• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v ACF Fiorentina***

Winning the EL is in our own hands. The PL is not.

Really? Have you seen some of the teams left in the EL? The player quality and tactical variation there imo is much harder than what we'd be used to in the PL. There are some serious CL-level clubs left: Dortmund, Napoli, Villareal, two-year holders Sevilla to name just three.

The PL is much more in our hands if you look at it that way.

However, i'd like us to go for both, but winning either will be very hard and we'd have to perform at a level in either that we haven't managed for a generation.

It's thinking about how hard either will be that makes me even sadder that we lost yesterday, as the FA Cup is much more of a lottery and looking at who is left we'd have been in with a much bigger shout of winning that imo:(

Really? Have you seen some of the teams left in the EL? The player quality and tactical variation there imo is much harder than what we'd be used to in the PL. There are some serious CL-level clubs left: Dortmund, Napoli, Villareal, two-year holders Sevilla to name just three.

The PL is much more in our hands if you look at it that way.

However, i'd like us to go for both, but winning either will be very hard and we'd have to perform at a level in either that we haven't managed for a generation.

It's thinking about how hard either will be that makes me even sadder that we lost yesterday, as the FA Cup is much more of a lottery and looking at who is left we'd have been in with a much bigger shout of winning that imo:(

This for me as well, it was our best chance of actually winning something ( imo) and once again we failed to take advantage of it. :(

This for me as well, it was our best chance of actually winning something ( imo) and once again we failed to take advantage of it. :(

Yesterday was a really good example of why it is foolish to prioritise cups over the league when you are performing well in the league.

We played well yesterday, created more chances and did more than enough to win but didn't. That happens in one of games and the result in a cup is that you are out of the competition. In the league, you can drop points and still be in with a shout.

Yesterday was a really good example of why it is foolish to prioritise cups over the league when you are performing well in the league.

We played well yesterday, created more chances and did more than enough to win but didn't. That happens in one of games and the result in a cup is that you are out of the competition. In the league, you can drop points and still be in with a shout.

And that is why I said we failed to take advantage of the situation.

We would still be in with a shout if winning the league if we lost a game.

If we had won on Sunday we would still have a chance of winning the league, but also a big chance of actually winning something ( which is the reason we play games). We are going round in circles.

due to ah certain issues if Spurs win on Thursday I wont get to see them take on Bournemouth at home on the Saturday towards the end of March, if we go out and the games on a Saturday then I will enjoy the spurs and tinkle up with my mates...

what do I Want? Spurs to win of course, we need to go big guns in both competitions.

our lack of finesse and being clinical is worrying me, still as I said in the FA cup thread we must start thinking like a big club...a European powerhouse, that means we are insatiable about winning every tournament that we compete in.

Poch gave him the full 90 to hope he would deliver. That was not unreasonable. Unfortunately, he didn't take the chances offered. And I see you agree with me that he shouldn't start on Thursday. Why do you think that?
Maybe Poch gave him the full 90 to get him more match fit for the Fiorentina game? I could easily see him starting on Thursday.

If we had won on Sunday we would still have a chance of winning the league, but also a big chance of actually winning something ( which is the reason we play games). We are going round in circles.

I don't wish to be rude but it is difficult to get anywhere with this conversation if you don't get or choose to ignore probability.

Fiorentina are going for this. They rested players in the League at the weekend! We need to play a strong side to stand a chance.

Agree with Milo, a rotated well prepared team, would be best on Thursday.

Otherwise we play Swansea with a tired side, and I think we'd be relying on the rub of the green to get a win. Poch and team need to earn their money now at the business end of the the season. A hard working rotated team will have a good chance at home, and if we lose, we can focus 100% on the league which will help us massively.

If our rotated team progress, then we will be using our squad to good effect. But will Poch feel pressure to play the big guns on Thursday and again Sunday?

Back