• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

tbh i don't see that. I don't remember any poster that only saw positives in Redknapps reign and doesn't acknowledge mistakes were made.

Exactly. Of course there were negatives, I mean people talk about our 12 point gap we let slip but Man Utd let the title slip when it looked impossible to lose - but u don't sack AF for that negative as you have enough positive moments to know it is not the norm.

So with Redknapp, ill accept any criticism as long as it isn't used to sum his whole time at the club up. For example I keep reading ppl talking about his late substitution at Villa... as if it was the only thing that ever happened. So he eases us away from a relegation battle, get CL for the first time in our history, gets a lot of respect across Europe for our results and football in the CL, finishes 4th playing great football again.... "But he brought Parker on against villa when it should have been Defoe, he is a clueless macaron".

My impression is that there are certain posters on this forum who are completely anti-Redknapp. Were they like this even when he was at the club? They seem to be so bitter about him and use every possible chance, even in non-related threads, to get in a cheap shot or a dig.

:lol:

What's so funny, it's true. For example in another thread completely unrelated to Redknapp a reply back to how much money AVB has to spend this January was:

Sylvain Distin, Phil Nevile and Carlton Cole :lol:

I can only assume that the poster in question thinks it amusing to list players that he thinks Redknapp would have tried to sign if he had been given money to spend. The laughing face afterwards would assume he is taking the tinkle. Why even bother? Redknapp is gone and yet on this forum the digs at him are relentless.

Why even bother? Redknapp is gone and yet on this forum the digs at him are relentless.

But you've been on a relentless cursade yourself sicne your return to set the record straight on your man, yet again - just as guilty

(the fact you picked on that joke is quite telling in itslef ;)

Not necessarily, but it's a very small section, just as I think there are those that don't mind us doing badly now as it would prove getting rid of Redknapp was wrong.

Sadly, I think there are many you fall in the last catergory

As for the first bit - I can think of only 2 posters myself

But you've been on a relentless cursade yourself sicne your return to set the record straight on your man, yet again - just as guilty

(the fact you picked on that joke is quite telling in itslef ;)

What are you talking about? I am actually trying to work out right now whether you're just very young, a wind up merchant or just an idiot.

And who is my man exactly? I have no problem admitting that Redknapp did a good job and I have no problem admitting that I wanted him gone for AVB to come in. I wouldn't say AVB is my man but yes I am delighted that he is in charge and I think right now he is the best thing that could have possibly happened to us. But that still doesn't make him my man.

it's ok, I just thought it was funny you were asking "was it like this when harry was at the club". You have exactly the same opinions, rating of players and posting style of someone who posted on here and has done for years. He had the same debates on Redknapp with the same people and used the biased phrase as well.

it's ok, I just thought it was funny you were asking "was it like this when harry was at the club". You have exactly the same opinions, rating of players and posting style of someone who posted on here and has done for years. He had the same debates on Redknapp with the same people and used the biased phrase as well.

You are the second person to say that, so no problem.

You have to laugh really, there are posters on here ( mentioning no names, as i would not want to upset the little dears) who never stop whining about others who have said nasty things about Redknapp. The accuse them of having a anti-Redknapp bias and how wrong is is to have that bias ( opinion) yet they then ramble on about how great he was and kissing his arse.

For some reason they fail to see that they are doing exactly the same but from the other direction.

You have to laugh really, there are posters on here ( mentioning no names, as i would not want to upset the little dears) who never stop whining about others who have said nasty things about Redknapp. The accuse them of having a anti-Redknapp bias and how wrong is is to have that bias ( opinion) yet they then ramble on about how great he was and kissing his arse.

For some reason they fail to see that they are doing exactly the same but from the other direction.

I think we can be proud of the achievements under Redknapp and they were good times. But they weren't the best of times, and Redknapp was never going to bring the best of times. But from what I've seen on this forum so far there are far more posters refusing to give him credit than who praise him. And what seems to be unique to this forum compared to the others I post on is that so many posters defend any criticism of AVB with a remark about Redknapp. It's like a bloody Labour / Tory debate where neither side answers the questions at hand and they just attack each other. It's quite frankly pathetic.

Representatives of Harry Redknapp are in talks over a big-money offer to install him as Ukraine manager, Sky Sports News understands.

It has been claimed discussions have been going on for a fortnight after the Ukrainian FA made the former Spurs boss their number-one target.

Redknapp's agent Paul Stretford is thought to be in Kiev thrashing out the details of the deal, which will see his client back in work for the first time since being shown the door at White Hart Lane in June.

QPR had been expected to sack Mark Hughes and chase his managerial services, but Redknapp may well agree a contract with Ukraine by the end of this week.

He previously told Sportsmail: "It's a fantastic job. I found out about it a couple of weeks ago when they got in touch with my advisors. I am serious about it.

"They are an up and coming football country with some very good young players, some great teams like Shakhtar and some great stadiums.

"I will talk to them and see if we can sort something out. I'm definitely interested, without a doubt."

If Redknapp agrees to the offer, he would be set to lead Ukraine when they face England in a potentially crucial World Cup qualifier in Kiev next September.

http://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/8265286/Representatives-of-Harry-Redknapp-are-in-talks-with-Ukraine-federation-officials

Next he'll be telling the Ukrainians how he hopes England win their group and qualify for the WC.

What are you talking about? I am actually trying to work out right now whether you're just very young, a wind up merchant or just an idiot.

And who is my man exactly? I have no problem admitting that Redknapp did a good job and I have no problem admitting that I wanted him gone for AVB to come in. I wouldn't say AVB is my man but yes I am delighted that he is in charge and I think right now he is the best thing that could have possibly happened to us. But that still doesn't make him my man.

Can't see how you're being accused of being a Redknapp fan tbh when you've already said that you think he was a stop gap and AVB is the superior manager. Which leads me to this:

1) You've said pretty negative things about Scott Parker but Moonlit seemed to rate him highly.

2) You've said negative things about Arry but Moonlit used to rate him highly.

3) You've said positive things about BAE but i always thought Moonlit didn't rate him much?

Can't see how you're being accused of being a Redknapp fan tbh when you've already said that you think he was a stop gap and AVB is the superior manager. Which leads me to this:

1) You've said pretty negative things about Scott Parker but Moonlit seemed to rate him highly.

3) You've said positive things about BAE but i always thought Moonlit didn't rate him much?

Sometimes people, for different reasons, post things that aren't their true opinion.

unless he's purposefully trying to throw people off the scent by posting some contrary opinions to what TMK held then i think it's safe to say this isn't him - because that's too mental, even for him :eek:

But he DID buy older players and enjoyed experienced units in general

How is that biased criticism?

Of course he did. But people completely ignore the fact that we are run like a business and have limited funds in the transfer market. It's not like we have the money to go out and buy Falcao or Torres. Give him the money that Mancini gets, there's no way he wouldn't go for top players.

Of course he did. But people completely ignore the fact that we are run like a business and have limited funds in the transfer market. It's not like we have the money to go out and buy Falcao or Torres. Give him the money that Mancini gets, there's no way he wouldn't go for top players.

There is still value in the market in younger players for similar fees

It's not like we asked exclusively for 30 year olds+

That was his approach - nothing more, nothing less, imv.

Back