• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion - 26/12/13: 3pm

Why can't we have possession all the time? We have a good enough squad to keep the ball and avoid giving West Brom chances.

Lack of understanding to each other .
Eriksen has been everywhere in the first half while Holtby was faded out. I'd take him out and place either Bentaleb or Capoue , someone's got to protect the back 4 so we can push Eriksen a bit further up

Just seen that Veljkovic is on the bench, good move that IMO.

Good too that Nabil is still in the team - sends out a good signal.

We do look a bit lost but as with AVB - lots of new players and injuries. The huge change in the central midfield pairing is a tad difficult for the front men IMO.

Chiriches is having and absolute shocker... Looking a bit open but we're still running the game. Should win provided Chiriches doesn't keep playing for the wrong team.

Why can't we have possession all the time? We have a good enough squad to keep the ball and avoid giving West Brom chances.

I think it's not about possession so much, but we cannot seem to defend a lead. And if we do have 66% possession, we are very open, the number of times they cut us open. This'll be down to who can finish better.

Maybe bentelab is what we need. Someone who keeps it simple and keeps it flowing .

Capoue though. It's crying out for him

I think we did pretty well with lots of half chances and balls bouncing around their box - we had 5 men in the box LOADS of times and they just about intercepted or got a block on a good shot.

We haven't been great, but we do look threatening.

Of course playing with no DM and the out of sorts Dawson and Chiriches is very frightening as they can cut straight through us several times per game.

Rose needs to be careful about offside, he has played them onside a few times, he should be in front of the 'Church Doors'

we've been giving teams chances at the lane a lot this season. I doubt we will stop doing that with these gung ho tactics.

I'd say our biggest problem at home has been putting them away. Had we scored a fraction of our chances we'd have closed out a lot of games comfortably.

And today is another level of giving away chances - every time West Brom win the ball (and it isn't taking much winning) they're pretty much guaranteed a goal scoring chance.

Lack of understanding to each other .
Eriksen has been everywhere in the first half while Holtby was faded out. I'd take him out and place either Bentaleb or Capoue , someone's got to protect the back 4 so we can push Eriksen a bit further up

Push eriksen up and he won't have the space he's currently thriving in.

When we were playing the AVB high line Chriches had half a pitch to try and make up for dwelling on the ball and losing it -or more likely have Walker bale him out. Now we are playing deeper he has not time for rescuing his mistakes -but still wants to dwell on the ball. He looked poor against Southampton as result -and he looks poor today.

Back