• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT- Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project*****

I think Gomes is the best shot-stopper we have and makes more "impossible" saves than perhaps any other keeper in World football.

But he's prone to do something utterly insane from time to time, which invariably costs us points.
His confidence is obviously brittle. But that year we finished fourth was probably the best keeping season we've had in a very long time. He was outstanding

His confidence is obviously brittle. But that year we finished fourth was probably the best keeping season we've had in a very long time. He was outstanding

That was indeed an outstanding season from Gomes; but he really undid all that good work with a series of mind-blowing ****-ups the next year. Tbh, Harry probably persisted with him for far too long. The Blackpool double-penanlty whammy summarised the genius-madness tightrope he walked that season. Crazy stuff.

He probably is the most naturally gifted keeper for sure, but the most ridiculously inconsistent.

That start doomed him. By the time Tony Parks was hired and Leitert given the sack, he had already made enough blunders to put the fans off him for good. 09/10 was his finest year, but he made mistakes there as well, and when they came back in force in 10/11, it merely re-affirmed what the fans expected from him. His start doomed him, which seems to be a common trait for goalkeepers' careers. A bit of a shame, since some of his saves will likely never be repeated by the rest of our GKs.

That was indeed an outstanding season from Gomes; but he really undid all that good work with a series of mind-blowing ****-ups the next year. Tbh, Harry probably persisted with him for far too long. The Blackpool double-penanlty whammy summarised the genius-madness tightrope he walked that season. Crazy stuff.

He probably is the most naturally gifted keeper for sure, but the most ridiculously inconsistent.

Desperately unlucky. He made the save, the corner came in, he went out to get it in his box but was actually impeded BY HIS OWN PLAYER (cannot remember which rookie it was, I want to say Jake) which would have been a foul had it been the toppos but the kid didn't know, and from that came the mistake. I thought he'd be our keeper for years. What eventually did him in (it seems) was 'that' moment at chelski, when the ball DID NOT CROSS THE LINE!

gotta go with friedel after that Lloris blunder. brad atm is the best keeper we have

Naughton contributed massively to that moment...as for Brad, does he not get recognized for his error last weekend against Wigan, or are we not allowed to mention it for fear of being instant 'haters'? (not aimed at any one specifically, a general comment/thought)...

Eh?
I think we are blessed with FOUR great keepers any of which I would be happy for to start. Ideally our outfield players should be ensuring our keepers do as little as possible.

With regards to the old keeping out the new thing I think a more pressing concern is when we bite the bullet with Gallas.

Thanks for your contribution. Who was our goalie when we qualified for ECL?

Desperately unlucky. He made the save, the corner came in, he went out to get it in his box but was actually impeded BY HIS OWN PLAYER (cannot remember which rookie it was, I want to say Jake) which would have been a foul had it been the toppos but the kid didn't know, and from that came the mistake. I thought he'd be our keeper for years. What eventually did him in (it seems) was 'that' moment at chelski, when the ball DID NOT CROSS THE LINE!

Hey Steff,

I'm pretty sure the ball did cross actually8-[ but it shouldn't have got to that pount for sure. The Blackpool one was just crazy, really crazy. I don't think i've seen such a crazy period of 60 seconds (perhaps the Manure 99 CL win?),

Also, remember his ****-ups against Ronaldo in both CL Q/F games? And the WHL Chelski game (again imcluding a wonderful penalty save?).

I personaly think the Ronaldo slip at the lane did it for him ultimately.

Hey Steff,

I'm pretty sure the ball did cross actually8-[ but it shouldn't have got to that pount for sure. The Blackpool one was just crazy, really crazy. I don't think i've seen such a crazy period of 60 seconds (perhaps the Manure 99 CL win?),

Also, remember his ****-ups against Ronaldo in both CL Q/F games? And the WHL Chelski game (again imcluding a wonderful penalty save?).

