• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS southampton

so you think hudd is better than dembele?

Absolutely. Dembele is new to the club so a certain subset of fans will always gloss over his performances but I have not been that impressed so far. I don't know what sort of player he is. Fulham fans tell me he is a defensive midfielder who is decent on the ball, but to be like that you need to be more of a passmaster pulling the strings from the back than breaking out of position dribbling around the opposition. I have wondered whether Dembele will come into his own if he isn't partnered with Sandro and can sit there and be disciplined. It's not easy to be one of two defensive midfielders and be expected to perform a box to box role when it's not really your thing. He certainly isn't an attacking midfielder or creative, but he has the quality to chip in with three or four goals a season from midfield I think.

I hope they carry on criticising Defoe. The amount of match threads where people have jumped on a certain player's back and then had to eat humble pie, I've lost count of....

so, excellent first half. Question is, will we do what we have done all season, play a game of two halfs, one good and one bad?

This is my only worry. Soton will get a rocket at HT, need to keep it tight first few mins, ride the anticipated storm, then get back to how we have just played.
Massive massive chance to be sat in 4th place tonight

The flack he receives is pretty embarrassing considering he is one of our players of the season at the mo.

One further...it's a total joke. Mindless slagging. All the clamour for Ade...attention all shoppers, Ade doesn't give a fudge!!!!!!!! Oh how I wish he did, but he doesn't!

Absolutely. Dembele is new to the club so a certain subset of fans will always gloss over his performances but I have not been that impressed so far. I don't know what sort of player he is. Fulham fans tell me he is a defensive midfielder who is decent on the ball, but to be like that you need to be more of a passmaster pulling the strings from the back than breaking out of position dribbling around the opposition. I have wondered whether Dembele will come into his own if he isn't partnered with Sandro and can sit there and be disciplined. It's not easy to be one of two defensive midfielders and be expected to perform a box to box role when it's not really your thing. He certainly isn't an attacking midfielder or creative, but he has the quality to chip in with three or four goals a season from midfield I think.

You've got to be kidding me.

#-o #-o#-o#-o #-o

Falque was on loan at saints wasn't he? Untested at premier league level so far don't see why he'd be given a chance or why some want him to be? What's he done to warrant coming on?

One further...it's a total joke. Mindless slagging. All the clamour for Ade...attention all shoppers, Ade doesn't give a fudge!!!!!!!! Oh how I wish he did, but he doesn't!

We should have offered Ade £40k per week and £150k per goal.

Good first half, but we could be doing better. If we really want to push on into the top 4 we need to be killing teams as meek as this. As good as we were and as controlled as we were we still look like we were in first gear for most of that half. I'd like to see us move that ball faster . Southapton are there for the taking and we could really score a few more. I hope AVB doesn't tell them to cruise through the second half. if this were united or arsenal they woud be ruthless, i would love to see us be as ruthless in the second half. COYS

Falque was on loan at saints wasn't he? Untested at premier league level so far don't see why he'd be given a chance or why some want him to be? What's he done to warrant coming on?

well, townsend has come on in previous games we've been leading and he hadn't done anything to warrant a game neither.

Back