• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC ***

I was away yesterday so have enjoyed reading through this thread today, having watched the whole game last night. What a great part of a very good weekend.
One thing I missed. After his considered reaction to the first game of the season not going our way, I had hoped to see DubaiSpurs' thoughtful musings now that the next match appeared more positive. There's still time.

I was away yesterday so have enjoyed reading through this thread today, having watched the whole game last night. What a great part of a very good weekend.
One thing I missed. After his considered reaction to the first game of the season not going our way, I had hoped to see DubaiSpurs' thoughtful musings now that the next match appeared more positive. There's still time.
Yeah
Won’t happen
He would have done that last night on his local time zone
We won't see the negative posters unless its flips again next weekend

Didn't see most of the game, but have seen the highlights. Everton didn't look all that, but job well done nonetheless and something to build upon. Nice that our old nemesis, the crossbar, decided to play nice for once. And from a corner too!

Give it a rest.
What a man can’t have an opinion ? To much of this on here recently. Almost like people want little echo chambers.

Yes he’s being negative as is Dubai and myself at times.

But some of the posts after wins goes completely in the other direction. It’s as bad.

No need for that really. It’s what this place is for. Half the draw is the differing opinions.

We won yesterday. Oderbert had a half decent debut. No more no less. There was good and bad in the game. We lost all tempo after first goal and Everton were brick.

Don’t mean to single you out in particular and I’ll stand corrected but I’ve been a lurker on here for a decade plus and there were periods you had a negative out look at things.

Thats why it’s great. We all see it different.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

I think periods of controlled possession is fine. And across a game it's useful to vary our intensity a bit to avoid exhaustion. The important part for me is that we continue to be a threat and that we manage to get out of that "controlled possession" state into quick tempo when the opportunity arises.
Yeah, I get that slowing it down is also needed. But until we're more assured at the back we shouldn't slow it down until we have a 2 goal advantage. That gives us a buffer so that, if the opposition gets a goal back, we're not scrambling to get back on top.

Yeah, I get that slowing it down is also needed. But until we're more assured at the back we shouldn't slow it down until we have a 2 goal advantage. That gives us a buffer so that, if the opposition gets a goal back, we're not scrambling to get back on top.
We had a 2 goals advantage quickly in reality
And we use the slowing it down to get the opposition to move
Do you remember the Maddison miss very early in the game? That came from just that

Italians have a saying for an outstanding player, fuoriclasse. Problem is, he is our only fuoriclasse. În bigger sides, there are more than one, some have 3 or 4. When one of them doesn't have a good game, one of the others does and takes the spotlight out of the poor performance by the first one. When you only have one, people talk about it.

I know he was shocking against Leicester, but I’d add Romero to the list.

Yes, we absolutely need a couple more players to step up. Maddison has potential to, but it’s a spell or a game where everything clicks for him. And he isn’t consistent. VDV and Bergvall have potential to stamp their quality on games. Both developing still.

I thought Udogie could be one of the best left backs in the game - and he can still be. But he needs to do more to impose himself on games. I think it will take him 5 years to mature fully. Poro is already a top quality fullback. More deadly in front of goal than most forwards. Kulu is second only to Son in the maturity of his attacking play.

But long and short of it is: I agree we need a couple more players to step up and stamp their authority on games as Son and Romero do consistently.

Last edited:
Talk about hyperbole! He was far from shocking! He had a perfectly decent game where he for 3 seconds forgot to look behind him.
He should know better, but that incident does not warrant labelling his performance on the day as shocking!

Would you say it’s hyperbole that he single handedly lost us two points? For a player of his quality, it was shocking to see him so asleep and unaware.

I put it down to rustiness and not much preseason.

Would you say it’s hyperbole that he single handedly lost us two points? For a player of his quality, it was shocking to see him so asleep and unaware.

I put it down to rustiness and not much preseason.
So one mistake is all it takes from going from 8 to 1 on a scale from 1 to 10?

And yes, he made a mistake, but he wasn't alone. we could have dealt with the situation a lot better long before that, so the goal isn't just on Romero. It's a team game, and the team didn't do enough to prevent the goal.

So one mistake is all it takes from going from 8 to 1 on a scale from 1 to 10?

Where’s the scale come from? 😂 I thought Romeo’s lapse was shocking. He’s that good, he doesn’t often switch off like that.

Part of the challenge for our back line is they spend the whole game up the pitch (or they did for the Leicester game). So then they are not set and ready always in a defensive line. Especially with it being the first game and 3 of the 4 having missed most of the preseason games.

Where’s the scale come from? 😂 I thought Romeo’s lapse was shocking. He’s that good, he doesn’t often switch off like that.

Part of the challenge for our back line is they spend the whole game up the pitch (or they did for the Leicester game). So then they are not set and ready always in a defensive line. Especially with it being the first game and 3 of the 4 having missed most of the preseason games.
When you say he had a shocking game, that must be a 1? What's below shocking in the scale?

I'm not saying slow the entire game down and try to just keep possession.

Slow, slow, slow, then quick. The switch of tempo is important. Wait until the movement and passing creates enough of an opening to try to exploit it with real tempo.

One of my little hangups is purposeful passing. No point in passing it quickly if it's not with purpose. Romero in particular could easily pass the ball quicker in many situations, but usually it wouldn't be with any purpose if he did so.

Back