• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT We are MASSIVE FC v Tottenham Hotspur ***

His passing is crazily good
It’s all high risk high reward
Forward passing... The quick transition through ball that bypasses a few players along the way.

It's his first start for us and also much higher than Bentacur would be, so it's a slightly different formation than usuall.

Also, I think I wouldn't enjoy playing alongside Hojberg who doesn't actively move to be an option for a pass.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

Dier and PEH both have it in their locker.

The front three are not isolated, they get plenty of touches.

I think we are seeing exactly what Conte wants, he's just expecting more goals from it.
Dier and PEH are the two that slow game down the most. Eventually they get the pass through to the front.... But spend a lot time taking the safe option and not enough trying to get the opposition off guard. Bissouma had a few good through balls and pairing him with Bentacur seems a good idea.

Dier spends too much time pointing and directing the ball past him than bring a mobile option. With 3 CBs we still look like 2 if pressed it's unreal. I mean mathematically unreal.

Yep - I agree with you on Royal being a dead end in terms of our attacks. He tries, bless his heart, but he just isn't at the level we need. When Sanchez is out right and is also poor as hell on the ball, we are fudged on the right as a whole.
But on the left we yesterday have Perisic sending in cross after cross with no one in the centre to meet them most of the time.

And in Dier's case, he usually has a clanger a game in terms of getting spun on halfway, losing his man, etc. Thankfully the system covers for him, but I'm unconvinced he's as crucial to the backline as he's being made out to be.
He's shouldn't be assessed as a conventional CB in a pair. It's 3 doing the job of two.

The most annoying thing is if we didn't let that shambles of goal in after Hojbjerg faffed about and we fell asleep, followed by Hugo punting the ball out, you felt we would manage that game. Keep tight at the back and hit them on the break.
Sometimes he appears too casual. Like mid game after making a run into defence and the play turns he takes his time to react and catch up and support the attack.

But other times he is intense and when he sees a pass, he is pretty accurate with the weight and height of the through ball.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Dier and PEH are the two that slow game down the most. Eventually they get the pass through to the front.... But spend a lot time taking the safe option and not enough trying to get the opposition off guard. Bissouma had a few good through balls and pairing him with Bentacur seems a good idea.

Dier spends too much time pointing and directing the ball past him than bring a mobile option. With 3 CBs we still look like 2 if pressed it's unreal. I mean mathematically unreal.

The main issue is Davo is not the best passer, ditto Royal, so between the pair of them on the right we suffer progressively. We actually got around that first-half and looked better, but Bissouma got a stupid yellow which neutered his games and PEH got fouled by Rice on HT, thus those two were at 80% second half and Davo/Royal easier to press with no immediate out ball showing. We really missed Bentancur tonight...

The main issue is Davo is not the best passer, ditto Royal, so between the pair of them on the right we suffer progressively. We actually got around that first-half and looked better, but Bissouma got a stupid yellow which neutered his games and PEH got fouled by Rice on HT, thus those two were at 80% second half and Davo/Royal easier to press with no immediate out ball showing. We really missed Bentancur tonight...

Spot on.

When we then also have Son off form it can get a bit painful.

Bissouma played the safe option at least as much as Hojbjerg. It was also something he did quite a lot at Brighton. If that changes with us I think it will take time.

When pressed most teams with two centre backs will drop a midfielder in there to make it three anyway. Or have full backs deeper and more narrow than our wing backs are.

Forward passing... The quick transition through ball that bypasses a few players along the way.

It's his first start for us and also much higher than Bentacur would be, so it's a slightly different formation than usuall.

Also, I think I wouldn't enjoy playing alongside Hojberg who doesn't actively move to be an option for a pass.

I was talking about Perisic

We are not the most attractive team to watch but we are picking up points from games we would have lost in recent seasons. Remember we didn't lose to City or Liverpool last season so if we can eradicate defeats like Southampton at home then we are going in the right direction.

Massive fan of Bissouma and been wanting him to start for last couple of games... EESH. Was awful last night. Like, really, really poor. Couldn't pass, couldn't hold the ball, really panicky. Definietly missed Bentancur.

Wasn't great, stats wise though was very even, was a bit of a worry how we struggled, i thought Conte ball relied on wing backs but Royal and Perisic probably too safe, which is fine away in a London derby, i'll take a point all day. At home vs Fulham, i'd love to see a bit more attack minded players, Spence and Sess hopefully.

Overall though, 5 games, 3 away, 2 London derbies and we have yet to lose, we can't all play absolute cannon fodder like Arsenal have had in the first 5 games. Am happy thus far. Big test v Fulham this weekend, get 3 points and that's a fantastic 6 games. Will be tough though, they're set up well.

Glad it’s not just me who thinks this. I was accused of “seeing things that are not there” with regards to Sanchez’s weakness on the ball. It’s pretty obvious for most people to see with their own eyes but it’s too controversial an opinion for some.

Last season we lost at home to Southampton and Wolves, and lost away to Chelsea and West Ham. So every game so far has been an improvement.

It's absolutely a positive. The fear for me is that these poor performances will inevitably catch up with us.

I think the form thing is a consequence of Conte's tough pre-seasons. Those benefit players in the long-run but there can often be fatigue nearer term. I believe we're seeing that in our lack of energy in the first 5 games

However if we can beat Fulham and Leicester at home then even if we lose to City away, we go into the international break with 17 points from 8 games. Not too shabby.

Given how Liverpool look, 2nd potentially is up for grabs this season. City should romp to the title however with Jesus and Sterling departed they're very reliant at CF on Haaland not getting injured

Massive fan of Bissouma and been wanting him to start for last couple of games... EESH. Was awful last night. Like, really, really poor. Couldn't pass, couldn't hold the ball, really panicky. Definietly missed Bentancur.

Wasn't great, stats wise though was very even, was a bit of a worry how we struggled, i thought Conte ball relied on wing backs but Royal and Perisic probably too safe, which is fine away in a London derby, i'll take a point all day. At home vs Fulham, i'd love to see a bit more attack minded players, Spence and Sess hopefully.

Overall though, 5 games, 3 away, 2 London derbies and we have yet to lose, we can't all play absolute cannon fodder like Arsenal have had in the first 5 games. Am happy thus far. Big test v Fulham this weekend, get 3 points and that's a fantastic 6 games. Will be tough though, they're set up well.

Wait, are Fulham set up well and will give us a tough, tough game or are they absolute cannon fodder?

It's absolutely a positive. The fear for me is that these poor performances will inevitably catch up with us.

I'd worry about performances catching up with us if we were conceding numerous chances a game or not creating ourselves - that's not really happening so I'm quite relaxed atm

Back