• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Borussia Dortmund - 2nd leg

I love Erik Lamela. Credit to Poch for finally bringing out the player we knew was in there. Hopefully next season he will add a few more goals.

Sadly it has not been a competitive fixture over both legs, it has just come at the wrong point in the season for us to commit players to the game. I'd be interested in seeing how we did against them if we got them in the Champions League group stage. I think that they'd still beat us three times out of four but I think that it'd be more even.

I don't think it would be much different, I don't see our options as much of a step down at all, the player rotation since the start of last season and the flat graph of our results suggest we are consistent no matter who plays

Dortmund are just brilliant

Sadly it has not been a competitive fixture over both legs, it has just come at the wrong point in the season for us to commit players to the game. I'd be interested in seeing how we did against them if we got them in the Champions League group stage. I think that they'd still beat us three times out of four but I think that it'd be more even.
Perhaps, but their passing is miles above us. Theirs is inch perfect, and allows the reciever to pick it up running and playing one touch. Our is often 1 meter behind, forcing the reciever to stop, take another touch, and get pressured instantly. Makes a big big difference.

17th March 2016 - disappointment as Spurs go out of Europe.

23rd June 2016 - joy as UK goes out of Europe.

So, a bit of a run out for some of our lads ahead of the weekend ? Also, get a feel what level of competition we'll be facing again next year (fingers, legs, eyes all crossed).

All good, despite the scoreline. CL qualification still our main goal this season I feel, anything above would be a big fat luverly, juverly BONUS.

Yes I'd love us to put up more of a fight - but let's look at the bigger picture shall we ? Back to getting a W and 3 points on Sunday, #COYS !!!

I think we all have to remember where we are as a club, where we were before Poch came in, and what we are en route to achieving. It looks like, for the first time in our Premier League history, we will have the opportunity to buy world class players where we need them to augment the brilliant young talent we are bringing through. Alli was at MK fudging Dons last season!!!!! Not so long ago, Tripper was at Burnley!!!! Etc, etc...the press jumped all over this tie. I didn't want it and didn't like it. Too soon. But a great learning experience given what we had to do with it. The big league next season, renewed knowledge, and hopefully a couple of top, top additions and a couple of upgrades. COYS

So you would have preferred an even weaker team?
I would.The line-up in both matches were wrong in my opinion. Poch should have decided if we were going for it or not. Neither all in or all out.

I'm not disappointed that we are out of Europe now as it means less matches, it's just that this tie told me nothing about where we are. Ultimately it was two rather pointless matches really.

Apart from the obvious candidates, what other players do you rate at the club?
Pretty much everyone, but Carroll hasn't impressed me once,and I don't see a hidden potential either. What is he good at? I just don't see it. He'd probably be a nice fit for, say a Bournemouth, Watford, but not for us.

Perhaps, but their passing is miles above us. Theirs is inch perfect, and allows the reciever to pick it up running and playing one touch. Our is often 1 meter behind, forcing the reciever to stop, take another touch, and get pressured instantly. Makes a big big difference.

They are a very good side, we are clearly a level or two below. I think that with a full strength side and a bit of luck, we would make a bit more of a game of it but as I said, I still think that they would win three games out of four.

I do not think that there is anything to be ashamed of though, they are years ahead of us in terms of their development. They have a settled side, with mature players and have been playing in a similar way for a while.

I was very impressed with the movement of Dortmund's players. it is the same with Barcelona. Accurate and quick passing is vital, but so is constant movement, in numbers, to create passing opportunities. They are a very impressive side, going forward and in defence, and there is no shame in being beaten by them. (Disappointment of course).

So, a bit of a run out for some of our lads ahead of the weekend ? Also, get a feel what level of competition we'll be facing again next year (fingers, legs, eyes all crossed).

All good, despite the scoreline. CL qualification still our main goal this season I feel, anything above would be a big fat luverly, juverly BONUS.

Yes I'd love us to put up more of a fight - but let's look at the bigger picture shall we ? Back to getting a W and 3 points on Sunday, #COYS !!!

you can get a long way in the CL before you play a side half as good as that

Back