• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Tottenham Hotspurs vs Brentford - Sat, 21 Sept, 3pm

Now this is a game that we have genuinely played well in ie. defending well, good possession and use of the ball but importantly actually creating genuine chances. It's not about the goals we have scored but their keeper has actually had to make saves, we've looked genuinely dangerous. I'd argue this is our best performance this season even over the Everton game despite the goals scored difference.

I mostly agree, I wouldn't say we've defended well though, another really soft goal conceded and Vic had to claw an almost impossible one out. They also had a 2 on 1 at one point.

But that pass will mean he had a great game to some.

He has been wasteful for most of the game, but worked hard.
The problem is while I don't disagree that one moment does not mean a player had a good game. If that had been Werner on the run I doubt the pass gets made and we probably don't get the 3rd. I'm all for subbing Son off when it makes sense, but subbing Werner on rarely makes any sense

The problem is while I don't disagree that one moment does not mean a player had a good game. If that had been Werner on the run I doubt the pass gets made and we probably don't get the 3rd. I'm all for subbing Son off when it makes sense, but subbing Wener on rarely makes any sense

I do agree, he plays with his head down

Now this is a game that we have genuinely played well in ie. defending well, good possession and use of the ball but importantly actually creating genuine chances. It's not about the goals we have scored but their keeper has actually had to make saves, we've looked genuinely dangerous. I'd argue this is our best performance this season even over the Everton game despite the goals scored difference.

We've been lucky not to concede a few though.

I mostly agree, I wouldn't say we've defended well though, another really soft goal conceded and Vic had to claw an almost impossible one out. They also had a 2 on 1 at one point.
I missed the first 15 mins so I missed the goal and I haven't seen a replay of how it was scored. They did have the chances you mention but I don't expect perfection and tbh given the way we play we are always going to face counters.

It's to be expected.

I missed the first 15 mins so I missed the goal and I haven't seen a replay of how it was scored. They did have the chances you mention but I don't expect perfection and tbh given the way we play we are always going to face counters.

It's to be expected.

Fair enough.

I do expect perfection and think we should change the way we play so that we don't face counters. :p

Their goal was some really special defending, Mbuemo received the ball on the edge of our six yard box, completely unmarked, only 22 seconds in.

Good win, best overall performance in ages. Solanke more technical than I expected, faith restored. Maddison looking more like his old self. Sounds weird that we should have shot more when we've had 129 attempts, but it is what it is. If we play like this and win the rest of our games, I think we'll win the league.

Back