• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Qarabag *** 26/9/24 at 8pm.

Absolutely. Struggled a bit defensively, though was often quite exposed. But on the ball he has something really special. Paired with good physical attributes. If he keeps developing he's gonna be some player.
Decent with the ball at times though coughed up possession a lot at the end. He was skinned on the outside a half a dozen times at least. He might have been better showing the player inside but the centre was a big marshmallow too so who knows.

I see Rangers won tonight too, seems like we have a tough ""group"" of teams to face.
Roma drew with Athletic Club.
I clicked on them and note that Yuri Berchiche played left back for them. Hadn't heard of him since he left Spurs about 15 years ago. 34 now!
Yeah I thought so straight after the draw. The pundits agreed tonight.
Hoffenheim and Rangers away. Roma. Az Alkmaar not too bad. Not as easy as some , by any means.
Edit : Havent we got Galatasary away as well ?
If so , we really have got some tough games.

Last edited:
I thought overall this was a fine performance, showing that the squad have developed that edge of 'fudge you' which i think is going to prove vital.

Not sure why pundits are so negative. We play to score goals! The sitter they missed first-half was offside, the pen was not a poen, they did miss a couple for sure but we missed a couple too.

As for Sonny, whatever anyone wants to say about him and systems, it's another assist tonight and he consistently occupied 2-3 Quarabaggers.

We did not play as well as I had hoped but we got an outstanding result, I can never remember a team playing with 10 players for 90 minutes winning 3-0. This was a very inexperienced team at this competition, only Davies in defence has played more than 1 game in European cup football, in midfield Sarr and Bergvall had 1 game between them, Solanke 5 and Johnson 0.

I'm always banging on about modern fans only being interested in results but I must admit I'm wrong they're only interested in moaning.

I read all the prophets of doom that "a good team will hammer us" and we are naive but I've just watched 3/4 years of pragmatic football with amazing tactical winning managers and been bored stiff and won s.f.a. and been beaten by inferior teams.

I just can't I imagine many other clubs fans being so negative about their club after a result like that.

We did not play as well as I had hoped but we got an outstanding result, I can never remember a team playing with 10 players for 90 minutes winning 3-0. This was a very inexperienced team at this competition, only Davies in defence has played more than 1 game in European cup football, in midfield Sarr and Bergvall had 1 game between them, Solanke 5 and Johnson 0.

I'm always banging on about modern fans only being interested in results but I must admit I'm wrong they're only interested in moaning.

I read all the prophets of doom that "a good team will hammer us" and we are naive but I've just watched 3/4 years of pragmatic football with amazing tactical winning managers and been bored stiff and won s.f.a. and been beaten by inferior teams.

I just can't I imagine many other clubs fans being so negative about their club after a result like that.
We could have drawn or lost. We were vulnerable at the back. We didn't play as well as we could have.

All of that is true and it's also true that we showed some good stuff, both with our play and with our mentality.

Playing with 10 men. We probably did have our best front three given our injuries at least, but at the back and in midfield we made quite a few changes.

Of course we looked vulnerable at times. Who didn't expect us to when we went down to 10 men... What team wouldn't be unless just sitting back, and like you I'm so happy that's not our default strategy.

Ange has come a long way in football management. An almost unheard of long way. He hasn't come this far by being naive.

One of the most pleasing things for me about last night was reading and listening to pundits on radio and BBC website and see their predictions that we would lose the game if we didn't shut up shop and hold on to our goal. It appears to me the media is full of people who believe the only way to win is not to let in goals when it's obvious to every primary school kid the only way to win is to score more goals than your opponents.

Have to say the travelling was as bad as I’ve ever experienced
But as I wasn’t driving it meant a few more beers (with the delay)
I thought we were brave and also a little naive
But that is a great result in the circumstances
Some outstanding effort from the team and also some real confidence boosts for some too

I was out all eveing so wasn't even following this until i started my journey home around 10pm...checked phone, WTF is this??
Man sent off before 10 minutes, yet we were 3-0 up??? Plus phone app said match still had 15 minutes to go, at 10pm?? Is my app glitching??

Got home and saw that game had been delayed so it was all true!
Ten men? Win? Keep clean sheet??

What sorcery was this?????

COYFS

I'm going to this one, my first time at the new stadium so proper excited. I'm dragging the wife along who is, fair to say, less excited.

Definitely see us starting a few who haven't played as often ie Dragusin, Davies, Werner etc
What was your wife’s verdict? Is she now a lillywhite?

Hope people got home at a decent hour last night. I work in Enfield and all trains to WHL were cancelled last night so had to get a bus to Edmonton Green then walk the rest of the way to the ground. Then the 21:54 train back to Enfield was cancelled so made the decision to leave just before half time as the next train after wasn’t until 22:22 and didn’t want to risk that one being cancelled as well. All in all, a very frustrating evening which got better as at least we won and I actually got home before 11 which was a bonus but not the best visit.

One of the most pleasing things for me about last night was reading and listening to pundits on radio and BBC website and see their predictions that we would lose the game if we didn't shut up shop and hold on to our goal. It appears to me the media is full of people who believe the only way to win is not to let in goals when it's obvious to every primary school kid the only way to win is to score more goals than your opponents.

Both approaches are fine. As long as it's something that fits with the players on the pitch and with the overall strategy of the team.

But for sure had we lost or drawn (after going ahead) the questions would be asked by the media and by fans of why didn't Ange sit back more.

The opposite would almost never happen. If a manager chooses to sit back and play long in circumstances like that they won't get many questions about why they didn't play with more "risk", play their own game.

But there's a risk with both (and all) approaches. I don't think most pundits or fans are particularly good at evaluating what brings more risk and benefits. From the media it's mostly just the same narrative stuff.

Subbing on Kulusevski was a really good move. But again, had we lost it would have been about why he didn't change the shape, bring on another central midfielder instead etc. Had a manager done that and lost there would be no questions about why not keeping the three forward system.

Decent with the ball at times though coughed up possession a lot at the end. He was skinned on the outside a half a dozen times at least. He might have been better showing the player inside but the centre was a big marshmallow too so who knows.
Thought he was much more than decent on the ball. His ability to keep the ball and get past players in tight areas is way up there imo.

The amount of times he got skinned on the outside is a concern if it continues to be a trend and he keeps playing as a full back.

Back