• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

I'd be happy if he was on the bench, shows we aren't rushing him back.

better that than sitting in the treatment room. did I hear that Kaboul had a set-back???

If yaya is only 70% of how he was in first half in fa semi then I feel the worst - yet maybe if manu win tomorrow some of the city players might lose some motivation???? knowing that top 4 is secure and title out of reach - complacency for them - hope they perform against us as they did southampton away.

better that than sitting in the treatment room. did I hear that Kaboul had a set-back???

If yaya is only 70% of how he was in first half in fa semi then I feel the worst - yet maybe if manu win tomorrow some of the city players might lose some motivation???? knowing that top 4 is secure and title out of reach - complacency for them - hope they perform against us as they did southampton away.

Grade one hamstring strain apparently.

Not so bothered. He's not going to be a key player in the run in if he's currently trying to get fit.

Not so bothered. He's not going to be a key player in the run in if he's currently trying to get fit.

Almost right. I did predict a couple of months back we would not see him in a Spurs shirt this season, well depends if you want to count an U21 shirt.

Almost right. I did predict a couple of months back we would not see him in a Spurs shirt this season, well depends if you want to count an U21 shirt.

I reckon we might see him for the final two games against Stoke and Sunderland. Grade one tear is minimal really, maybe a 7-10 day set back. If we are lucky he could make an appearance against Chelsea.

I always have a problem with this idea that you put a recovering player on the bench 'just in case' (unless its a cup final and final game of the season) - we did similarly with Lennon a month or two ago and then he came on and aggrevated his injury and missed more games.

The only time I think it makes sense is if the player has recovered but just isnt match fit. In Bale and Lennon's case this time, they'll still be somewhat match fit even if they cant last 90 mins. If their injury isnt fully recovered but we bring them on after an hour, we risk losing them for the season (and them being ineffective for the final 30 mins anyway as they're trying to protect an injutry)

Lets face it, in all likelihood, the only instance in which they wouldnt come on is if we're winning, and therefore they're more likely to come on than not...the downside of losing them for subsequent weeks is too big in my view to have them involved unless the injury is properly recovered

Was Kabouls a knee reconstruction? If so they probably used some of his hamstring to make the new ligament which means the affected hamstring is very susceptible to minor tears unless carefully managed.

Was Kabouls a knee reconstruction? If so they probably used some of his hamstring to make the new ligament which means the affected hamstring is very susceptible to minor tears unless carefully managed.

I don't think we got much more information than 'knee surgery'. If we did i can't remember it.

If that's true - we should sell him asap while we can still extract some reasonable value

What a pleasant spring break it is proving for Spurs. Not only has the weather become kinder, last night’s outcome at the Emirates, in slowing the progress of both Arsenal and Everton towards a Champions League place, was just what Andre Villas-Boas would have wanted.

There was also enough intensity in the match to suggest that Arsenal might be a little leggy at Fulham on Saturday while Villas-Boas gives his rested players their final training session before the potentially crucial visit of Emirates Marketing Project to White Hart Lane the following day.

In essence the test Spurs face on Sunday is the one Everton passed: they have to look competitive in top-four terms. True, David Moyes’s team would never have ended the night with 11 men if it had been a Champions League match but the gamble on referee Neil Swarbrick came off.

Mention must also be made of Phil Jagielka, whose performance had the craft of Jamie Carragher plus pace and better feet — there could hardly be higher praise for a Premier League defender — but this was essentially a team uniting to meet an occasion and Spurs must do likewise against City if anti-climax is to be avoided.

Much, inevitably, depends on the fitness of Gareth Bale. But to portray Spurs as a one-man team rather simplifies the work of Villas-Boas. Their discipline as measured by fouls conceded — nine a match on average — has already been mentioned here but they also catch opponents offside more than any other club. And get the most shots on target.

Although the last of those statistics may be down to Bale, there is enough quality and organisation in the squad to trouble the retiring champions — if Spurs can match the Everton spirit.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/sport-comment/tottenham-must-get-stuck-in-like-the-toffees-to-taste-success-8576451.html

Have Dempsey, Ade and Bale missed their last Spurs pens? I can't remember but there's no obvious candidate... It's not like we have someone who gets to practice them as often as fat frank does!

