why do grown men shout (and care) about other men kicking around cow hide?
i don't know the answer, but unfortunately i am one of those that care lol

'I like to take initiative'

Yanking off serial waster Gerrard would have been a start today.
He was garbage today wasn't he. Forget the mistake, the guy took around 20 long rangers that did nothing but give the ball back to Cheslki.

Gerrard has always been an excellent player. The problem has been his managers fitting him in, something England and Liverpool managers have struggled with.

Part of Rodgers success has been in persuading him to accept the more limited deep play-maker role. This role has made Liverpool to tick all season. Once he made the mistake today he reverted to Roy of the Rovers, with all his long attempts. He stopped doing what he was doing to make Liverpool such an effective attacking team, but reverted to trying to win it on his own.

The other difference was Rodgers' approach. Their hallmark this season is the aggressive, pressing start, with lots of early goals. Either Chelsea were remarkably successful in quelling this approach, with their negative and destructive approach, and/or Rodgers got cautious.

Back