• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs Portsmouth, FA Cup 3rd Round, 2022-23

It was studs up but it was on the ankle/foot. Generally if those are, say, calf high then they are more often red rather than yellow

I didn't know if it came under the excessive force / reckless kind of area, pretty sure we'd be raging if Pompey players were doing us in that kind of manner (not saying Skipp was trying to hurt the guy but it was carelessness to the max)

How VAR can't give it as a yellow because the ref is incompetent is totally beyond me too .

He was always poor and played like a scared 13yo, he did just enough to sell it sometimes

He was very useful in the last few months of last season. Looks shot of confidence, and of course it doesn’t help when the rest of the team [is setup to] plays like this.

How VAR can't give it as a yellow because the ref is incompetent is totally beyond me too .

You don't want VAR re-referring games. Just correcting clear and obvious errors on matters which have a big influence on games - goals, red cards etc

He was very useful in the last few months of last season. Looks shot of confidence, and of course it doesn’t help when the rest of the team [is setup to] plays like this.
Like I said, did enough to sell it sometimes. His confidence is always shot, he plays scared. It's not the team that is dragging him down, it's him dragging the team down, just like Royal.

Given Conte is unlikely to remove a CB, the main change I'd be considering is replacing both wing backs with Spence on the right and Doherty (or Mundle) on the left

Just got to keep pinging the ball into the box to pull them out of shape. Sess hasn't been good, yet most of our threat has come from him. The few times we've disrupted their shape and made some space, it has been because of a Sess cross.

We also need to hit on the break better. First half was always going to be them working hard to keep us out. Next half should be more exciting.

Back