Dempsey had a penalty saved against Norwich when we got knocked out of the League Cup. He scored 3 of 5 pens he took whilst at Fulham.

Adebayor scored from all 3 pens in the Premier League (technically 1 was saved by Foster but Ade scrambled home the rebound) plus 1 in the FA Cup last season.

Bale' only penalty for us, against Werder Bremen in 2010, was saved. He's scored 2 from 3 for Wales.

Defoe has only slotted home 1 of his last 6 penalties for Spurs, he's 8 from 14 in the Premier League over his career.

Huddlestone had a penalty saved against Bolton in 2010, don't think he's taken any others apart from the Europa shoot-out.

Sigurdsson scored 7 out of 8 pens for Reading, albeit they were playing in the Championship at the time.

:-k

It was a thigh strain on the official site - where did you hear it was a hamstring strain?

Younes Kaboul has today (Tuesday, April 16) been assessed after reporting discomfort in his thigh during last night's Barclays Under-21 Premier League fixture with Manchester United.

Scans have revealed a Grade One thigh strain and the France defender will now continue his rehabilitation with our medical team, who will monitor his progress

It was a thigh strain on the official site - where did you hear it was a hamstring strain?

Younes Kaboul has today (Tuesday, April 16) been assessed after reporting discomfort in his thigh during last night's Barclays Under-21 Premier League fixture with Manchester United.

Scans have revealed a Grade One thigh strain and the France defender will now continue his rehabilitation with our medical team, who will monitor his progress

Ah, thigh strain. I can't recall. Thought it was one of the news sites though.

Tottenham talisman Gareth Bale is a major doubt for Sunday’s crucial Premier League clash against Emirates Marketing Project.

Manager Andre Villas-Boas was hopeful the Wales winger would have recovered enough from an ankle injury sustained against Basle on April 4 to face Roberto Mancini’s side this weekend.

Spurs players returned to training yesterday after being given four days off, but Bale did not join the rest of his team-mates as he continued to have intensive treatment on the injury.

Spurs' medical team are working hard to have the star ready to return to training by the end of the week but his hopes of featuring against City appear to be fading.

Villas-Boas, though, will give Bale as long as possible to prove his fitness for the weekend given the player’s importance to his side, even if he only features on the bench.

But it is looking increasingly likely that the clash against Wigan on April 27 will be his return date.

Likewise, Aaron Lennon is also facing a race against time to be fit for the visit of the current Premier League champions.

The England winger also failed to make training yesterday, suffering with a knee injury.

Jermain Defoe, however, could have a chance to be fit for Sunday’s clash after missing the last three games through injury.

The England international stepped up his rehabilitation regime over the weekend whilst he was at the club’s Enfield training complex.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2310214/Gareth-Bale-losing-battle-fit-Manchester-City-clash.html

Tottenham talisman Gareth Bale is a major doubt for Sunday’s crucial Premier League clash against Emirates Marketing Project.

Manager Andre Villas-Boas was hopeful the Wales winger would have recovered enough from an ankle injury sustained against Basle on April 4 to face Roberto Mancini’s side this weekend.

Spurs players returned to training yesterday after being given four days off, but Bale did not join the rest of his team-mates as he continued to have intensive treatment on the injury.

The England winger also failed to make training yesterday, suffering with a knee injury.

Jermain Defoe, however, could have a chance to be fit for Sunday’s clash after missing the last three games through injury.

The England international stepped up his rehabilitation regime over the weekend whilst he was at the club’s Enfield training complex.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2310214/Gareth-Bale-losing-battle-fit-Manchester-City-clash.html

The England winger? They talking about Azza too?

Expecting Bale,Defoe and Lennon to all be fit and available for Sunday was always going to be a big ask.

Going to be a tough ask to get something from this game without them. Adebayor should be well up for it, just not too much though

I'd much rather they were all fit for Chelsea. Will be tough away at Stamford Bridge and that really could be THE game

Back