• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

If king is fit and playing i feel strangely confident about this game... with the players they are missing i could see me sneaking a win..

My real concern is that when we win i might have to support arsenal against Man U.. after all if we are looking up it's definitely the way we'd want to result to go.. I guess that is just the price you have to pay for success..

Think it's painfully obvious who will sign up, Without the additional games Harry has pretty much always picked the strongest on paper team..

Walker----Kaboul----King----Bae
-----------------Parker--------------
---------VDV-----------Modric------
Lennon-------Defoe---------Bale

Is the formation i would like to see, think we might struggle a little more then usually with our build up play in the middle of the park, without ade to hold to ball up and his quick thinking and passing... So we're going to have to make use of the pace on the wings more then ever, Bale/Lennon taking on their man and getting early balls between the back four and the keeper for defoe to run onto/tap in would be my way to go...

This is the first time I've been nervous about a Spurs game this season since ironically, Emirates Marketing Project at home

Choice for Harry is who does he drop? Dawson who's technically captain when King's not playing (therefore wouldn't that make him a starter anyway?), or Kaboul, who's been better than Dawson and probably our second best centre back behind King this season? Personally, i'd drop Dawson.

Choice for Harry is who does he drop? Dawson who's technically captain when King's not playing (therefore wouldn't that make him a starter anyway?), or Kaboul, who's been better than Dawson and probably our second best centre back behind King this season? Personally, i'd drop Dawson.

Aside from the manchester disasters I'd have said kaboul had been better than King so far this season to be honest. I'm not sure whether even having King would have made too much difference against Emirates Marketing Project, he probably would have against Utd away though.

if King is going to be fit, this would 100% be my team:

........................Friedel.....................
Walker.....Kaboul............King.....Ekotto
Lennon......Parker.........Modric.......Bale
.................van der Vaart..................
......................Defoe........................

Our strongest possible back five now in my opinion. All five have performed consistantly well all season and have been brilliant individually. Only Ekotto and Kaboul played in the 5-1 demolition at White Hart Lane and even then Kaboul got on the scoresheet, having King back and especially Walker will be a great help with pace down the right.

We also didn't have Parker in that game and we missed a defensive minded player, him and Modric in the middle all day. Lennon and Bale on the flanks (Yes Bale, FLANKS!!!), is such a threat, without Richards (who will probably play in the end), these two switching could be dangerous. Can't wait to see Lennon running full pelt at either Clichy or Kolarov as well as Bale and Zabeleta.

Van der Vaart obviously starts, off of our top goalscorer in Defoe though and not his usual partner in Adebayor due to the absense of him. Defoe has enough in his locker to cause the likes of Savic and Lescott problems. He's caused better defenders problems in his career, I think he'll score for us at the weekend.

Joleon Lescott has apparently said that Emirates Marketing Project are not looking at Tottenham as their main rivals in the title race.

Well I can see Spurs causing them major problems in this game. The pace of Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon will do damage on that big pitch and while Emmanuel Adebayor can't play, Jermain Defoe is a livewire and is a great replacement.

Spurs are even more dangerous because the pressure's off. If they'd beaten Wolves last week people would be saying they're the team to watch, but now they are back under the radar. They'll have been disappointed with that result, but it's hard to play in the Premier League on a Wednesday and then again on the Saturday. That's a big ask.

Also, it doesn't matter who City are playing, they give you a chance and Joe Hart has made a worldy save in almost every game this season.

They weren't impressive at all against Wigan and fell over the line. They didn't open them up, they didn't create many chances and it wasn't one of those games where they walked off the pitch thinking they should have scored six or seven.

Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure, two of their big players, are out and I think they rely a bit too much on David Silva too. They have a load of stars, but everything comes through him and it seems to be taking its toll. He's a little lad, who gets kicked from pillar to post and I think a bit of fatigue is mounting up.

They put five past Tottenham at White Hart Lane, but this is a different Spurs team now. They've got Scott Parker in midfield, Luka Modric is settled and we will see the true Spurs on Sunday.

Tottenham will get chances in this game and I honestly believe that if their players all turn up with their A-game then they should win.

I'm going to call a draw, but if someone told me I had to pick a winner then I would go for Tottenham.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

Well that was a bit of a nightmare!

I had to re-register as MyFootballFacts istead of THFC6061.

But it's still me!

Mancini says talk of how much money has been spent by City in the past two years is irrelevant as all the other top teams have spent similar amounts, just over a longer period of time.

Yes, at least 10 seasons. Seriously what a muppet!

I would be annoyed if Dawson is selected ahead of Kaboul. Even when Kaboul was in his first spell with us and not twice the player he is now, I saw him as someone with massive potential who was a more naturally talented defender than Dawson. We all know Dawson's strengths, but Kaboul has got all the attributes required to be a top class centre back and he has cut out those lapses of concentration he used to have.....

I really have a good feeling about this game for whatever reason especially if Ledders plays. To ease the fact we will be without Ade everyone just remember we beat these clams with that donkey Crouch up top

if King is going to be fit, this would 100% be my team:

........................Friedel.....................
Walker.....Kaboul............King.....Ekotto
Lennon......Parker.........Modric.......Bale
.................van der Vaart..................
......................Defoe........................

Our strongest possible back five now in my opinion. All five have performed consistantly well all season and have been brilliant individually. Only Ekotto and Kaboul played in the 5-1 demolition at White Hart Lane and even then Kaboul got on the scoresheet, having King back and especially Walker will be a great help with pace down the right.

We also didn't have Parker in that game and we missed a defensive minded player, him and Modric in the middle all day. Lennon and Bale on the flanks (Yes Bale, FLANKS!!!), is such a threat, without Richards (who will probably play in the end), these two switching could be dangerous. Can't wait to see Lennon running full pelt at either Clichy or Kolarov as well as Bale and Zabeleta.

Van der Vaart obviously starts, off of our top goalscorer in Defoe though and not his usual partner in Adebayor due to the absense of him. Defoe has enough in his locker to cause the likes of Savic and Lescott problems. He's caused better defenders problems in his career, I think he'll score for us at the weekend.

Spot on

Back