• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

He just said every Prem pitch is 105m by 68m so can we all remember that please?

None of this "ooh it's a narrow pitch at XYZ" crap

COYS

The pitches are standard size, but where the ad hoardings are positioned varies considerably.

We press well, but that is more a question of energy, fitness and organisation. For me the key is what we do with the ball when we win it back.
We still need to keep the ball better and be more creative in the final third. The point is to score while you are still able to press. Otherwise, when our players tire and are unable to press we will get pegged back. Hopefully training will work on the keep ball aspect.

Bale has done nowt except glean yellows

It would be nice if he showed his class second half, he is our best player and should be reaming Simpson

Reaming? Is that a new chav word? I'd be giving Bale the ball regularly and telling him to get at Simpson. I'd take off Livermore and bring on Vertonghen to play defensive midfield. He is accomplished on the ball and yes, I know defensive midfield isn't his position BUT rather him than backpass Jenas.

have to say, am starting to feel like deferring to Kingdawson on EVERYTHING!!!!

Sigudsson is QUA-LI-TY!!!

but guess what , i just jinxed him..i know it.....

and if this is AVB's first game for us i have to say that his work is VERY impressive. his use of bale ...the positioning of sigurdsson both in attack and defense and so much more stuff. VERY good work for just one preseasons

Another 45 minutes like this and maybe people can stop slitting their wrists.

Like I said before this game - Even if we batter them I dont think it could mask the key gaps in our team. We still have the issue of Modric and the issue of a main striker.

Oh by the way I cant help think we need to get rid of either Sandra or Livermore (they have both played well) because of the yellow.

I also cant help but think we will tire.

Happy with the start, we do look as if were playing without a striker and a proper playmaker though...as you'd expect!

Also like seeing our manager animated, it's refreshing and I like how he's getting involved.

Decent first half, happy with that. On another day, with another ref, we could have been 2-0 up playing 10 men.
More of the same in the 2nd half

Very compact, few chances. Pressing well, but it's risky in this heat. The last 10mins I reckon we'll be hanging on.
Defoe looking decent, so is Sigg, Bale doing ok.
Need to stay awake, one goal will win this.

Back