• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Nottingham Forest ***

Disgraceful performance from start to finish! The only one who can hold his head high is Forster. The rest have been diabolical.
But it's on Conte as well!
You can see it with Spence. He wants to make things happen, but you can see he's been shackled and restrained, and told to play in a specific way.
It shows with the others too. It's labored and it looks like there is little to no room for creativity and being spontaneous. The slow boring pattern has to be followed.
Absolutely this.
I don't ever remember being so disappointed in a season. The 150 mill on top of what we'd usually have to spend, the way we were getting business done early, the way last season ended, the fact we had one of the best 4 or 5 managers on the planet who had a whole pre season and we have been terrible all season, shockingly bad and it's on Conte. fudge I am so angry at that brick show!!

They wouldn't suck out and kill every tiny bit of creativity, joy and spontanuity from every single player!
Agreed.
My point though is no matter who is in charge we never achieve anything, apart from losing semi finals and finals...

We could give the cups our undivided attention but we're still coming up against a team better than us at some point- i don't know why there is this narrative that going for top 4 is a choice vs going for the cups
I don’t understand your point? We played the strongest players we had available other than Bentancur only getting a half so the cup was getting our attention, this wasn’t being sacrificed for the league. It is the poor performance that is being complained about, that team was more than strong enough to beat Forest reserves….

Fair play mate, we will have to disagree. Call me old fashioned, but just for once I’d like us to win something. And we won’t be winning any other cup, this was our best chance. I know we could still win the prestigious ‘getting in the top 4 trophy’ but just for once I’d like to see some silverware beyond the Audi Cup….

Yeah I get it. I'd love a cup final and a trophy but, to be honest, I got little out of the 1999 and 2008 wins and they did next to nothing for us. So I won't lose much sleep over tonight. We've as much chance of winning the FA Cup.

A never ending circle of nothing, year after year. If Conte can't get this club where we want it to be I don't know if we'll ever be successful. Something has gone seriously wrong so far this season, I really thought with the new additions plus the strong finish to last season we'd really push on but instead we seem to be going backwards.

Word for word that I would have posted. I was so optimistic with the signings we made but it seems our performances keep getting worse and worse. I know its only the league cup but that was dreadful. We have so many players that are not top 4 quality, but it would probably take any manager anothe 4 or 5 transfer windows to sort this shambles out.
The most aggravating thing for me is I laughed when the Goons appointed Arteta but it shows that if a manager is backed and the board buys the players the manager wants it can change things. Trouble is every time the manager and backroom staff change its a new start everytime. A new manager comes in and wants to get rid of the players the previous manager got in. Its a never ending circle.
We keep hold of players for so long when its clear that they do not fit in or are not the quality we need. There are so many that need shipping out but Levy will not take the financial hit on them.
We should have played 6 or 7 acadamy players from the start tonight and seen what they could do. Look at Liverpools line up tonight. If they go out no one will slag them off

He needs to throw himself out of one of them. Preferably one very high up.
Defenestration for Conte eh. I think the team could probably do a better job managing themselves at the moment. At least they might feel some responsibility to perform better

Yeah I get it. I'd love a cup final and a trophy but, to be honest, I got little out of the 1999 and 2008 wins and they did next to nothing for us. So I won't lose much sleep over tonight. We've as much chance of winning the FA Cup.
Ah well, I enjoyed that final against Chelsea it was a great day out and feeling. We are the only club of the ‘big 6’ that doesn’t win anything and if we truly want to be seen as a big club you have to win trophies. I can’t think of any other big club that doesn’t?
The big teams play more reserves and kids in the league cup than the FA Cup other than the semi final and final so this is our best chance. Unless you mean we have zero chance in the FA Cup aswell, then I agree! Disappointing night….

I don’t understand your point? We played the strongest players we had available other than Bentancur only getting a half so the cup was getting our attention, this wasn’t being sacrificed for the league. It is the poor performance that is being complained about, that team was more than strong enough to beat Forest reserves….

The point is in relation to how the cup argument is always framed to be a choice vs going for top 4. Your post reads, with the needless comment of 'prestigious top 4 trophy' that you think that also?

I want to win trophies, i also want us to be competing in the CL and going for that trophy too

The point is in relation to how the cup argument is always framed to be a choice vs going for top 4. Your post reads, with the needless comment of 'prestigious top 4 trophy' that you think that also?
The top 4 trophy was referring to the fact we never win anything so have to include that as an ‘achievement’. It’s clearly not a choice of top 4 v cup here as Conte did not play a weakened team….

Another away trek that I wish I hadn’t bothered with.

I think we are the most cowardly team in the PL and probably quite a long way beyond. So many defensive players in our team compounded further by them being given such little license to go forward until we’re 2-0 down. The manager needs to rethink his tactics IMO.

Another away trek that I wish I hadn’t bothered with.

I think we are the most cowardly team in the PL and probably quite a long way beyond. So many defensive players in our team compounded further by them being given such little license to go forward until we’re 2-0 down. The manager needs to rethink his tactics IMO.

You deserve a medal for travelling away from home at the minute. Hope your journey home is smooth.

Back