• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Are we doing that "high line, press them in their half" thing? Doesn't really feel much like it to me.... we are a bit but not as worryingly as expected

Pressing much harder than we used to, especially since we're playing away. Has worked really well IMO, forcing Saudi Sportswashing Machine to give up possession a few times in dangerous positions, as well as long hoofs up the pitch. But of course it's also cost us two yellow cards for Sandro and Livermore due to over aggressiveness. I like it, will hopefully keep getting better as the lads gel into the new system.

He just said every Prem pitch is 105m by 68m so can we all remember that please?

None of this "ooh it's a narrow pitch at XYZ" crap

COYS

Very strange game. Both sides look unsettled. We are playing a kind of pressing game, but aren't able to keep the ball. for the most part Defoe is out of the game (although he had held it up well a couple of times). And there is still a surprising lot of ping pong passing and long balls -still it all takes time I suppose

Thats because both teams are crowding out and pressing hard in the centre. But we look better overall especially in our counter attacks and build up play.

We have been better team first half easily

Definitely all getting used to the new system etc

We definitely need two more players - midfield and striker.

Been impressed though.

Bale has done nowt except glean yellows

It would be nice if he showed his class second half, he is our best player and should be reaming Simpson

Pleased with that.

Pressed well, passed the ball around well. Apart from bae once of twice the defence has been fine, created 2-3 chances.

Only thing missing is a goal.

Well, it's nothing really unexpected when you look at the attacking performance- without Modric, we lack guile in the middle, and without Ade, a focal point up top. Ergo, we struggled, even though we hit the post and the bar.

I was pleasantly surprised by our defence, though. It was set out deeper than AVB's previous back-lines in the friendlies, and dealh with Ba and Cisse easily. Our pressing in midfield also warrants a mention.

Overall, it's about as good as we could have expected. Roll on the second half. COYS!

I too am very happy with our first half display at a place we're not usually our best. Pressing has been good, we have no hold up striker in Adebayor or pick the lock midfielder in Modric and we have been the better team, been VERY impressed with both Gallas and Kaboul who have been our best players. Hit the woodwork twice, we're getting there. I got a feeling if we do score it will be from a substitute, van der Vaart this is your moment..

Back