• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS southampton

Absolutely. Dembele is new to the club so a certain subset of fans will always gloss over his performances but I have not been that impressed so far. I don't know what sort of player he is. Fulham fans tell me he is a defensive midfielder who is decent on the ball, but to be like that you need to be more of a passmaster pulling the strings from the back than breaking out of position dribbling around the opposition. I have wondered whether Dembele will come into his own if he isn't partnered with Sandro and can sit there and be disciplined. It's not easy to be one of two defensive midfielders and be expected to perform a box to box role when it's not really your thing. He certainly isn't an attacking midfielder or creative, but he has the quality to chip in with three or four goals a season from midfield I think.

:-s

What part do you disagree with, and why?

Not sure where to start, the fact you'd rather Huddlestone, or where you say he's not creative. He is a creative midfielder, just so happens he's also bloody good at tackling too and is pretty much a complete midfielder if he can add a few more goals a season to his CV....

I reckon Clint Dempsey reckons he is in 'Platoon' if you remember that film

He strides out with a weary, battle-hardened stare, 12 o'clock shadow, head bowed, ready to fight to the death

I just hope that Asian fella playing for Saints is Korean or Japanese or something, it could get gruesome

well, townsend has come on in previous games we've been leading and he hadn't done anything to warrant a game neither.

I disagree with that mate, I thought Townsend has always looked lively on his substitute cameos and usually creates something. I missed the first half of the game Thursday but Townsend was taken off and I saw Falque come on who did well so wouldn't mind seeing a bit of him either.....

Not sure where to start, the fact you'd rather Huddlestone, or where you say he's not creative. He is a creative midfielder, just so happens he's also bloody good at tackling too and is pretty much a complete midfielder if he can add a few more goals a season to his CV....

Based on what? No Fulham fan I have met says that was his role at Fulham. He played deep, won the ball and generally kept it simple. He had the odd blinding game dribbling around opponents but generally he sat back and broke up opposition attacks. He hasn't shown much creativity for us so far (and I admit it's early days) so what do you base your opinion on exactly?

to be fair, that wasn't one of his better efforts although he did hit the frame of the...stand and screen!

Hmm, that's what I mean about giving them encouragement... there was no need to gift them the ball, nor to head it back to Puncheon

That was like Gallas against Cheat$ki

You've got to get defensive headers wide or out of play, not straight to the edge of the box for the waiting midfielders

Based on what? No Fulham fan I have met says that was his role at Fulham. He played deep, won the ball and generally kept it simple. He had the odd blinding game dribbling around opponents but generally he sat back and broke up opposition attacks. He hasn't shown much creativity for us so far (and I admit it's early days) so what do you base your opinion on exactly?

I don't care what Fulham fan you have spoke to I'm judging what I have seen with my own eyes when I've seen him for Fulham, Spurs and Belgium. I don't know what you're watching, maybe you're mistaking Livermore for him or something I have no idea.....

I don't care what Fulham fan you have spoke to I'm judging what I have seen with my own eyes when I've seen him for Fulham, Spurs and Belgium. I don't know what you're watching, maybe you're mistaking Livermore for him or something I have no idea.....

I've also seen him play several times for Fulham, and I can't think of creativity. As it's so obvious to you, you must remember some specific moments where he created. Please can you share?

Back