• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC ***

There were a few people (one poster) who said he didn’t even notice Kulu in the game
I thought the addition of him in midfield was the game changer for us

People often didn't notice Carrick, Modric or Dembele.

Not saying his performance put him in that bracket, he just got on with what he needed to do. I'm sure Bissouma wouldn't have been noticed by some of he didn't score.

There were a few people (one poster) who said he didn’t even notice Kulu in the game
I thought the addition of him in midfield was the game changer for us
I think he gives us something different and there aren’t many players like him around. There’s been some negativity towards him of late but I would hate to see him being let go.

A lot of people only see game on screen and have no idea how much work players do off ball and covering, my grandson who plays regularly always says football is easy when you're sitting 40 yards back in the 20th row.

I don't want to turn this into an opportunity to dump on BJ, but I was surprised when Kulu came off and Johnson stayed on.

I am guessing Ange likes Johnson because he can "stretch the field", as they say in the NFL.
I was surprised Maddison didn’t go off and kulu didn’t move into that position

That was the move for me as Maddison can’t/doesn’t last 90 mins

Part of the reason fans got on Kulus back at the end of last season, was probably because he was overplayed. The furthest running often in games he lost some zip at the backend of the season. And fickle fans forgot how effective he was at the start of the season.

So happy to see Ange take rotate him. His balance and ability is second only to Son. A key attacking player for us.

I don't want to turn this into an opportunity to dump on BJ, but I was surprised when Kulu came off and Johnson stayed on.

I am guessing Ange likes Johnson because he can "stretch the field", as they say in the NFL.
I think subs were as much about profiles (as you say, stretch play) and about current fitness levels as anything else.

Often subs will be "player not performing well, taken off". But that may not always be the case, and particularly with a fairly comfortable lead.

I think subs were as much about profiles (as you say, stretch play) and about current fitness levels as anything else.

Often subs will be "player not performing well, taken off". But that may not always be the case, and particularly with a fairly comfortable lead.
Agreed
And Ange does seem to like some players for some positions for sure

[Opta Analyst] Yves Bissouma's goal for Tottenham vs Everton on Saturday came following a sequence of 21 passes - the longest in the 2024-25 Premier League so far. 21 passes, 58-second move, 8 different players involved​

zwtaf4pn00ld1.jpeg

[Opta Analyst] Yves Bissouma's goal for Tottenham vs Everton on Saturday came following a sequence of 21 passes - the longest in the 2024-25 Premier League so far. 21 passes, 58-second move, 8 different players involved​

zwtaf4pn00ld1.jpeg
Said it at the time, that it was an exceptional goal

I don't know if it has been mentioned in media but I thought Son acted incredibly well when scoring his first goal, most players would have taken the opportunity to go down for penalty and probal sending off of keeper, of course in that split second he might have realised that VAR would not give it and he would be booked.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been mentioned in media but I thought Son acted incredibly well when scoring his first goal, most players would have taken the opportunity to go down for penalty and probal sending off of keeper, of course in that split second realised he might have realised that VAR would not give it and he would be booked.
Sterling would have gone down before he reached Pickford.

Still would have gotten the pen though....

Back