• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

Why do we need a DM against west ham?
How can real get to the final of the champions league without one?

We need 3 players in there who can keep possession not a tackler.

Because Real Madrid have world class players in every position probably and Xabi Alonso is a DM. Just because he has a good passing range doesn't mean he's not a DM/holder. We need control and solidity, Sandro and Bentaleb would offer that, this current mish mash side doesn't. When are you going to get that? People say my Lenon hate is tiresome but your Sandro slating is equally annoying I suspect.

Come on guys, all this negativity is not helping us. Mark my words timmy will fire up our players for the 2nd half and we'll smash them with 10 men ;)

Last edited:
Sacking Sherwood is about the only joy now that can come out of it. Give Freund the last game. There's literally nothing left to paly for: with this brilliant line-up and approach against Spam at Upton Park, Sherwood has thrown away the last thing he could have possibly achieved this season (after throwing away the COC, the FA Cup, the Europa League and our chances of making the top four): namely, reaching 72 points. So there's no harm, there really isn't.
Would love to see it, might shut that smug **** up for 5 minutes, plus if Freundy won against Villa the stats geeks could pull it over how he's our best manager ever with his 100% win record...

Just watched that "red card" foul in slo-mo during halftime. Tell you what, it's getting harder and harder to enjoy football now that it's being played almost exclusively by cheats. Kaboul's shoulder touches against Downing, no question, but watch Downing's feet... as soon as he feels Kaboul close to him he just collapses like he's been shot. Are professional footballers just total weaklings maybe? Because when I watch a rugby match I see men staying on their feet (and struggling hard to do so) despite getting clattered about 20 times harder than Downing was touched by Kaboul. I know football isn't rugby, but it *is* a contact sport (or leastways it used to be) and when grown men collapse on the ground because someone touches their shoulder then they are either cheats or pathetic weakling children.

Most likely, both.

Genuinely angry right now - and it's not just Downing. Spurs players do it all the time too. It's bloody pathetic and it's driving me away from football.

If Ade had slotted that great chance into the net and it was 0-1 would you be saying the same thing? Hindsight.

Errr ... YES. We scraped past 10 man Stoke last week, was I saying the same thing before the game? Yes. WAs I saying the same thing after the game? Yes.

Wow. Three months not in the side and suddenly all Sandro can do is tackle, like some Brazilian Palacios. Sigh.

Sure, Real got to the final of the CL without one. Real don't commit the errors we do, or stand off players like we do, or go on to the pitch with no organization or instructions like we patently do. Sandro offers a bit of respite from all three, and he's not bad at holding onto the ball as well. With Sandro on, we could perhaps have ridden out West Ham's initial waves before starting to dictate ourselves. Not anymore.

When we have organization, team spirit, cohesion, understanding, world class players in abundance...when we have all five things, then yes we don't need a DM. We have none of those things, so Sandro playing should have been a prerequisite. Apparently not in the eyes of the best manager in our history, though.

why were our players in a wall at the free kick and then turning away like a cannonball was coming at them ?
funny i aint, i've just backed west ham to "win" the 2nd half, men against boys, the good thing is that we wont qualify for the europa, its dont nothing but hamper us the last few seasons

Real Madrid are a well-organised unit, managed by an experienced manager. They get around not having a true destroyer by having, in modric and alonso, players who have good positioning, and dominant defenders such as Ramos and Pepe. We have none of these things, so a player who has defensive instincts, regardless of their instruction, would be sensible against a team like West Ham.

If Ade had slotted that great chance into the net and it was 0-1 would you be saying the same thing? Hindsight.

If I go all in on a 2-7 pre flop and 2 2s and a 7 come up, I have made the wrong decision, even if hindsight would make it appear that I had made the right one.

I don't even care about 3 cms in the middle, I just want some actual cms in there if we're going to insist on playing 4-4-2.

It's not all about the score or result. Pattern of play says a lot. We were terrible last week but snuck a win. But rubbish again today and constant defensive errors are on Sherwood.

****ing fight for this now spurs, at least try. ****s, west ham what a ****ing joke club mocking us.

I'm doing some gardening. Fcuk this ****. Might post some photos up of my veg in my greenhouse for my allotment thread.. Everything seems ready to go down the allotment.

The point is, having that extra forward might have worked if we'd have scored that goal. You loose something in one area of the pitch and gain in another.

But we we'nt able to control the game and possession. Midfield 4 were not able to dictate play and we were pushed back. So in hindsight 3 in the middle might have been better.

why did the bookies offer such ridiculous odds for a shammers win? i get they're in bad for but 3/1 when they're the home team?

Ten years with us...:-k Makes me wonder what we might have achieved if they hadnt..

Ask Vertonghen or Lloris if they want to carry on playing with **** Michael Dawson.

Yep a team that not only is in the top flight but in there time has finished 9 times out of ten in the top 6, 4th twice, a champions league quarter final. Yet every manager we've had has made them first choice. Basically, mate, your championship comment is pretty embarrassing. They may be playing **** today and recently but they're quite clearly not championship. You just mug yourself off with comments like that.

Half time analysis on Norwegian telly shows the errors before the red card.

Kaboul and Dawson both pressing the same man at the halfway line, instead of one of them falling off. Rose pushing up when Kaboul/Dawson loses that challenge, losing track of Downing in the process. This gives Downing all the space in the world, while Dawson, Rose and Kaboul are chasing. A quick move from Downing to cut in front of Kaboul, makes it impossible for Kaboul to stop = foul and red card.

But basically the red card was down to individual errors from Kaboul, Dawson and Rose.

We really are a shambles defensively.

Sigi is just not good enough. He needs a goal to justify his inclusion. Knocked off the ball almost every time.

Back