• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion - 26/12/13: 3pm

I think Sherwood has decided we are going to ship goals whatever we do - whether that is down to player shortages, not having the right defenders available, or whatever - and therefore the best policy for the time being is to open the game up, try to create chances and accept you are probably going to concede as well. Hopefully he is also thinking that over time and with some injuries sorted out, he can address our defensive problems. (If he is not thinking that -we really are in trouble!)

Well, you and Indospur. He said that we can't keep the ball all the time and you asked why not. The possession we do have isn't controlled but it is very difficult in a top level football match for one team to have more of the ball than we're having at the moment.

(Sorry, just realised I said on purpose). Didn't mean on purpose, just mean people saying we're giving up possession vs what we had before. We're certainly less controlled than before but the possession stat is the same.

I think we could control the game far more through our possession. Maybe not having more, but just being a little more intelligent would control the game more.

I'm sure this style has its merits but I really, really, really hate it.

100 mph, lugging crosses into the box from deep, whacking passes into the front men so hard they can barely control it or do anything worth doing. No strategy bar just getting it forward as quickly as possible.

We may win, but I just do not like it. We don't look like a top professional team, we look like a bunch of school kids.

I agree to an extent but for now thats what we have to do. When we gained control we werent really in control if that makes sense. We controlled the ball but not affected the game so much.

I am sure all this is to try to get the players confident again and then as we progress we will have more control - hopefully.

I think Sherwood has decided we are going to ship goals whatever we do - whether that is down to player shortages, not having the right defenders available, or whatever - and therefore the best policy for the time being is to open the game up, try to create chances and accept you are probably going to concede as well. Hopefully he is also thinking that over time and with some injuries sorted out, he can address our defensive problems. (If he is not thinking that -we really are in trouble!)

Nah man it's champagne football! The Tottenham way!

:-(

I'm sure this style has its merits but I really, really, really hate it.

100 mph, lugging crosses into the box from deep, whacking passes into the front men so hard they can barely control it or do anything worth doing. No strategy bar just getting it forward as quickly as possible.

We may win, but I just do not like it. We don't look like a top professional team, we look like a bunch of school kids.

I see where you're coming from, I do. But at the moment, although it tires us out (leading to degraded ball retention late on) and is defensively unsound, it also leads to us getting the ball in the box and creating chances.....so at least we're doing something right. And despite being a supporter of AVB right up to his final hours, under his 'professional' approach, we were hesitant and unsure in defense, absolutely lifeless in attack and couldn't control the ball under pressure to boot. In short, we were doing nothing right by the end, and at least this approach gets something right.

At the moment I suspect the players are enjoying the way they play (largely intuitively), which I don't think they were under AVB. Though eventually that has to be replaced by a tactical system that manages them effectively (or we'll have made no progress from the 'Arry days), but for now, let them have their bit of fun.

Someone help me out - what is our game plan? Seems a bit random or unpredictable at the moment. Is that it?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk 4

I see where you're coming from, I do. But at the moment, although it tires us out (leading to degraded ball retention late on) and is defensively unsound, it also leads to us getting the ball in the box and creating chances.....so at least we're doing something right. And despite being a supporter of AVB right up to his final hours, under his 'professional' approach, we were hesitant and unsure in defense, absolutely lifeless in attack and couldn't control the ball under pressure to boot. In short, we were doing nothing right by the end, and at least this approach gets something right.

At the moment I suspect the players are enjoying the way they play (largely intuitively), which I don't think they were under AVB. Though eventually that has to be replaced by a tactical system that manages them effectively (or we'll have made no progress from the 'Arry days), but for now, let them have their bit of fun.

Do you think we actually created chances in that first half? Who had the better ones? West Brom by a mile.

Back