I personaly think the Ronaldo slip at the lane did it for him ultimately.

hello mate

it didn't cross the line, honest guv!
Yes, I remember the pen save and mistake...
we could debate goalkeeping all day long, but pound for pound i believe he saved us more than we will know, especially in the CL qualifying season...
steff

hello mate

we could debate goalkeeping all day long, but pound for pound i believe he saved us more than we will know, especially in the CL qualifying season...
steff

Agreed.

You confident about tomorrow?

No idea why but I am starting to think I want Dawson to play tomorrow just for the do or die attitude, the fact he'll put his head on anything and body on the line. Him and Vertonghen at centre half for some steel and style (or Caulker and Verts at left back). We can beat United at Old Trafford, we can honestly beat anyone away in the Premier League.

Sure we had a Dembele/Sandro partnership, but we still won. We still scored 3 goals at Old Trafford and beat Man Utd away for the first time in 540 years. We CAN beat City tomorrow. Come on you fudging Spurs.

I also want to see Dawson in the starting lineup. Guess it wont happen though. A little bit concerned that Gallas will cost us.

Emirates Marketing Project used to be our fortress away from home. Those were times when we had such an excellent record there that we would be assured of 3 points there. But we have lost that record recently, losing our last 2 league matches there. It is now up to AVB and the team to get back that record. They have a stronger team nowadays. But we have already beat ManU away, breaking our 23 year jinx there. So, there is no reason whatsover why we cannot beat ManCity. But wish Dembele is fit as we are much weaker without him.

I think our key players will be Bale and Defoe. When they play well, we do so as well. We need both to be at their best against City. But you have to be worried about them being tired as both played against Maribor. Bale scored a magnificent goal against City last season. It will be great if he can score a goal or two again this time. After scoring the hattrick against Maribor, hope Defoe will be fired up to continue his goal run.

Just can't see our defence keeping a clean sheet in this match as they have too many quality attacking players. Just hope the defence won't do any silly errors like against Maribor. You have to be worried about our centre midfield if Dembele and Sandro are still out. Hudd, Carroll or Livermore just won't be any match for their midfield. Just hope Dembele and Sandro will be fit, somehow.

Our away form has been better than the home form this season. As the win over ManU showed, we can beat any team if we played to our real potential. ManCity are the defending league champions but have been struggling for form recentlyl. So, we need no motivation to do well against them. A draw will be a good result but we need to beat them if we want to challenge for honours this season.

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we will get back one or two of the injured players, especially Dembele and Sandro. But doesn't matter how we play as long as we win !

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we will get back one or two of the injured players, especially Dembele and Sandro. But doesn't matter how we play as long as we win !

Unless AVB has been telling fairy tales to the press there's no chance of Dembele being ready. Sandro is a doubt according to what AVB has said.

No other injury or team selection news being reported, but AVB seems to keep these things close to the chest so there could always be something unexpected, unlikely to know with any certainty until the team is released 45 minutes before the game.

I think Dembele and Sandro wont make it, we are due a good performance why cant it be this afternoon, if we can get something from this game it would set us up nicely for the xmas period with players returning etc.

hello mate

steff

Indeed Steff, there is no way it crossed the line, but the shot was so weak that he never should have given the assistant any chance of making that mistake.

Overall I'm glad he isn't playing anymore. As others have said, superb shot stopper at times - the 2-1 Danny Rose game v Arsenal sticks in my mind for when he made some outrageously good saves - but there is nothing more frustrating than leaving a game blaming a should-be-routine-save that ended up going in the back of the net for a loss, and that happened all too often with Gomes.

Thanks for your contribution. Who was our goalie when we qualified for ECL?

Dude that was then, since then Gomes has blotted his copy book in a big way, and that was why Harry played Cudicini ahead of Gomes last season. And you mentioned FOUR great keepers, so are you implying that Cudicini is a great keeper? Really?

The fact is Cudicini has never been a great keeper for us, at best he has been good, but never good enough to be first choice. Gomes was great for a while, despite his blunders, but his greatness as a Spurs player is in the past

By the way Huddlestone was a key player when we made the ECL, would you know call him great?

Back