• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion - 26/12/13: 3pm

When we were playing the AVB high line Chriches had half a pitch to try and make up for dwelling on the ball and losing it -or more likely have Walker bale him out. Now we are playing deeper he has not time for rescuing his mistakes -but still wants to dwell on the ball. He looked poor against Southampton as result -and he looks poor today.
This is a very good post.

Interesting half. Linking up well in and around the box, but a combination of players being rusty and not knowing each other well enough has led to some misunderstandings in both attack and defence. West Brom deservedly level at the break.

Good half:

Eriksen - wonderful technique for the free kick, worked tirelessly to win the ball back when not in possession and moved the ball quickly and efficiently.
Walker - weird juggling on the edge of the penalty area aside, once again he dominated the space in front of him and made some marauding runs down the middle to boot.
Lloris - whatever the situation was regarding his rush out for Lambert's goal last week, his rush out denied Vydra an easy goal this week.

Decent half:

Rose - dealt fairly well with the few threats West Brom posed down the left, and got forward well.
Holtby - worked hard without really affecting the game much.
Soldado - ran tirelessly and constantly stretched the centre-backs with his inventive movement, but didn't have a sight of goal as a result.

Bad half:

Chiriches - gave the ball away four times at least, looked hesitant and unsure when challenging for the ball and was lost during the free kick that led to their equalizer.
Chadli - completely anonymous on the right.

Will be interesting to see what Tim does to counter West Brom's numerical superiority in the middle, which has more often than not forced Eriksen and Holtby into turnovers of possession without too much trouble. COYS!

West brom are a poor side and we've once again made them look half decent.

On chadli, only caught the end of the second half and I thought he was mire involved than siggy

I don't like the idea of sticking on a defensive midfielder because one of our centre half's is poor and 'needs protecting'

I'd say our biggest problem at home has been putting them away. Had we scored a fraction of our chances we'd have closed out a lot of games comfortably.

And today is another level of giving away chances - every time West Brom win the ball (and it isn't taking much winning) they're pretty much guaranteed a goal scoring chance.
What chances? We created hardly any under avb.

With Eriksen booked we need to bring him off for Capoue instead of Holtby and try and get some control of the midfield. I'd also take off one of the front two and bring Bentelab on. It's a game we need to grind out a result in.

Who on the bench can be our DM ? We need someone to sit in front of the back four I feel. I am not yet convinced by capoue.

I'm sure this style has its merits but I really, really, really hate it.

100 mph, lugging crosses into the box from deep, whacking passes into the front men so hard they can barely control it or do anything worth doing. No strategy bar just getting it forward as quickly as possible.

We may win, but I just do not like it. We don't look like a top professional team, we look like a bunch of school kids.

@OptaJoe: 8 - Tottenham have now gone eight Premier League games without a clean sheet. Stumble.

Sandro and Vertonghen should be back next month shouldn't they?!

[video=dailymotion;x18vqbp]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18vqbp_goal-eriksen-tottenham-1-0-west-bromwich-26-12-2013-highlights_sport?start=8[/video] =D>

Who said that?

Well, you and Indospur. He said that we can't keep the ball all the time and you asked why not. The possession we do have isn't controlled but it is very difficult in a top level football match for one team to have more of the ball than we're having at the moment.

(Sorry, just realised I said on purpose). Didn't mean on purpose, just mean people saying we're giving up possession vs what we had before. We're certainly less controlled than before but the possession stat is the same.

Today is not much better at all

Game is made for AVB haters/lovers to be fair.

AVB Haters will be saying how much more exciting the past two games have been, scored 4 goals in the last 135 minutes of football.
AVB Lovers will be saying that this isnt as good as games under AVB as for all the "excitement" we're not controlling games etc.

Am I enjoying what I am seeing? In terms of a football match, yes. As a Spurs fan? Not really.

Push eriksen up and he won't have the space he's currently thriving in.

He can drop deep to get the ball whenever he wants . Things is there's no protection in front of the D-line.
Either Capoue or Bentaleb comes in should stay a bit deeper then Eriksen can focus more on attack.

Back