• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v ACF Fiorentina***

Great night. Great atmosphere. Such an assured performance from every one of our players. Another game where I felt totally comfortable we were not going to concede, never mind lose. This feeling is still hard to get used to! It's hard to pick one stand-out player as it really was a team performance. Alli just amazes me everytime I see him. Lamela was tireless,deserved his goal and Eriksen back on form (or even more on form). Toby is an absolute rock in our defence, such total composure and control. Wimmer (yellow card aside) another strong performance - he has slotted in so well. Very hard now to call out our best fullback options. Mason stepped up, didn't look rusty, and took his goal superbly. Great to hear "he's one of our own" ringing out. As the players were waiting for the re-start, it did look like some of them were applauding him as the crowd were singing his name.
And talking of singing - the Shelf Side/Park Lane chanting was excellent, no idea how long it went on for in reality but it felt like a good 10 minutes.

However this season pans out, we have a very special team (and manager) here. COYS!!

Back on song last night.(literally)

He's got Eriksen running his little rat arse off. And so effective.

Wimmer is so solid with a sweet pass.

Toby the best CH in the premier.

Hugo is just there when you need him.

Their no.72 was brick......although I thought Kalinic(?) had a good game for them.

The park lane /shelf side chant was immense (yes it was @Danishfurniturelover) and came out of the blue. How long?

I feel a Euro away day coming on.

Last edited:
Loved the Park Lane / Shelf sing off!

Said to my son afterwards, that was the best bit of the game...thought the first half was not really us at our best, and Fiorontina were very good. We were above the away fans, noisy lot, so the atmosphere was a little muted some of the time. Overall though, 3-0 against a very good side, what more can you ask?

Paulo Sousa dubbed Tottenham Hotspur "one of the five best teams in Europe" after the north London side knocked Fiorentina out of the Europa League.

The tie remained level before Mason's 25th minute goal at White Hart Lane, but Sousa felt his side were not allowed back into the contest after Lamela doubled the lead on 63 minutes.

"Until 1-0 we were in the game. We knew that this was an important team with great quality, which can withstand high intensity throughout the game.

"After the second goal there was great leadership on their part."

He added: "The boys gave their all against an important team, who I feel at this time to be among the best five in Europe in terms of intensity, technique and tactics.

"We wanted to go on, but unfortunately it was not possible. After 2-0 we fell away. We struggled."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/spurs-are-among-europes-best-sousa#LkWyclYz5Xjss3O8.99

I dont think Sousa will be too upset. They have bigger fish to fry with the league like us. If they play like they did last night they will not stay third.

You can see why Juventus are head and shoulders ahead of the rest, Napoli won't stay the course either

I dont think Sousa will be too upset. They have bigger fish to fry with the league like us. If they play like they did last night they will not stay third.

You can see why Juventus are head and shoulders ahead of the rest, Napoli won't stay the course either

Haven't watched much Italian football; why do you say that out of interest?

Great result, great performance. Absolutely dominated them. Our pressing is outstanding.

Well done to the lads, particularly Eriksen who put in a tremendous shift. How does he do it? Well done to Pochettino for having us bounce back after the Palace result.

Haven't watched much Italian football; why do you say that out of interest?

Napoli have been great but have looked frazzled when pressure is applied. I though did not realise they are 7pts ahead of 4th place Roma, so they do have a big enough gap. Roma are on a role and could overtake Fiorentina who looked vulnerable ATM when under pressure.

Yea was terrible goal keeping to be fair. Mason's finish was so predictable.

Predictable because it's the right thing to do in that situation. Goalkeeper doesn't want to get beaten at the near post, composed finish at the far post is the right thing to do unless the goalie goes down early and opens up the near post.

Back