• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Might Spurs v Coventry Wednesday 18 September, kick-off 8pm

His expected return date was the weekend just gone, so he should be back for this unless he's had a relapse. It was only a minor hammy, nearly a month ago.

He'd still be more effective than Werner though - one hamstring or two

Team news for the weekend still had him out, and doesn't sound like he is close to being fit yet

'Lastly, the Australian confirmed that both Richarlison and Will Lankshear remain sidelined as they continue to work back to full fitness, adding: “Richy's still got a bit of work to do, alongside Will Lankshear who is still in rehab.”'

His expected return date was the weekend just gone, so he should be back for this unless he's had a relapse. It was only a minor hammy, nearly a month ago.

He'd still be more effective than Werner though - one hamstring or two

Werner does however know how to play Ange ball correctly

I agree we need a win, and I would get why we would send the same team back out to keep consistency. I just don't think it's the same as in the past letting finge players get their 8th or 9th chance to impress. Bergvall and Gray have both looked impressive when they have played as has Dragusin.

I do agree Bergvall and Gray and the Drag are promising, however we have sent players out in the past who were supposed to be the next big thing [ Parrott, Scarlett,etc,etc] and we have fallen down. I have no problem with playing young players but lets at least try and win the game before we make several changes.

Ange is starting to come under pressure from a certain section of the fans [ kneejerkers mostly] in the early rounds of the cup the last thing we need is a defeat. I have nothing against giving the kids game time but we should not overdo it.

I do agree Bergvall and Gray and the Drag are promising, however we have sent players out in the past who were supposed to be the next big thing [ Parrott, Scarlett,etc,etc] and we have fallen down. I have no problem with playing young players but lets at least try and win the game before we make several changes.

Ange is starting to come under pressure from a certain section of the fans [ kneejerkers mostly] in the early rounds of the cup the last thing we need is a defeat. I have nothing against giving the kids game time but we should not overdo it.
Every second we've seen of Bergvall so far has been evidence that he looks a better player than Maddison already. Some of the others are a bit further behind, but not much.

Every second we've seen of Bergvall so far has been evidence that he looks a better player than Maddison already. Some of the others are a bit further behind, but not much.

Honestly I can see him stepping up and becoming a big player for us this season. We’re at the point as we were against Villa, under Pochettino, when Kane made his mark, and need a player to step up and bring some magic. Bergvall is the most likely candidate otherwise it will be Moore. But Bergvall has it, hopefully he turns up tomorrow and makes such a mark that we can’t not pick him against Brentford and so it continues.

Vicario
Porro...Romero...VdV...Udogie
Sarr...Gray
Odobert...Bergvall...Werner
Solanke​

Would like to see that team with a view to them starting Saturday.

Vicario
Porro...Romero...VdV...Udogie
Sarr...Gray
Odobert...Bergvall...Werner
Solanke​

Would like to see that team with a view to them starting Saturday.

Nice idea to try a team for the PL, rather than just play everyone who hasn't got a game yet.

Kulu for Werner (and swap sides with Odobert) and that's my first team too (although would like to see how Richie does when he's back)

Son, Maddison and Bentancur haven't been doing enough for me. We need to rotate.

Is this one of those games where the fans want to see the kids / fringe players and then when we inevitably lose they complain that we are not taking it seriously?

Moore isn't involved in the academy team this evening, so I'm hoping he will get on the bench tomorrow.

I think he needs to give some of the youngsters a start, and a chance for more to come off the bench. But I do think there is a difference to past years where we would throw in Sess, Ndomble, Sanchez and co that just went though the motion.

Moore isn't involved in the academy team this evening, so I'm hoping he will get on the bench tomorrow.

I think he needs to give some of the youngsters a start, and a chance for more to come off the bench. But I do think there is a difference to past years where we would throw in Sess, Ndomble, Sanchez and co that just went though the motion.
I dont think anyone could accuse Sanchez of going through the motions. He had limitations, but his dedication was never in question

Well as they say its all about o pinions however we are badly in need of a win and lets get the game won and then send on the youngsters. We have all seen our team sent out with far too many changes in cup games over the years [ Fulham being a example last season] and it generally does not end well.

We really need to take the cups this years seriously and try to win something. imo

You are right, whatever side Ange selects, the intention has to be clear, we need a statement win here.

There should be no lack of clarity on if we intend to take the cups seriously, go fudging win something, shove it down their fudging throats when we do.

You are right, whatever side Ange selects, the intention has to be clear, we need a statement win here.

There should be no lack of clarity on if we intend to take the cups seriously, go fudging win something, shove it down their fudging throats when we do.

you can't make "statements" against such inferior opposition

not positive ones anyway

Back