• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Might Spurs v Coventry Wednesday 18 September, kick-off 8pm

People refer to last seasons game and the changes we made but we lost on penalties after no real pre season, much earlier in the season too
We can and should make a lot of changes because we need the new energy

what I want to see is playing through the lines, drawing the opposition out and then getting wide and getting crosses across the six yard box. The rest of the strategy hinges on this being effective, and the team, despite I believe being told to do it, just aren't - starting with Son in the main.

what I want to see is playing through the lines, drawing the opposition out and then getting wide and getting crosses across the six yard box. The rest of the strategy hinges on this being effective, and the team, despite I believe being told to do it, just aren't - starting with Son in the main.
That’s what we all want to see.

Question is, why have the players (for quite a while now) not been doing it? Not bought in? Not up to it? Poor coaching?

Here’s hoping we see plenty of it in the weeks to come, starting tonight.

Starting (for example) Odobert, Gray, Bergvall, Spence, Sarr & Dragusin shouldn't be seen as throwing in the kids - as a group that is a relatively expensive set of players the club has scouted and decided bring in to the first team squad, provided they are showing enough in training I absoloutely have no issue with giving them minutes tonight (nor would I in the league or Europe either)

Edit : to add, I do think they need to be supplemented with usual first XI players for the remaining positions though - a 60:40 / 50:50 mix of regular starters plus rotational players can work well imv, but an entire change XI would be negligent.
This for me too. Some rotation, but not wholesale changes.

Who exactly is a different question, but I like the one's you suggest.

Tottenham XI: Forster; Gray, Dragusin, Davies, Udogie, Bentancur, Sarr, Bergvall, Odobert, Solanke, Werner.

Subs: Vicario, Spence, Pedro Porro, Reguillon, Moore, Maddison, Kulusevski, Johnson, Son.

Just noticed a lack of CBs on the bench.

Back