• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

The three mistakes that cost us bad were:

Goal 1 : Walker completely switching off against Nasri

Goal 2 : Walker cheaply giving the ball away leading to the corner they scored from, and then at that corner failing to mark his man who stuck the ball in the net.

Goal 3 : Ekotto with time on the ball elects to pump the ball forward to Defoe, who is surrounded by City players and like the other few times he tried it during the game the outcome was the same. We lost possession and they came straight back at us and on this occasion they won a penalty from it.

I think that's a little harsh on Defoe, Bale is a very difficult player to keep up with.

If anything, Bale should probably have passed across the front of the defender when he was still outside the box, Defoe was in a better position then.

Still, had Webb done his job anything like sufficiently then we would have been away and clear by that point.

I agree 100%

I. Thought bale should have passed to defoe a hell of a lot earlier than he actually did. BUT I am really proud of the guys seriously. I am kinda distraught and that defeat hurts a lot more than any I could think of BUT like I say I'm proud of the guys. Man bricky were there for the takin but we just lacked that killer instinct up front.

Robbed of 3 pts against Stoke.
Robbed of 3 pts against Chelsea
Robbed of 1 pt against Manc City.

Video technology would have gained us 7 more points this season. The inconsistency and incompetence of 'top level' referees is simply not good enough.

How were we robbed today for a point? who's to say we would have gone on to draw or win?

Balotelli should have been sent off i agree but not getting a point was 100000000000000% our fault on this occasion. We threw it away at the end with poor decision making.

Robbed of 3 pts against Stoke.
Robbed of 3 pts against Chelsea
Robbed of 1 pt against Manc City.

Video technology would have gained us 7 more points this season. The inconsistency and incompetence of 'top level' referees is simply not good enough.

How were we robbed today for a point? who's to say we would have gone on to draw or win?

Balotelli should have been sent off i agree but not getting a point was 100000000000000% our fault on this occasion. We threw it away at the end with poor decision making.

I think that's a little harsh on Defoe, Bale is a very difficult player to keep up with.

If anything, Bale should probably have passed across the front of the defender when he was still outside the box, Defoe was in a better position then.

Still, had Webb done his job anything like sufficiently then we would have been away and clear by that point.

I agree 100%

goal 3 : Ekotto with time on the ball elects to pump the ball forward to defoe, who is surrounded by city players and like the other few times he tried it during the game the outcome was the same. We lost possession and they came straight back at us and on this occasion they won a penalty from it.

this!

i. Thought bale should have passed to defoe a hell of a lot earlier than he actually did. But i am really proud of the guys seriously. I am kinda distraught and that defeat hurts a lot more than any i could think of but like i say i'm proud of the guys. Man bricky were there for the takin but we just lacked that killer instinct up front.

and this!!

Frustrating result but I think we can take heart from the performance. We just needed something to fire us up and once Defoe got us back into it we looked the more likely to win. A draw would definitely have been a fair result, no way did we deserve to take the 3 points but thats life.

Find it difficult to blame Webb although if he turns round and doesnt say he would have sent Balotelli off having seen it properly then I will be absolutely disgusted. Such a dangerous thing to do and a big fine should come his way too. Of course the City fans as you would expect from the bitter northern mugs have started giving it large about being victimized and the pro spurs press will get Balotelli hung etc. Other comments of us not being in the game and could have lost 4-0 if werent for Savic playing show how arrogant and deluded the quick influx of money has made them.

Pathetic people to be honest and I expect nothing more given the life they probably have to lead........so hope Man Utd win the title. It would be amazing to see City implode and win nothing this season.

I wouldn't worry too much about them, they're northern. That means they're poor, uncultured, overweight, ugly and have no style or class. Their wives are almost certainly 'sturdy' and ugly, and they sound like inbred retards.

Games like that are decided by small margins. We could have been the team that scored the third and won had Defoe been that step nearer. As it was, King made a reckless challenge and we literally paid the penalty. I was amazed that King jumped in like he did. I thought he was more experienced than that.

I would say though that we played very well, limited their chances and were unlucky. Please do not let this turn in to a knee jerk thread.

I think you will find that the biggest mistake that cost us big was the referee not sending off Balotelli for stamping on Parker's head.

fudge me that was hard to take. I haven't been this depressed over a game of football in a long, long time. No interest at all in the other game.

Please change thread title to knee jerk after defeat thread.

Whats wrong?... our performance today does not warrant in any way a thread started about mistakes.

We were brilliant today. I felt we can walk away from City heads held high... and I can imagine many football fans in the UK will be saying the same.

But its not gonad*s is it? We played superbly, Webb and Balotelli were pricks and we deserved at least a point (3 imo) but pretty much everything that has been written so far in this thread is true.

Walker switched off for the first and did so again for the second. King should have taken out Aguero earlier if that was what he wanted to do and BAE should have let the ball go out of play. And not kept on hoofing it to Defoe, who was about a foot shorter than all their defenders. I'm a bit less inclined to blame Bale or Defoe as they did their jobs at least.

Huge amount of positives to take from this game though.

For me it was the Rafa-Livermore substitute.

We had them on the back foot and it just announced that we'd sit back and try to hold on for a draw.

I think you will find that the biggest mistake that cost us big was the referee not sending off Balotelli for stamping on Parker's head.

This.

Given the fact that we went 2-0 behind and came back to 2-2... I feel the game went relatively well... We even had a chance to win it, that's us showing that we are almost up there with the big two...

We were unlucky today that the ref didn't see one or two incidents, and that defoe didn't quite have the legs (if only his legs were longer) to tap in for the third..

After todays performance i am proud to be a Spurs fan.

Sure we may have 'deserved' more from the game, but play like that and we will have no problems finishing top 3.

Back