• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC ***

This was the 1st home game of the seasons I've missed for over for over 30 odd years and the 1st my grandson went without me or his dad. He enjoyed the experience as he went with a mate the only downside was using public transport
Did anyone else go through Liverpool Street yesterday? We got on a train at 12.45pm, but it looked like every other train after that to WHL was cancelled…? Was that right? Standing having a pint in the stadium it looked like thousands were still flooding down from the station.

I don't know why people don't seem to trust him getting back to scoring. He always has, just like Harry did. He has some weak run of games from time to time, but he always gets back to business. That is why we never should make a wedding when he scores or a funeral when he doesn't. We should not doubt his ability, he has earned at least that much from us. Last year's "unconvincing season" finished with 17 goals and 10 assists. Would love for everyone to have a season like that.
Yeah that's fair. But Son remains a big conundrum, because against better teams than Everton of which most of the league are, he can't play the CF role - you only have to see Solankes debut to see how it should look. And on the wing he doesn't have the same impact anymore, especially with how Ange wants his wingers to hug the touchline. The stats you quote from last season are mainly from him at CF. He is still a great finisher - that can't be disputed so there should be a role for him to play.

But it's going to take more than scoring a couple of goals against an awful and injury depleted Everton team to convince that all is well and good....

I know I am in the minority here but I think Odobert was only marginally better than Johnson. Yes he can beat a man or two but often follow with little end product. He also gave away the ball in dangerous area. That pass to the middle straight to opposition in our own half was shocking.

That free kick just outside their area - I thought Son should have taken it?

The third goal - I would give as much credit to Pickford as Maddison and Cuti. It was too close to their goal any half decent goalkeeper would have intervened and denied it.

All in all Pickford gifted us 2 goal and we got a somewhat flattering scoreline.
Give it a rest.

Yeah that's fair. But Son remains a big conundrum, because against better teams than Everton of which most of the league are, he can't play the CF role - you only have to see Solankes debut to see how it should look. And on the wing he doesn't have the same impact anymore, especially with how Ange wants his wingers to hug the touchline. The stats you quote from last season are mainly from him at CF. He is still a great finisher - that can't be disputed so there should be a role for him to play.

But it's going to take more than scoring a couple of goals against an awful and injury depleted Everton team to convince that all is well and good....
He might still be a great option wide
He can’t play CF against any low block side
We would need a worldie to open them up like yesterday
But… son was brilliant yesterday
He worked his arse off and his first goal was brilliant because he made it

Did anyone else go through Liverpool Street yesterday? We got on a train at 12.45pm, but it looked like every other train after that to WHL was cancelled…? Was that right? Standing having a pint in the stadium it looked like thousands were still flooding down from the station.
Trains were cancelled briefly because of a signal failure but quickly were back on
Delay was about 15 minutes

I know I am in the minority here but I think Odobert was only marginally better than Johnson. Yes he can beat a man or two but often follow with little end product. He also gave away the ball in dangerous area. That pass to the middle straight to opposition in our own half was shocking.

That free kick just outside their area - I thought Son should have taken it?

The third goal - I would give as much credit to Pickford as Maddison and Cuti. It was too close to their goal any half decent goalkeeper would have intervened and denied it.

All in all Pickford gifted us 2 goal and we got a somewhat flattering scoreline.
I don't agree. You can see the potential with Odobert. With more time and knowing his teammates, you will see more. The times I saw him lose the ball, he overestimated his speed and acceleration.

I don't agree. You can see the potential with Odobert. With more time and knowing his teammates, you will see more. The times I saw him lose the ball, he overestimated his speed and acceleration.
He also switched feet a few times and his passing wasn’t as tidy
He had a great debut
But of Lennon but of Dalmat

We got the 1.09pm to Northumberland Park, was 10 carriages and totally empty

My main take away was how much was happening for the Bissouma goal, it must be very disorientating for opposing defences. Also VdV is a magnificent footballer.
Kulusevski as an 8 really gives us another dimension. And gives the right winger more quality support. Not sure about what kind of games that will be seen as an option for (from the start), but it's a good option to have for sure.

Absolutely. He's a dribble, he will lose the ball. But also a good combination player.

For 19 year old making his full debut a week after he signed I'm not sure what more we should/could expect.

I didn't mention potential. I didn't say he was bad I said he was marginally better than Johnson. He may have room for improvement but in this game alone it was an ok performance. A 6 out of 10 for me.

Would have been great to meet up for a pint yesterday. We travelled down from Nottinghamshire to roosterfosters only to find the tube closed between there and Wood Green. An hour on a bus rail replacement service followed by the shuttle to the ground. Nightmare, only got in at 2.45. Absolute pain.

Kulusevski as an 8 really gives us another dimension. And gives the right winger more quality support. Not sure about what kind of games that will be seen as an option for (from the start), but it's a good option to have for sure.

Absolutely. He's a dribble, he will lose the ball. But also a good combination player.

For 19 year old making his full debut a week after he signed I'm not sure what more we should/could expect.
Kulu was the huge change yesterday
Meant we attacked down both sides
Sarr invariably ends up covering midfield much much more than Maddison which means we end up wonky
Kulu doesn’t
And that first half yesterday we didn’t invert much at all because Porro and Maddison were on that space which confused Everton tactically

Agree. He's better than Doku, and looks similar to the new winger at city. Good debut, and with time can only get better. Looks a real player.

Back