• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC ***

If they are going to sit back, I would rather see Bergvall and Kulusevski start.

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma
Kulusevski Bergvall
Johnson Solanke Son
Will leave us open on the counter, but both have quick feet and will take the ball forward

My streaming feed of the season opener featured Martin Tyler doing the call. Routinely pronounced Bergvall as Berri-vall.

News to me. Mind you, to our ears, the Swedes have all sorts of odd pronunciations - eg., KJ = SSHH.

If they are going to sit back, I would rather see Bergvall and Kulusevski start.

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma
Kulusevski Bergvall
Johnson Solanke Son
Will leave us open on the counter, but both have quick feet and will take the ball forward

I like the Swedish Connection in MF, but Bissouma? You - like him - are having a laugh.

It has been mentioned that Johnson can only run and play in straight lines and doesn't have a trick to beat a man, so he struggles to break through a packed defence. I believe Werner is similar. Much better when there is space to run into. Likewise Sarr, he is a long distance runner, not a tricky guy.
Assuming Everton will have a packed defence, I want to see trickier players that can beat a man.
I'd rather see Odobert and Moore than see Werner and Johnson.

...................Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
..............Bissouma
.......Bergvall Maddison
Kulusevski Solanke Richie

We'll win this 2-1.

They will score first and there'll be grumblings in the crowd about Ange before Solanke scores twice.

I like the Swedish Connection in MF, but Bissouma? You - like him - are having a laugh.

Lack of options.
I'm not sure Gray is ready to start, not with out a bit more defensive abilities around him. Bentancur is out.

I wouldn't play Sarr or Maddison there.

Usually I would say this match is the perfect opportunity for the team to turn things around and get back on track. Everton, a side that traditionally have rolled over for us (lads - it's Everton) and at home to boot. But after this catastrophy of an Official Weather Thread, I have lost all confidence.

0-1, Vicario own goal.

So, if Bissouma is still on Ange's naughty step, that might mean the Swedish Connection in MF won't happen. Not to start anyway.

---------------Vicario
Porro-----Romero---VDV--Udogie
-----------Sarr------Bissouma
-----------------Kulu
--Odobert---Solanke---Moore

Subs: Austin, Dragusin, Gray, Bergvall, Maddison, Johnson, Son, Richarlison

Back