• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Qarabag *** 26/9/24 at 8pm.

Absolutely. Struggled a bit defensively, though was often quite exposed. But on the ball he has something really special. Paired with good physical attributes. If he keeps developing he's gonna be some player.
Very good on the ball, looks very comfortable. I wonder where he'll end up playing. Thought he was brought in as a midfielder. He looks like he has the potential to be special.

Seems folk on the BBC website not happy either.....any positives at all in our play?
Terrible defensively, but otherwise I thought we played well. Some nice attacking moves, players worked their socks off, 3 goals scored, we scored from a corner and it's now 3 wins in a row. Plenty of positives.

Fortunately, Qarabag had just gotten fresh shots of the anti goal scoring vaccines.

For a while I thought they were just really bad, but by the end I think we must have just up a fair amount of luck as well. With Spurs that is definitely something that can happen.

Very good on the ball, looks very comfortable. I wonder where he'll end up playing. Thought he was brought in as a midfielder. He looks like he has the potential to be special.
Too early to say and probably depends somewhat on the system being played. That versatility is really useful and should help him get games too.

me too

yes it was

didn't we also unveil Defoe before KO?
I actually can`t remember Defoe being unveiled. I can`t remember the goals either. It must be my Spurs supporting brains way of coping with some of the horror I have witnessed down the years. Mind you I have seen some great times as well.

I actually can`t remember Defoe being unveiled. I can`t remember the goals either. It must be my Spurs supporting brains way of coping with some of the horror I have witnessed down the years. Mind you I have seen some great times as well.
Did we not play an utterly mad north London Derby soon after where Defoe scored 4 but we still lost? Or am I making that up?

One thing I will say is that leaving our defensive woes aside, having seen a few games now, I'm convinced that if Solanke stays fit, he's going to score a tonne in this system.
He's built to score in and around the six yard box, and has scored two near identical goals now - shot parried and he follows in. Great instincts and add to that the fact that he runs for fun the rest of the time, I can see why Ange wanted him over Toney.

He's a team player, and if we ever actually work out how to do what Ange wants with getting balls into the corridor of uncertainty across the six yard box, he'll get even more.

On that, I wonder if we need to play son in a ten role and have another winger out left. Sonny doesn't look to be ange's type of winger in the same way Kulu wasn't on the right last season. I really don't see his contribution as positive overall at the moment, he's running down blind allies and getting caught on the ball a lot. A couple of weeks out injured might give him a rest if that's the outcome of tonight, which might be good for him.

He's built to score in and around the six yard box, and has scored two near identical goals now - shot parried and he follows in. Great instincts and add to that the fact that he runs for fun the rest of the time, I can see why Ange wanted him over Toney.

He's a team player, and if we ever actually work out how to do what Ange wants with getting balls into the corridor of uncertainty across the six yard box, he'll get even more.

On that, I wonder if we need to play son in a ten role and have another winger out left. Sonny doesn't look to be ange's type of winger in the same way Kulu wasn't on the right last season. I really don't see his contribution as positive overall at the moment, he's running down blind allies and getting caught on the ball a lot. A couple of weeks out injured might give him a rest if that's the outcome of tonight, which might be good for him.
Yep. Not sure Ange wants his wingers to do what Son naturally wants to do, which is drift inside. Johnson is similar to Solanke a player that definitely fits his ethos on paper in terms of what he wants. Think Johnson will easily have a double digit season this year also the way he's picked up in the last week or so.

I think he held on to it too long at times. In the PL he'd have gotten skinned. But showed some nice skill too. He's a kid, so good learning experience

watch the game on tv, came across quite, so if anyone was there, was it? or just tnt having no mikes around pitch?
My first stream was on BT and it sounded really loud, then I went to a TNT stream and it sounded super quiet. So it does depend a LOT on where the mics are and what volume they use versus the commentators.

Back